Rumors thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more imports

SEOUL, Dec. 21 (Yonhap) -- South Korean pitcher Lim Chang-yong may consider signing a five-year contract with the World Series champion Boston Red Sox, the player's agent said Tuesday.

Antonio Nam said the club has offered a revised contract totaling US$9 million (about 9.5 billion won), including a $250,000 signing bonus, until 2009.

The Cardinals apparently have their eye on Devil Rays shortstop Julio Lugo as they attempt to rebuild their middle infield.

The Rays may be willing to depart with Lugo if they can sign another shortstop from the non-tender market that resulted from Monday's midnight deadline for offering arbitration-eligible players contracts. Angels shortstop David Eckstein, who is from Sanford and has a sister living in Tampa, and Dodgers middle infielder Alex Cora are two of the more attractive players not offered contracts and who became free agents.

It was Green or Drew but rather Vazquez that broke the deal:

Sources say Vazquez had no desire to play for LAD & would like demand a a trade

after 1 season in accordance w his contract. LAD all along planned to trade him to a 4th team but that team never materialized. Vazquez refused to take a physical after DePodesta labeled him a "health concern" with speculation that he had been pitching with an injured elbow in 2004.

But don't think the trade is dead altogether. J.D Drew apparently has agreed to a 55/5 deal with LAD. They still have a need to deal Green.

Maybe the Cubune is so bored with it's team that it just loves including the SOX in all the big trades :)

chicagosports.com:

Sources say the deal appears dead unless another team replaces the Dodgers.

One insider claimed the White Sox, who desire Vazquez.

My insight:

If the NYY's land Beltran, then they have 4 starting OFers al of which would prefer to play in the OF than DH. So if that happens the deal's back on if the CWS want to eat the vast majority of Vazquez's contract.

NYY <- Garland + Grili + 1 prospect from CWS

CWS <- (Matsui/Williams/Sheff) + Vazquez + cash from NYY

ARZ <- (Matsui/Williams/Sheff) from CWS, Garland + Grili + 1 prospect from CWS + 1 prosect for NYY

NYY <- RJ

ARZ get's the big bat, an experienced starter with great stuff, the best young starter on the CWS roster, & 2 prospects.

NYY get the Big Unit

CWS gets Vazquez at a price tag of about 30M/3.

Sources have confirmed to the AP and the Contra Costa Times that the Giants and Moises Alou have agreed to a two-year deal.

The AP reports that deal is worth $13.25 million and contains $500,000 in incentives. The second year is a player option. It's possible that the deal won't be finalized until next week. Dec. 22 - 10:35 pm et

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...l=cs-columnists

Rogers spinning the Vazquez trade:

Offer Koney a 28M/3 extension now w a 2M buyout of 3rd yr. That guarantees him 20M/2. If he accepts forget Vazquez. If he rejects trade him to ARZ & get Vazquez.

Wishful thinking?

Rogers believes that Koney's trade value is at an all-time high after the Beltre, Sexson, & Drew signings. He believes that could land the CWS Vazquez + 15M + ARZ prospect + NYY prospect. That would reduce the cost of Vazquez to 19M/3 for the CWS.

I'm not sure why he thinks the NYY's would do that. It's true the initial ARZ demands between the two teams was 19.5M. So in that respect the NYY would be saving 4.5M

with the CWS involved. I agree that Koney+Garland+Marte will satisfy ARZ. Even to where ARZ might send a prospect to the CWS. Garland could be a solid 2/3 in the NL. Without the CWS, the NYY will likely have to pay a higher cost in talent to get RJ.

Will they trade money for talent to get him? Well that's their history now isn't it.

As for the CWS, can they win w/out Koney? Gload has proven to be a capable PH hitter & sub for the team & represents a sizeable upgrade in the speed-and-defense

dept so I do think they can win w/out Koney. Especially with Vazquez locked up for 3 yrs.

I agree that Koney+Garland+Marte will satisfy ARZ.

yeah, theyd be robbin the band.... and we'd be gettin it up the tailpipe...

your a cool guy and all, but what you wrote deserves the :dips*** award

nothing personal, just my dips*** take on it. :bang

yeah, theyd be robbin the band.... and we'd be gettin it up the tailpipe...

your a cool guy and all, but what you wrote deserves the  :dips***  award

nothing personal, just my dips*** take on it.  :bang

That was Rogers suggestion. :dips*** I was just commenting on the article.

However; if Koney isn't in the future plans of the CWS then they should get as much as they can for him now.

Vazquez + 15M + NYY prospect + ARZ prospect FOR Koney+Marte+Garland is far more than we got for either Lee or Maggs.

good move by the giants now the have another slugger to back up Balco Bonds, who knows how bonds will do without the juice- on addition of alou

THERE HAS BEEN NO EVIDENCE PRESENTED THAT BONDS WAS JUICED!

I'M SICK OF HEARING THAT CRAP!

All the evidence points to is that Bonds used steroidal like creams to overcome pain

& iniuries. That's entirely different from Giambi using steroids for growth. What the HOF vets call into question with Bonds is whether it's fair for him to use such things

even to combat the pain & fatigue of father time. When he breaks the all-time HR record should he receive an asterisk simply because modern chemistry allowed him to play with sizeable pain longer than the past HOFers.

THERE HAS BEEN NO EVIDENCE PRESENTED THAT BONDS WAS JUICED!

I'M SICK OF HEARING THAT CRAP!

All the evidence points to is that Bonds used steroidal like creams to overcome pain

& iniuries.  That's entirely different from Giambi using steroids for growth. What the HOF vets call into question with Bonds is whether it's fair for him to use such things

even to combat the pain & fatigue of father time. When he breaks the all-time HR record should he receive an asterisk simply because modern chemistry allowed him to play with sizeable pain longer than the past HOFers.

THANK YOU!!!!!! People need to get off Barry's nut. He's not like Giambi or Sosa where he got buff overnight. Every year he got bigger and bigger, slowly and surely. Not characterisitc of steroid use. Damn!

Yes, I'm very confused as to what they are saying :huh:

& iniuries. That's entirely different from Giambi using steroids for growth.

What the HOF vets call into question with Bonds is whether it's fair for him to use such things

A pain killer that adds on 30+ pounds of muscle??? f*** me I have been using the wrong s***.... that's about as believable as Sosa not knowing his bat was corked!!!

That kind of statement makes me want to :bang your head!

He did not F'G gain 30 pounds for using an ointment in a flaxseed oil tube a FEW F'G times a year when he was in pain.

As someone said, Barry's muscle gain was slow & steady over his career.

He did not bulk up over a year's time like Sosa & Giambi did.

Hey believe what ever you like....I couldn't careless. Bonds admitted to the roids...thats all I need to convict his punk ass in my book. Knowingly or unknowingly...the only thing different between Bonds and Giambi is Giambi was stupid enough to go into great detail over his use and Bariod used the lawyers answer of "I unknowingly"...give me a f***ing break. Have you looked at the size of Barry's head?? Your head doesn't grow after you're in your 30's.