Rumors thread

witesoxfan

I would not be surprised at all if Beltran ended up in Anaheim.  In fact, that's where I think he'll end up, not in NY.  From the what he has said, he does not want to play in NY...something about too much pressure or something like that.

They do still have enough though to get RJ.  Build a package around Shields and Kotchman and you are almost there already.

I don't know about Beltran, but I know why I wouldn't want to go to New York. Too many damn New Yorkers there. :D

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not be surprised at all if Beltran ended up in Anaheim.  In fact, that's where I think he'll end up, not in NY.  From the what he has said, he does not want to play in NY...something about too much pressure or something like that.

They do still have enough though to get RJ.  Build a package around Shields and Kotchman and you are almost there already.

An outfield of Anderson, Beltran, and Vlad? :puke

Many people around here have said Finley will only play on the west coast, but that isn't stopping the Tigers from checking out the possibilities. I still think Finley would be a GREAT pickup for the Sox. Said that several times at the trade deadline last season.

Many people around here have said Finley will only play on the west coast, but that isn't stopping the Tigers from checking out the possibilities.  I still think Finley would be a GREAT pickup for the Sox.  Said that several times at the trade deadline last season.

I don't think players get to use the walkers in the field or running the bases..

If we can't sign a decent OF, then bring up anderson. Talk about wasting money Finley would be a waste.

I don't think players get to use the walkers in the field or running the bases..

If we can't sign a decent OF, then bring up anderson. Talk about wasting money Finley would be a waste.

Ya ... Nobody wanted this guy at the trade deadline. :rolly

From Rotoworld, the Red Sox are interested in Polanco.

The Red Sox have had discussions with Placido Polanco's agent, the Boston Herald reports.

The Herald speculates that the Red Sox are interested in signing Polanco as a backup at second and third, but we can't see that happening. More likely is that he's being viewed as a potential regular shortstop. He could handle the position for one year and then maybe move elsewhere to make room for Hanley Ramirez in 2006. Still, he's probably not their top option to fill the role. The Red Sox have some interest in re-signing Orlando Cabrera and haven't ruled out making a run at Edgar Renteria. Nov. 19 - 5:19 am et

Not a total surprise, given how his numbers look. Especially if they trade Youkilis, it's a good fit for them. But this is the first time he's been discussed as a full-time shortstop, that I know of.

What team is going to give him that type of deal, considering

a - He's 32 years old

b - His road numbers outside of Fenway weren't all that crash - hot.

c - Pudge only got a 4 year $40 mill deal the year before and was represented by the same agent.

He's dieing to be a Red Sox, as is Lowe. They have both come out and said they wouldn't want to play or live anywhere else, and that Boston is the only place they can see themselves being.

With that being said, until Varitek dumps that Latrell Sprewell-like attitude, he'll be gone, and if Lowe doesn't take a considerable pay cut he'll be gone.

An interesting tidbit from todays globe:

As a contingency, the Red Sox have expressed interest in Orlando Cabrera's Colombian countryman, Edgar Renteria, whose price tag might top Cabrera's but who is considered one of the best all-around shortstops in the game. Renteria, who hit .287 with 10 homers and 72 RBIs last season for the Cardinals, also ranks high on the wish lists of the Cardinals, Cubs, and White Sox, among others, reducing the chances of the Red Sox landing him. Other than Renteria, the list of elite free agent shortstops is led by Nomar Garciaparra, whose days in Boston are over.

I think it might be an announcement related to this:

The Angels are involved in negotiations with Cuban defector Kendry Morales.

The team might use Jared Weaver's money to sign Morales, although they could conceivably ink both. If Morales doesn't sign soon, it's he'll begin showcasing himself by playing in the Dominican Winter League.

He's in as good a shape as he's ever been in in his life. Why would you not want to sign him?

According to Mark Vasko of WSCR 670 on his 20/20 updates today, he said that Matt Clement is becoming very close to signing with the Blue Jays.

If he's signing with the Jays he isn't going to be getting a big offer. I think Clement is one of the better options out their if the Sox went the FA route.

According to Mark Vasko of WSCR 670 on his 20/20 updates today, he said that Matt Clement is becoming very close to signing with the Blue Jays.

Any news on numbers on the length of the contract? I guess they'll try to make Miguel Batista into the closer after all.