Rumors thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 5, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)
Didn't Boras say he received offers from every team in the Beltran sweepstakes?  Newsday was originally reporting that the Mets offered $119 million.  :unsure:

Boras will say anything, don't trust a word that jag off says. It was on the front page of MLB.com a few hours ago. Not a big deal, but I still don't think he'll sign with the Mets, they are awful.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jan 5, 2005 -> 06:01 PM)
Boras will say anything, don't trust a word that jag off says. It was on the front page of MLB.com a few hours ago. Not a big deal, but I still don't think he'll sign with the Mets, they are awful.

I know this isn't a good source, but this is the rumor thread, but take a look at their message board.

Supposedly Boras took the Mets' offer to the Yankees, and the Yanks refused to match it.

The Yankees could announce the signing of Randy Johnson to a two-year, $32 million contract extension today.

A few million will likely be deferred. There's a Friday deadline for the deal to be finalized, though an extension could be asked for. Jan. 6 - 4:08 am et

The Marlins are expected to make multiyear contract offers to A.J. Burnett and Paul Lo Duca.

Both are eligible for free agency after the season. Lo Duca is the more likely of the two to sign. Burnett will be looking for a $10 million-per-year contract as a free agent if he stays healthy. Jan. 6 - 4:24 am et

Source: Miami Herald

That's suprising about Burnett I have to say, he was trade bait material a few weeks ago, and there were rumors that was he wasn't meshing in the Marlins' Clubhouse. Still the inflated pitching market, has probably changed the Florida's braintrust's mind.

Blue Jays re-signed catcher Gregg Zaun to a one-year contract.

Zaun couldn't find the two-year deal he wanted, so he'll return to Toronto and open the season as the team's No. 1 catcher. It's expected that Greg Myers will back him up and Guillermo Quiroz will return to Triple-A, but it would be a surprise if Quiroz doesn't have the starting job before season's end. Jan. 6 - 3:20 pm et

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
Want to point out.  Odalis Perez' deal is likely contingent upon Green going elsewhere, ie Arizona. 

The 3yr 24 mill deal is the tenative agreement which will be signed if the Green deal goes through.

I've heard the exact opposite.

I didn't hear anything like that. I've read the deal is simply contingent upon a physical. Perez is definitely going to be an LAD.

The Green deal is off. He won't waive his no-trade. Doesn't like the AZD multi-year offer.

KW says landing Iguchi appears to be a long shot. He's asking for 2.35M, the CWS are offering 4M/2. If the CWS lose him over 350K someone needs to be fired. Give him 5M/2 & finish the off-season.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
I didn't hear anything like that.  I've read the deal is simply contingent upon a physical.  Perez is definitely going to be an LAD.

The Green deal is off.  He won't waive his no-trade.  Doesn't like the AZD multi-year offer.

KW says landing Iguchi appears to be a long shot.  He's asking for 2.35M, the CWS are offering 4M/2.  If the CWS lose him over 350K someone needs to be  fired.  Give him 5M/2 & finish the off-season.

I read both scdenarios. I believe Perez will be in LA regardless of the Green deal. Loaiza is the one that will be sucking hind tit due to the Green trade falling through.

This all goes through and the Dodgers have a damn good team on paper. They improved from last year and a rotation with Perez, Lowe, Weaver, Penny, and Ishii with Edwin Jackson as a backup is pretty damn good.

Lowe will put up great numbers in Dodger stadium too. Then they lose Beltre and Green but replace them with Kent and JD Drew which is near even, imo.

The Mets and Miguel Cairo reportedly have agreed to terms on a one-year, $900,000 contract.

A physical will finalize the deal. $900,000 is little enough money to make it an okay signing. We don't see Cairo of being much use as a reserve, but signing him isn't going to stop the Mets from doing anything else. Jan

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
Dodgers are going to sign Derek Lowe to a 4yr 32 Mill deal to go along with the Odalis Perez signing.  Sounds like McCourt loosened the purse strings.

It's even worse than that;

The Dodgers are moving close to a four-year, $36 million contract with Derek Lowe.

It's hard to believe Paul DePodesta is going to give Lowe that much money. We're guessing that this means he's still confident he can dump Shawn Green. Jan. 7 - 9:12 pm et

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
It's even worse than that;

Sucks to be a dogers fan. Just because he was great in the post season means nothing. I mean wtf, his era in the regular season was nearly 5.5. Contracts in the mlb blow.

Green for Navarro back on?

The Dodgers and Diamondbacks have revised the Shawn Green-for-Dioner Navarro trade, opening up another 48-hour window for a contract extension.

We doubt this would have happened unless the Dodgers were sure Green would agree to the trade this time. Under the revised deal, the Dodgers may be paying a little more of what Green is still owed. It's unclear whether pitcher William Juarez is still due to go to Los Angeles in the trade. Jan. 7 - 11:25 pm et