In white sox fantasy land

quade36

:huh: Damn I better stop listening to a few around here...  :lol:

I'm not sold on Perez. Maybe this years road stats were better but i don't they have been in the past. THAT'S IMHO

Two out of the last three years his away era has been 3.31, 5.59, and 3.21. I am not counting the three years before that because he never pitched over 100 inning until he got to the dodgers in 2002.

Well, Garland won't be needed seeing as the SP will be Buerhle, Garcia, Contreras, Perez, and Hudson.

If by this you are suggesting that Oakland will accept Konerko and Garland for any of the big 3, then I think you are sorely mistaken.

Konerko will make $9 mill if traded, and Garland is due probably around $3.5 mill in arbitration, putting them at a combined total of about $12.5 mill...and the most any of Oakland's Big 3 makes is $6 mill(both Hudson and Mulder will make $6 mill next year with Zito making $4.8 mill). That means that Oakland is taking on $6.5 mill, and that's not something Beane would do, with them being as financially strapped as they are.

I quite firmly believe that if we were to get Hudson that it would cost Kendall in return. I am not sure the Sox and A's match up well otherwise.

If we give them some cash for PK...they could give us someone like Mark Ellis. Or maybe a B-level prospect. Just because the Beaner hasn't done something in the past doesn't mean he won't do something in the future.

Although, if we can use Kendall as trade bait...bring it on.

If by this you are suggesting that Oakland will accept Konerko and Garland for any of the big 3, then I think you are sorely mistaken.

Konerko will make $9 mill if traded, and Garland is due probably around $3.5 mill in arbitration, putting them at a combined total of about $12.5 mill...and the most any of Oakland's Big 3 makes is $6 mill(both Hudson and Mulder will make $6 mill next year with Zito making $4.8 mill).    That means that Oakland is taking on $6.5 mill, and that's not something Beane would do, with them being as financially strapped as they are.

I quite firmly believe that if we were to get Hudson that it would cost Kendall in return.  I am not sure the Sox and A's match up well otherwise.

I guarantee you they would do Konerko/Garland for one of the big 3 and Arthur Rhodes. You could take that to the bank, imo.

In fact, I even think they would do Hudson and Rhodes for Konerko and a guy like Mike Spidale.

I guarantee you they would do Konerko/Garland for one of the big 3 and Arthur Rhodes.  You could take that to the bank, imo.

Maybe they'd consider that, just to get rid of Rhodes ugly contract, so long as they do not give up Hudson in the deal, and quite frankly, that's who I want the most out of those 3.

Konerko and Garland for Mulder/Zito and Rhodes could be a potential deal, but not Hudson and Rhodes.

Maybe they'd consider that, just to get rid of Rhodes ugly contract, so long as they do not give up Hudson in the deal, and quite frankly, that's who I want the most out of those 3.

Konerko and Garland for Mulder/Zito and Rhodes could be a potential deal, but not Hudson and Rhodes.

It really depends on how bad they want to rid themselves of Rhodes contract. These are the A's we're talking about here... ;)

It really depends on how bad they want to rid themselves of Rhodes contract.  These are the A's we're talking about here... ;)

I remember reading at the winter meetings that Beane was pretty desperate to unload Rhodes.

Heck if the Sox made that deal while Rhodes isn't amazing, if he could revert more closesly to his previous numbers he wouldn't be a bad guy to have in the pen. More importantly the Sox get their starter.

I wouldn't deal Konerko for just anything, Sox need to make sure they are getting a valuable player back cause I'm more then happy with Konerko wearing a Sox uniform next season :)

Konerko will make $9 mill if traded, and Garland is due probably around $3.5 mill in arbitration, putting them at a combined total of about $12.5 mill...and the most any of Oakland's Big 3 makes is $6 mill(both Hudson and Mulder will make $6 mill next year with Zito making $4.8 mill).    That means that Oakland is taking on $6.5 mill, and that's not something Beane would do, with them being as financially strapped as they are.

Meaning that the Sox would have to eat a whole s***load of cash to get the deal done.

I totally agree. Nobody really thinks JR is gonna go for that. :lol:

That deal is a pipe dream.

i think that its very possible that contreres and garland both win 15+ games next year.... while i think its also possible that they both give us at least 2/3rds of their starts at a quality start level.

Evewryone keeps waiting for Judy to win 15 games. Its been, what, 4 years now.

/not holding breath

Here's a guy that you package while you still can.