Boxer pups..

Steff

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know a reputable breeder that I can get a recommendation from or somewhere I can get a boxer pup for under $400..?

Also.. are they good with kids?

We just bread our Boxer... she had 9 puppies 4 weeks ago :P

they are great.. our dog is very nice and playful.. never bit or hurt anyone

Here is some info about Boxers.

The Boxer is considered a "people dog" adapting well to other dogs and children. He should never be aggressive, but rather even-tempered, but does make a good guard dog.

http://www.terrificpets.com/dog_breeds/boxers.asp

Character: This dog is happy, friendly, and intelligent. It bonds closely with the family.

Temperament: Boxers get along especially well with children. They also get along well with other dogs and household pets. They are naturally inclined to protect your family from strangers.

http://www.canine-connections.com/cgi-bin/...xer/profile.htm

More information here.

http://www.dogpage.us/puppy-for-sale/boxer-puppy.html

We just bread our Boxer... she had 9 puppies 4 weeks ago  :P

they are great.. our dog is very nice and playful.. never bit or hurt anyone

If you wouldn't mind.. that would be great.

Are you selling them? I've been looking for a few weeks and they are between $400 and $700. Far from the $50 I paid for our current dog...

If you wouldn't mind.. that would be great.

Are you selling them? I've been looking for a few weeks and they are between $400 and $700. Far from the $50 I paid for our current dog...

We didnt sell them, we gave them away to people we knew for free... just wanted them to have good homes

Anyone know a reputable breeder that I can get a recommendation from or somewhere I can get a boxer pup for under $400..?

Also.. are they good with kids?

Steff, I have had Boxer pups all my life. They are the best dogs in the world and are wonderful with children. If you never had one then be prepared to fall in love with this breed. They are absolutely awesome and they never seem to get old. They always keep that puppy mentallity. I wish I could help you with your breeder info, however I don't know of any. Good luck Steff!

Steff, I have had Boxer pups all my life. They are the best dogs in the world and are wonderful with children. If you never had one then be prepared to fall in love with this breed. They are absolutely awesome and they never seem to get old. They always keep that puppy mentallity. I wish I could help you with your breeder info, however I don't know of any. Good luck Steff!

seriously, they really are great dogs

I am hearing nothing but great things about these dogs. I think I might have to bite the bullet and pay the $$ to get one.

Question to you and MOS.. any health issues? Any serious or costly things as they age..?

Thanks!

My brother had a Boxer...died a couple years ago. He was the best dog. Loves kids and people they know. If you tried to get in the house and he didn't know you though...best of luck to you. lol They are funny dogs though. They get so excited they walk with their butt and head trying to lead the way....they look like a horseshoe.

I am hearing nothing but great things about these dogs. I think I might have to bite the bullet and pay the $$ to get one.

Question to you and MOS.. any health issues? Any serious or costly things as they age..?

Thanks!

well.. my moms friends boxer died of cancer a few months ago.. but she was an all white one

the white ones have greater risk of health issues than the normal ones.. we have 3 white puppies and we are hoping that none of them are blind or deaf because thats one of the major things with the white ones..

So far it appears they can all see, but when they get a little older ill be able to tell better

well.. my moms friends boxer died of cancer a few months ago.. but she was an all white one

the white ones have greater risk of health issues than the normal ones.. we have 3 white puppies and we are hoping that none of them are blind or deaf because thats one of the major things with the white ones..

So far it appears they can all see, but when they get a little older ill be able to tell better

For some reason I don't like the way the white ones look.

We're going back tonight to look at the ones we saw on Sunday. They are only 5 weeks old so we'll have to wait a couple more weeks. $550 clams...

I am going to make one last ditch effort at the Animal Welfare during lunch today though. I really would rather save a puppy from there than spend all that coinage on a dog.. I doubt I'll find a boxer there though. If I do.. that would be an awesome bonus.

Thanks!

Man of Steel brought up some great points about the white ones. The one thing I was told to look out for was hip dysplasia. I have never had a pup have this problem, but I believe it is one of the major concerns with Boxers. Before buying from a breeder ask them if they test their boxers for hip dysplasia.

For some reason I don't like the way the white ones look.

We're going back tonight to look at the ones we saw on Sunday. They are only 5 weeks old so we'll have to wait a couple more weeks. $550 clams...

I am going to make one last ditch effort at the Animal Welfare during lunch today though. I really would rather save a puppy from there than spend all that coinage on a dog.. I doubt I'll find a boxer there though. If I do.. that would be an awesome bonus.

http://www.boxerrebound.com/

This is a boxer rescue foundation in IL. I don't know if they have puppies, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Well.. we went to meet the boxers last night. Man.. they were beautiful and sooo lovable. Then we met the mother and father.. they were also wonderful and very affectionate. But.. seeing them and their 80lbs in person was quite a shock. Ginger was only supposed to be 35lbs and as she stands at 60+ today I have no desire for another dog that big. So.. we played with them for a while. The breeders were really nice and actually helping us choose a dog more suitable for us. They had a rat terrier and it was adorable. Perfect size. Perfect for Ginger to not feel that she isn't the queen anymore. Perfect to care for. Realistically this was the better choice for us. I would have hated to get the boxer and then be sorry when it grew up. So they directed us to the breeder that they bought theirs from.. and she had 2 females 11 weeks old. So.. we bought them both (one is for my folks). We pick them up tomorrow night. They are so friggin cute. I'll post a picture over the weekend.

Thanks MOS and SSI for the info. I am convinced that boxers are awesome dogs.. they just don't fit in our lifestyle right now.

Well.. we went to meet the boxers last night. Man.. they were beautiful and sooo lovable. Then we met the mother and father.. they were also wonderful and very affectionate. But.. seeing them and their 80lbs in person was quite a shock. Ginger was only supposed to be 35lbs and as she stands at 60+ today I have no desire for another dog that big. So.. we played with them for a while. The breeders were really nice and actually helping us choose a dog more suitable for us. They had a rat terrier and it was adorable. Perfect size. Perfect for Ginger to not feel that she isn't the queen anymore. Perfect to care for. Realistically this was the better choice for us. I would have hated to get the boxer and then be sorry when it grew up. So they directed us to the breeder that they bought theirs from.. and she had 2 females 11 weeks old. So.. we bought them both (one is for my folks). We pick them up tomorrow night. They are so friggin cute. I'll post a picture over the weekend.

Thanks MOS and SSI for the info. I am convinced that boxers are awesome dogs.. they just don't fit in our lifestyle right now.

80 lbs... wow.. thats pretty big

our Girl boxer is only like 50-55 I believe

Rat Terriers are awesome dogs steff. My uncle has had a few of them over the years and they are friendly as heck and intelligent dogs. They love the outdoors so hopefully they can go out a lot and run around.

One thing I've noticed with my uncles at least is that its insanely hyper, but loyal and smart. Very cool dog, follows him everywhere, goes to work at his shop with him, runs all over the farm, etc. Its one of the dogs I'd consider getting.

Of course my favorite breed of dog is the poodle. Thats the only dog I ever had and it was awesome. But you guys/gals have opened my eyes to boxers now. They sound pretty badass.