Boxer pups..

Steff

If it wasn't for the 80+ lbs.. we definitely would have gotten one no question.

Now.. I have to name this little s***. It's mostly white with black on the head and tail. Any suggestions?? It's a girl and the most she'll weigh is 16-18 lbs..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it wasn't for the 80+ lbs.. we definitely would have gotten one no question.

Now.. I have to name this little s***. It's mostly white with black on the head and tail. Any suggestions?? It's a girl and the most she'll weigh is 16-18 lbs..

I thought Mary-Ann was a good one to go with Ginger. Or you could always name it MVP after Willie ;)

I thought Mary-Ann was a good one to go with Ginger.  Or you could always name it MVP after Willie ;)

Too long.. they say try to limit it to 2 syllables. Easier on the dog to learn I guess.

And no.. I wouldn't name a maggot after that idiot.

No offense but I wouldn’t spend over $100 on a dog. That’s just me though.

I have a Beagle, which I adopted last year for only $50, and she’s no problem. A small dog who doesn’t shed a lot of hair and is easy to take care of. :)

No offense but I wouldn’t spend over $100 on a dog. That’s just me though.

I have a Beagle, which I adopted last year for only $50, and she’s no problem. A small dog who doesn’t shed a lot of hair and is easy to take care of. :)

Normally I wouldn't, and never have. All my childhood we saved dogs never paying more than $50 for them. Ginger was saved and while she's a great dog.. not knowing exactly what her blood line is has been a challenge. This time we wanted a dog whos history we knew and temperment we could count on. In the end since we took both of them we only ended up paying $150 each for them (on most websites I saw they were going for $250 to $400 each). That's a dog with current shots and registered. After adopting it's that much anyway once you pay for all the vaccinations. I'm confortable with the decision to spend the $.

We talked about getting a dog now that the house is done. Will we? Who knows. All I know is that he wants a lab and after taking one in that was a stray (FSIL's boyfriend took her home to his kids), I am fine with that. She was so cool, smart and friendly. She adored Brian and it was tough for him to give her up, but he wasn't home enough to take care of her.

Normally I wouldn't, and never have. All my childhood we saved dogs never paying more than $50 for them. Ginger was saved and while she's a great dog.. not knowing exactly what her blood line is has been a challenge. This time we wanted a dog whos history we knew and temperment we could count on. In the end since we took both of them we only ended up paying $150 each for them (on most websites I saw they were going for $250 to $400 each). That's a dog with current shots and registered. After adopting it's that much anyway once you pay for all the vaccinations. I'm confortable with the decision to spend the $.

Well I’m glad you’re comfortable with the decision. :)

And even though I said that I myself would not pay over $100 for a dog, you’re still not going to save any money. For the reason that you have to take care of an animal like if it were your own child. You need to buy food, take care of it, take it to the vet at least twice a year and so on. All of these actions will eventually equal more than 100 bucks. But that’s all right with me. I enjoy having a pet dog.

Well I’m glad you’re comfortable with the decision.  :)

And even though I said that I myself would not pay over $100 for a dog, you’re still not going to save any money. For the reason that you have to take care of an animal like if it were your own child. You need to buy food, take care of it, take it to the vet at least twice a year and so on. All of these actions will eventually equal more than 100 bucks. But that’s all right with me. I enjoy having a pet dog.

I'm not real sure what you're trying to say.. and it sounds like you're attempting to slam us for spending our money on our pet....

Was there any value to your post here, as I am obviously missing it.

We talked about getting a dog now that the house is done.  Will we?  Who knows.  All I know is that he wants a lab and after taking one in that was a stray (FSIL's boyfriend took her home to his kids), I am fine with that.  She was so cool, smart and friendly.  She adored Brian and it was tough for him to give her up, but he wasn't home enough to take care of her.

QP.. we saw 2 beautiful Lab pups (4 months and 6 months) at the CR Animal Welfare yesterday.. absolutely beautiful!! They said they always have Labs there so maybe when you guys decide to get one you can check there first.

I'm not real sure what you're trying to say.. and it sounds like you're attempting to slam us for spending our money on our pet.... 

Was there any value to your post here, as I am obviously missing it.

No, I’m not trying to slam you or anyone else.

I said that I wouldn’t spend over $100 on a dog but even though if I get a dog for less than that I’m eventually going to spend more than 100 bucks on the dog itself in a course of a year. And I believe that every dog owner goes through that and knows that. I just meant to say it.

Hopefully you can understand my post a little bit better.

No, I’m not trying to slam you or anyone else.

I said that I wouldn’t spend over $100 on a dog but even though if I get a dog for less than that I’m eventually going to spend more than 100 bucks on the dog itself in a course of a year.  And I believe that every dog owner goes through that and knows that. I just meant to say it.

Hopefully you can understand my post a little bit better.

OK