NFC Title Game

Who will face the Eagles in the NFC Title Game?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will face the Eagles in the NFC Title Game?

• Falcons
    • Vikings
    • Packers
    • Giants
    • Seattle
    • St. Louis
    • Other
    • The Eagles won't make it to the NFC title game

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I'd lean towards the Bears if Krenzel made some improvements, but with Urlacher out it would be tough.

Puhlease! I knew I should have left other out because these stupid Bears fans (dumb as Cubs fans, oh wait, they are the same people!) are getting cocky because they are only 1 game under 500. Geez people, try to be unbiased for one freaking poll.

Puhlease! I knew I should have left other out because these stupid Bears fans (dumb as Cubs fans, oh wait, they are the same people!) are getting cocky because they are only 1 game under 500. Geez people, try to be unbiased for one freaking poll.

No, I happen to think the Bears (with Urlacher on the field) have the best defense in the NFC. With Thomas Jones back they have a productive running back and a qb that should improve.

Plus they are in a lousy conference and come playoff time, defense can do a lot of things. I think their are reasons to look at the Bears, but with Urlacher down its going to be tough, plus they have a hard schedule.

I actually picked the Falcons. I'm not too impressed with any in the NFC right now. The Eagles run offense and defense is just sad. Seattle is a good team, receivers need to get their heads out of their asses though. Rams are good when they run the ball alot, which rarely happens. I don't think any team has really seperated themselves from the rest except the Eagles, and even they have some major problems. I just voted for the Falcons because they are pretty solid everywhere, not spectacular, but solid. When Vick truly figures out the west coast system, other teams are in big trouble. That and Alge Crumpler is a Tar Heel ;-), lol.

Let's look at this playoff team's schedule:

Indy Loss

@ Dallas (probable win, though on the road)

Minnesota (likely loss, but possible considering it's at home)

@ Jacksonville Loss

Houston (winnable, but Texans are pretty decent)

@ Detroit (winnable, but won't be easy)

Green Bay (GB will come with more fire, won't overlook Bears, likely L)

The 2 losses from the Colts and Jags will put the Bears at 7 losses. They would need at least 8-8 to make the playoffs, 9-7 would probably get them in. I don't think Minnesota will lose to the Bears and the Packers are playing really well right now. The Bears should lose at least 2 of these remaining game putting them at best at 7-9, out of the playoffs. Keep dreaming. Quote me on this when the Bears are picking in the teens again.

Right now I'd say with Urlacher out the odds are bad against the Colts, but I'm holidng out. I originally said they would beat SF and go on a winning streak through at least Thanksgiving and I'm hoping they can still do that.

However, the way I see it, hopefully they beat Dallas. Minny is a possibility, they are struggling and Moss could be gone. Plus the Bears will have a little extra time to prepare for that game.

Jacksonville is potentially beatable. Both the Bears and Jacksonville play a similar game (great defense, not so great offense). Anything can happen, imo. Urlacher may be back for this game too.

Houston, its a possibility although Houston is solid. Their defense isn't too hot though, which could be helpful. Detroit, I'm hoping they win and take revenge. They should be able to beat them. Green Bay, this will be a tough game, but the Bears should be healthy, it may be cold and snowy (meaning defensive game) and I love the Bears defense.

So assuming Bears lose to Indy, I think the rest of the games are winnable, of cousre you pinpointed potential losses. All I know is with the way this defense is playing if they can be .500 when they get Url back against Jacksonville then I will really like this teams chances and I think their is a decent shot they take two out of the next three.

We'll see though, we'll see. Jones, Tillman, and Bobby Gray will be coming back too.

Jacksonville is potentially beatable.  Both the Bears and Jacksonville play a similar game (great defense, not so great offense).

Yeah they are pretty similar, except Jacksonville has this thing called a QB. I don't know if you've heard of it, the Bears haven't had one for ages.

Yeah they are pretty similar, except Jacksonville has this thing called a QB. I don't know if you've heard of it, the Bears haven't had one for ages.

We'll see what happens with Leftwich/Berard. Leftwich has played well enough to win and made some nice 4th quarter drives, but he hasn't exactly lit up the league at this point.

I just think the Bears offense has to get better, if it does, with this defense (although It may not be near as good without Urlacher because Odom comes in and now Hillemeyer moves into the middle) they got a shot.

Despite the fact that the Rams have their number, Seattle is the second best team in the NFC and the only team that I respect outside of the Eagles.

Think Bears in 2005. Think about the pro bowl caliber players on defense: Adawale Ogunleye, Alex Brown, Tommie Harris, Lance Briggs, Brian Urlacher, Charles Tillman, Mike Brown, etc. Think about the second tier: Jerry Azumah, Michael Haynes, Tank Williams, Mike Green, Alphonso Boone, Nathan Vasher, etc. We're gonna be slammin' folks.

Jerry Angelo :cheers

I said Minnesota pre-season to win the SuperBowl, I see no reason to change now.

You do see how big of an impact Moss has on the Vikings though.  And you see that without Moss, Culpepper is just another good QB, not the second coming.

They were 5-1 when my buddy bet me that they wouldn't make the playoffs. I didn't even hesitate...money in the bank I figured.

However, both the Packers and the Bears looked like they were finished back in Week 6. I'm definitely regretting that bet right about now.

And Lovie Smith. Im beyond impressed with these two and what they have done. When Jauron was here, besides the QB soap opera we had every year, the Bears never even came close to having a legit pass rusher on D. Lovie comes in, and we have two ends that are dominating, and a rookie DT in Tommie Harris that gets better and better every game.

GOD I want to see this whole team healthy for next year. IM SO EXCITED.

Hell, I'm not a bears fan and I'm intrigued to see what this team can put together next year. A lot of young talent on this team, next year they have a shot to be very, very good.

They were 5-1 when my buddy bet me that they wouldn't make the playoffs.  I didn't even hesitate...money in the bank I figured.

However, both the Packers and the Bears looked like they were finished back in Week 6.  I'm definitely regretting that bet right about now.

I still think they'll make it. It's all a matter of getting Moss back.

When they have Moss, they probably have the best offense in the NFL(not sure I can think of any off the top of my head that are better...maybe Indy, maybe KC, but I'm not sure they even stack up). When they don't, the offense takes a major hit.

They probably wont have Moss against Detroit...but they'll have him the next week again and then will probably have him the rest of the year. With the way Minny's schedule shapes up, they should win atleast 4 more, and could easily get 5 or 6 of the last 7, though I do not see them winning out at all.

I still think they'll make it.  It's all a matter of getting Moss back.

When they have Moss, they probably have the best offense in the NFL(not sure I can think of any off the top of my head that are better...maybe Indy, maybe KC, but I'm not sure they even stack up).  When they don't, the offense takes a major hit.

They probably wont have Moss against Detroit...but they'll have him the next week again and then will probably have him the rest of the year.  With the way Minny's schedule shapes up, they should win atleast 4 more, and could easily get 5 or 6 of the last 7, though I do not see them winning out at all.

Indy>>>Minnesota

I know you're going to bring up the MNF game where the Vikes didn't have Moss, but you have to remember how awful Indy's defense is. IU would have a shot against Indy's defense.

"That ain't in the playbook, but it should be."

Mike Vick is just beginning to understand Jim Mora Jr.'s offense and put up big numbers, plus their defense has been impressive. Granted Atlanta has a very weak schedule, but no one else in the NFC has done s***.

I hope Seattle can get it going too cause the Seahawks and the Falcons are my two favorite teams, behind the Bears.