NFC Title Game

Who will face the Eagles in the NFC Title Game?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will face the Eagles in the NFC Title Game?

• Falcons
    • Vikings
    • Packers
    • Giants
    • Seattle
    • St. Louis
    • Other
    • The Eagles won't make it to the NFC title game

Something absolutely freakish would have to happen for the Bears to make the playoffs, much less win when they get there. Teams with an offense that pathetic just don't make it that far in the playoffs. You have to be able to do SOMETHING on offense. With the way our offense is playing the D has to play a near flawless game, which won't happen another 5 times. The one exception I can think of is the Ravens when they won it, and that was a monster defense with Jamal Lewis on offense. They didn't score an offensive touchdown for 5 games and still came out of that stretch over .500. The Bears aren't THAT good on defense, especially without Brown and Urlacher. This is much like the 13-3 year when we won a few games that we shouldn't and everyone got all excited. We win just enough games to show some signs of life, and all we do in the end is screw up our draft position. That's just what is happening this year.

I am very excited about the future with the way our defense is playing, but our offense still needs a lot of work. If I were the Bears, I'd sign a veteran QB (even if Grossman is going to start, because this s*** is just awful) and draft a homerun threat WR like Michael Williams or Braylon Edwards and then have some fun.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy>>>Minnesota

I know you're going to bring up the MNF game where the Vikes didn't have Moss, but you have to remember how awful Indy's defense is.  IU would have a shot against Indy's defense.

It's a total matter of opinion, and I'm not gonna bring up the MNF game either.

I do think Indy is the only team who could have a better offense then Minnesota. Peyton is the best QB easily, Marvin Harrison is a pretty damn solid receiver, and Edge is awesome...you get a 3-headed monster like that, and your offense is going to be good. A 3-headed monster like that is something Minnesota lacks...however, their depth is incredible. When Mewelde Moore, who was outstanding in the games he played, is your 4th string RB, you are deep.

Basically, it's whether your prefer depth or big time talent...I prefer depth, myself.

It's a total matter of opinion, and I'm not gonna bring up the MNF game either.

I do think Indy is the only team who could have a better offense then Minnesota.  Peyton is the best QB easily, Marvin Harrison is a pretty damn solid receiver, and Edge is awesome...you get a 3-headed monster like that, and your offense is going to be good.  A 3-headed monster like that is something Minnesota lacks...however, their depth is incredible.  When Mewelde Moore, who was outstanding in the games he played, is your 4th string RB, you are deep.

Basically, it's whether your prefer depth or big time talent...I prefer depth, myself.

I hear you. I can't believe how deep Minnesota is at the RB position.

However, if you look at overall talent and experience, the Colts are about as good as it gets. They are packing some serious firepower, and they have more than enough brains to back it up. Best offense in the league? More like one of the best ever.

I'd also put the Chiefs ahead of the Vikings. The recent issue of SI with the Steelers on the cover has 5 Chiefs on their Mid-Season All Pro Team. That's 5 out of 11 guys in the entire NFL. That offense is insane.

All three (Colts, Chiefs, Vikings) have damn near all of their money invested in offense. Meanwhile, the Patriots have the rings. Moral of the story: Don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

Trying to be as least antagonistic as possible here, but in reality the Bears a re dreadful. Krenzel is awful and they will do well to win 6 games. I hope to goodness you all get your wish but as somebody who could give 2 s***s about the NFC I don't see this one at all.

The last 3 games, the Bears have been insanely lucky. They caught the Giants on the start of their cold streak, just when their O-Line started to pile up injuries, hence they could no longer protect Warner. They played quite possibly the worst team in the NFL, at home, and just only pulled away in the final quarter. The Bears got hammered in offensive numbers against the Titans, yet somehow pulled a win. I can't see these type of victories continuing forever, someone will figure out the Bears D especially now without Urlacher. They are still quite weak in the secondary, and you know Peyton, Reggie, Stokely and Marvin will definitely exploit that this week,

You got me rollin over here.

Figure out the D?

You can't just gameplan and somehow score and major talent. You can't just suddenly realize how to stop our defensive line from getting pressure almost every damn play.

Let's see whose lucky on Thanksgiving...

Please list some flukey plays that have occured for the Bears this year...

Not plays, games. Forcing 5 turnovers in a game against the Giants is pretty fluky regardless of how good you think the Bears D is. Scoring 3 points on offense and winning a game, that's a fluke, period.

Not plays, games. Forcing 5 turnovers in a game against the Giants is pretty fluky regardless of how good you think the Bears D is. Scoring 3 points on offense and winning a game, that's a fluke, period.

Fluke, how about losing a game because of a field goal blocked and going the other way for a touchdown????

Fluke, how about losing a game because of a field goal blocked and going the other way for a touchdown????

That's not a fluke, that's the Bears being the Bears. :lol: But, yeah that sucks.

I just think it's funny that you people are getting wrapped up in actually thinking the Bears can do well. Let's let the season unfold and we'll see the Bears in the cellar.

Edited by danman31

I hear you.  I can't believe how deep Minnesota is at the RB position.

However, if you look at overall talent and experience, the Colts are about as good as it gets.  They are packing some serious firepower, and they have more than enough brains to back it up.  Best offense in the league?  More like one of the best ever. 

I'd also put the Chiefs ahead of the Vikings.  The recent issue of SI with the Steelers on the cover has 5 Chiefs on their Mid-Season All Pro Team.  That's 5 out of 11 guys in the entire NFL.  That offense is insane. 

All three (Colts, Chiefs, Vikings) have damn near all of their money invested in offense.  Meanwhile, the Patriots have the rings.  Moral of the story: Don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

I couldn't agree more with that.

I did think the Vikings defense was better then they've been this year, but at the same time, they do not seem to be getting the turnovers this year that they were getting last year. That's probably a big reason why they aren't nearly as good defensively.

You're a joke.

Turnovers are flukes? LOL!

Yeah, don't take into consideration how the Bears got pressure on the QB, how the Bears forced fumbles, how the Bears were in the right position to make those turnovers...

You know, Ben Roethlisburger is a fluke too. Had he not won all of those games, the Steelers would have a terrible record... :rolly

How often do you see 5 turnovers in a game? s***...bunch of f***ing idiots. I'll be right, the Bears won't make the playoffs. My words can't get through to you, so your s***ty team's play will have to.

I don't give a flying f*** if you are right about them going to the playoffs...

You're right, they probably won't.

But calling turovers a fluke, calling their wins flukes, thats just f***ing stupid.

I don't give a flying f*** if you are right about them going to the playoffs...

You're right, they probably won't.

But calling turovers a fluke, calling their wins flukes, thats just f***ing stupid.

Whatever. Flukes happen, there is nothing wrong with them. They just get in the way of properly evaluating a team.

How often do you see 5 turnovers in a game? s***...bunch of f***ing idiots. I'll be right, the Bears won't make the playoffs. My words can't get through to you, so your s***ty team's play will have to.

How often do you see five turnovers in a game?

Not often -- meaning that day, the defense played excellent -- as they have been playing the majority of the season.

And you're personal attacks are pathetic. First, calling us 'Cub' fans is pathetic, now the f***ing idiots. I've come to expect it, though, so it's ok... :rolly

Just some stats to add to the argument.

The Bears have an average of 249.6 yards and conceed 322.1 yards. They give up 204.2 passing yards a game and only have 134.8 yards passing themselves. Craig Krenzel has a QB rating of 49.4 and a CMP% of only 43%. Anthony Thomas only averages 3.3 yards a carry (Eddie George Like). The Bears leading receiver is a HB who is now injured with 26 receptions.

Just some stats to add to the argument.

The Bears have an average of 249.6 yards and conceed 322.1 yards. They give up 204.2 passing yards a game and only have 134.8 yards passing themselves. Craig Krenzel has a QB rating of 49.4 and a CMP% of only 43%. Anthony Thomas only averages 3.3 yards a carry (Eddie George Like). The Bears leading receiver is a HB who is now injured with 26 receptions.

Which is exactly why it's huge he's coming back this week!

Can I (try) to settle this argument by saying that I don't think the Bears are as bad as Dan thinks they are, but they are not as good as some of the Bears fans think they are?

Personally, I think they are about a 5 or 6 win team, but the reason they have won as many as they have so far is because of the defense...it's probably one of the better defenses in the league.

When this Bears team was healthy, they looked like a team who could contend for the NFC North championship...now obviously injuries have hurt them big time, but they are still a decent team, and if they can get any type of an offensive threat going against a team, you are not looking good.

The #1 most important stat in football, other then wins of course, is your +/- rating for turnovers. The more turnovers your force and the fewer turnovers you allow, the better off you will be. Given, I do not have the +/- numbers in front of me for the Bears or the entire league, but I'm sure the Bears are solid, and that is a reason they have won games because of it.

I'd watch out for the Bears next year...they could be a very good football team.

Can I (try) to settle this argument by saying that I don't think the Bears are as bad as Dan thinks they are, but they are not as good as some of the Bears fans think they are?

Personally, I think they are about a 5 or 6 win team, but the reason they have won as many as they have so far is because of the defense...it's probably one of the better defenses in the league. 

When this Bears team was healthy, they looked like a team who could contend for the NFC North championship...now obviously injuries have hurt them big time, but they are still a decent team, and if they can get any type of an offensive threat going against a team, you are not looking good.

The #1 most important stat in football, other then wins of course, is your +/- rating for turnovers.  The more turnovers your force and the fewer turnovers you allow, the better off you will be.  Given, I do not have the +/- numbers in front of me for the Bears or the entire league, but I'm sure the Bears are solid, and that is a reason they have won games because of it.

I'd watch out for the Bears next year...they could be a very good football team.

Always good to have an unbiased opinion.

Also, I couldn't agree more about next year.

I agree that they are a 6-7 win team and I already said so when breaking down their schedule. I did like their chances before Grossman and co. went down. However, I wasn't sure they were a playoff team. Also, I would like to see the d prove itself over a longer period of time than 2 weeks.

I agree that they are a 6-7 win team and I already said so when breaking down their schedule. I did like their chances before Grossman and co. went down. However, I wasn't sure they were a playoff team. Also, I would like to see the d prove itself over a longer period of time than 2 weeks.

Dude you are right.. The Bears fans on here need to wake up from whatever dream they are having..

Their Defense is ranked 13th.. Yeah thats solid but its nothing to nut in your pants over..

btw, you may have beat the Titans, but that was without McNair and even so.. Volek put up 300+ on you..

Imagine what Peyton is gonna do..

Ill give the Bears D some props if they shut down Indy..