NFC Title Game

Who will face the Eagles in the NFC Title Game?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will face the Eagles in the NFC Title Game?

• Falcons
    • Vikings
    • Packers
    • Giants
    • Seattle
    • St. Louis
    • Other
    • The Eagles won't make it to the NFC title game

Where do you come up with them being 13th on D?

They have the 9th fewest points allowed that being the only stat that matters at the end of the day, is the one I would go by.

Yep.

Yards don't matter. I hate it when people judge a defense based soley upon yards allowed.

Turnovers and points allowed, probably the two best stats to judge defenses, IMO.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you come up with them being 13th on D?

They have the 9th fewest points allowed that being the only stat that matters at the end of the day, is the one I would go by.

While this is true, turnovers and what not can make a score look worse than it is. For example, your very Bears only scored 3 points on the Titans defense, but had 16 points in the game from D and special teams. Overall defense is technically judged by yards against. The Bears rank 13th.

While this is true, turnovers and what not can make a score look worse than it is. For example, your very Bears only scored 3 points on the Titans defense, but had 16 points in the game from D and special teams. Overall defense is technically judged by yards against. The Bears rank 13th.

Again -

Yards against doesn't mean much. A team can give up a lot of yards, yet is able to bear down when it really counts (past the 50, in the redzone). A football game is judged by points, correct? Not yards? Thus, points against should be the most important stat...

I said I agreed with WHarris1, but was stating the other case as well. Both stats have some confounding variables so they aren't perfect. That's why it's best to look at both. I just said that the official stat for overall defense is yards allowed.

Again -

Yards against doesn't mean much.  A team can give up a lot of yards, yet is able to bear down when it really counts (past the 50, in the redzone).  A football game is judged by points, correct?  Not yards?  Thus, points against should be the most important stat...

ok, well either way, their defense is ranked 13th no matter what you want to argue for it

thats all I was saying, its 13th

either way, its gonna get hammered by the Colts Sunday.. so ide expect all of their defensive stats to jump up quite a bit

I said I agreed with WHarris1, but was stating the other case as well. Both stats have some confounding variables so they aren't perfect. That's why it's best to look at both. I just said that the official stat for overall defense is yards allowed.

Oh - ok.

My mistake. :cheers

MoS, while it doesn't look good for this weekend, at least the weather is on our side. It's gonna be rainy on Sunday, so that's good.

Damn, I cannot wait till next season. A healthy Bears D would definitely be able to hang with the Colts offense; unfortunately, we've been dealt a real lousy hand (Brown OUT, Tillman OUT, Urlacher OUT).

That being said, I think our defense holds the Colts offense under 28, FWIW...

ok, well either way, their defense is ranked 13th no matter what you want to argue for it

thats all I was saying, its 13th

either way, its gonna get hammered by the Colts Sunday.. so ide expect all of their defensive stats to jump up quite a bit

No...I could argue their D should be ranked 9th...

Because points are the only thing that matters.

But it's useless.

That and I'm having a f***ing terrible day. So I would probably saying stupid s***.

MoS, while it doesn't look good for this weekend, at least the weather is on our side.  It's gonna be rainy on Sunday, so that's good.

They might be able to, but INDY has been lighting it up.. It seems like all they do now is pass pass pass..

And now without Urlacher, and an already hurt team, I just cant see Krenzel pulling this one out of his ass..

Its one of the reasons I picked up INDY's D, yes Indys D, and started them this week in my fantasy league..

I also have NE and CHI D, but theres no way I could start either of them (NE vs KC, and CHI vs IND)

I wont disagree that they have a good D, but if points allowed is the only thing that matters why isnt it what the NFL ranks them by :huh

I wont disagree that they have a good D, but if points allowed is the only thing that matters why isnt it what the NFL ranks them by  :huh

Who knows what goes on inside the heads of the NFL?

At the end of the day yards don't mean s***. Points are the only thing that factors in the win/loss.

Who knows what goes on inside the heads of the NFL?

At the end of the day yards don't mean s***. Points are the only thing that factors in the win/loss.

Yeah I realize that, but usually the ammount of yards you give up in turn deals directly with the points you give up.. it doesnt factor in how well your team plays in the redzone or the turnovers you get..

I wont disagree that they have a good D, but if points allowed is the only thing that matters why isnt it what the NFL ranks them by  :huh

Can you spot an up-and-coming defense when you see one? Or are you more of an after-the-fact type of guy?

Maybe you should pay close attention to the evolution of this Bears D-Line. Alex Brown, Adawale Ogunleye, Tommie Harris, and Michael Haynes are becoming more and more devastating by the week...there's no way that you can compare the Week 3 or Week 4 Bears to the Week 10 Bears. Can you see how your argument is incredibly flawed? Season stats? That's supposed to be a joke, right?

Can you spot an up-and-coming defense when you see one?  Or are you more of an after-the-fact type of guy?

Maybe you should pay close attention to the evolution of this Bears D-Line.  Alex Brown, Adawale Ogunleye, Tommie Harris, and Michael Haynes are becoming more and more devastating by the week...there's no way that you can compare the Week 3 or Week 4 Bears to the Week 10 Bears.  Can you see how your argument is incredibly flawed?  Season stats?  That's supposed to be a joke, right?

I agree that their defense is quality now and will be fearsome when they get everybody back ( Brown, Tillman, Urlacher ), but even the '85 defense needed at least a mediocre QB to score a few points for em. If they have a QB with a 19.5 rating and needing the D and special teams to score all their points for them like they did in the last game they are never going to be anywhere near a playoff team.

Can you spot an up-and-coming defense when you see one?  Or are you more of an after-the-fact type of guy?

haha ok, is that why Billy Volek threw for 300+ yards on them??

Again, when they are in the top 5 then come to me about how good they are.. they are 13th, bottom line.. Argue points allowed all you want, I dont really care.. they are 13th anyway you try to defend YOUR TEAM..

Holy s***, you still don't get it. :headshake

Theres nothing to GET

I dont give a s*** what your opinion is on how up and coming their defense is, I wasnt even talking about FUTURE defense of the Bears..

It was a discussion about right now, and they were all acting the bears were top 5, and I said no they are 13th

I dont care what you think about their young DLineman, thats not even what I was talking about.. damn man, I think your the one who "doesnt get it"

Theres nothing to GET

I dont give a s*** what your opinion is on how up and coming their defense is, I wasnt even talking about FUTURE defense of the Bears..

It was a discussion about right now, and they were all acting the bears were top 5, and I said no they are 13th

I dont care what you think about their young DLineman, thats not even what I was talking about.. damn man, I think your the one who "doesnt get it"

A discussion about RIGHT NOW? :lol:

Did I or did I not say that the Bears defense gets better and better every week? They are not peaking or falling...they're RISING, and dramatically at that. Season stats are only somewhat of an indication of what they're capable of.

I hope that you finally understand.

A discussion about RIGHT NOW? :lol:

Did I or did I not say that the Bears defense gets better and better every week?  They are not peaking or falling...they're RISING, and dramatically at that.  Season stats are only somewhat of an indication of what they're capable of. 

I hope that you finally understand.

OK and again I bring you back to what I said..

they were talkin like the Bears were top 5, I stated they are 13th

I dont care if they are getting better, that doesnt change the fact that they are 13th CURRENTLY

Well see how much of a "rise" they are on when they play Indy Sunday

Now that ain't fair, and you know it.  The Colts offense can make anyone look silly. 

A more accurate indication would be their remaining games versus Minnesota and Green Bay.

how is that not fair? at the end of the year are you gonna be like "man, the Bears defense improved every week, except when they played INDY, but that doesnt count."

INDY isnt even the #1 Offense in the league, Minny is ahead of INDY so how would they be a better indication??

EDIT: as a matter of fact... Minnesota is #2, Indianapolis is #3, and Green Bay is #4

So I dont see why the Colts should be excluded from that, they all 3 are equal an offensive threat