NFC Title Game

Who will face the Eagles in the NFC Title Game?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will face the Eagles in the NFC Title Game?

• Falcons
    • Vikings
    • Packers
    • Giants
    • Seattle
    • St. Louis
    • Other
    • The Eagles won't make it to the NFC title game

how is that not fair? at the end of the year are you gonna be like "man, the Bears defense improved every week, except when they played INDY, but that doesnt count."

INDY isnt even the #1 Offense in the league, Minny is ahead of INDY so how would they be a better indication??

First of all, the Vikings are a division opponent. Anyone with half a brain would recognize that there's far more familiarity and preparation that comes into play against division opponents.

Second, the Colts are hands down the best offense in the league. They're getting ready to set a bunch of passing records & red zone efficiency records.

Next.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, the Vikings are a division opponent.  Anyone with half a brain would recognize that there's far more familiarity and preparation that comes into play against division opponents.

Second, the Colts are hands down the best offense in the league.  They're getting ready to set a bunch of passing records & red zone efficiency records.

Next.

How can you say they are hands down the best in the league?

KC gets more YPG and scores more PPG than Indy.. so please.. where did you come up with that?

and Ill give you that Minny and GB are divisional, but that still doesnt make their offense any worse

EDIT: as a matter of fact... Minnesota is #2, Indianapolis is #3, and Green Bay is #4

So I dont see why the Colts should be excluded from that, they all 3 are equal an offensive threat

Take a look at who the Colts have played this season, and tehn look at who the Vikings and Packers have played. Do you know anything about strength of schedule? Or how about strength of division?

I'm still waiting for one valid football thought.

How can you say they are hands down the best in the league?

KC gets more YPG and scores more PPG than Indy.. so please.. where did you come up with that?

and Ill give you that Minny and GB are divisional, but that still doesnt make their offense any worse

Have you watched any Colts games?

THAT is the best offense in the league, and one of he best offensive teams EVER.

Take a look at who the Colts have played this season, and tehn look at who the Vikings and Packers have played.  Do you know anything about strength of schedule?  Or how about strength of division?

I'm still waiting for one valid football thought.

You can wait all you want, but numbers dont lie

they dont get to pick who they play

Have you watched any Colts games?

THAT is the best offense in the league, and one of he best offensive teams EVER.

Yeah I have watched the Colts games..

Their offense is a good one, I am not trying to say they arent.. but KC is a statistically better offense, so saying the Colts are the best hands down is a flat out false statement..

and uh by the way.. a lot of teams the Colts have played are in the BOTTOM half of overall defense this year...

haha ok, is that why Billy Volek threw for 300+ yards on them??

Again, when they are in the top 5 then come to me about how good they are.. they are 13th, bottom line.. Argue points allowed all you want, I dont really care.. they are 13th anyway you try to defend YOUR TEAM..

No, they're 9th.

So what that Volek piled up 300+ yards on our defense? At the end of the day, the pick that he threw, and the inability to alude the pressure on the safety, lost the game for them.

Bottom line - points per game matters, not yards...

No, they're 9th.

So what that Volek piled up 300+ yards on our defense?  At the end of the day, the pick that he threw, and the inability to alude the pressure on the safety, lost the game for them.

Bottom line - points per game matters, not yards...

actually NFL.com has them 13th.. so if you wanna go agaist the NFL on this, be my guest

and yes, Volek throwing for 300 means a lot.. because Manning is not gonna make the mistakes he made.. Just like McNair most likely wouldnt have made those mistakes if he was playing..

The two most important defensive stats are turnovers and YPG...I know points per game matter too, but that's like looking at the amount of wins a pitcher gets when that can be quite misleading(like, for instance, how Kenny Rogers win 18 games this year, but had an ERA of 4.76...that tells me he had a great offense supporting him). Usually, when you look to evaluate a pitcher, you look for his ERA, K's, WHIP, etc...the peripherals...rather then the actual solid stats like points. Same thing applies here...you look at the fundamental reason for success, and those are YPG and turnovers.

Anyways, what I'm trying to get at is that if a team forces a lot of turnovers and/or allows very few yards in a game, they will win a lot of the time, no matter what they do offensively. The Pats allowed 125 yards and forced I believe 4 fumbles Sunday night against Buffalo, while not turning the ball over and having Corey Dillon rush for more yards then Buffalo's total yards offensively. And you wonder why they destroyed the Bills. Same thing applies in the Bears-Titans game...Bears forced like 5 turnovers, and you wonder why they won and people think they are a great defense. I don't care if a QB throws for 600 yards against me, if he throws 8 int's, he's either having a real bad game, or my defense is pretty damn good(or both).