For IHSA Boys Basketball Fans...

Just wanted to let you guys know early.

If you want to see one of the top basketball teams in the state (Ranked 26th in the nation :o ), also one of the top basketball players in the country (me, of course :lol: ) -- come see me and my team play the Hillcrest Hawks. Their backcourt will be attending Marquette and Ball State next fall, and in the future, they have two other D1 players on their roster. Of course, I won't play (you should be able to see me easily, the little white boy on the end of the Oak Forest bench), but if you wanna come, cool.

We get them twice a year, every year (lucky us, in our conference). So, just letting whoever is interested know...

GBN owns all in basketball. I would have loved to see them play Hillcrest in the Hillcrest Shootout, but instead they are playing Thornton. The schedule they have is nuts. They are playing in the KMOX Shootout (National Invite in St. Louis), Hillcrest Shootout already mentioned, Proviso West Tourney, City-Suburban Shootout against Milwaukee-Vincent (supposed to be good), as well as a couple tough non conference games. Good thing our conference sucks or they'd be screwed! :lol:

Good luck, have fun getting whooped by Acker and McNeal. :)

GBN owns all in basketball. I would have loved to see them play Hillcrest in the Hillcrest Shootout, but instead they are playing Thornton. The schedule they have is nuts. They are playing in the KMOX Shootout (National Invite in St. Louis), Hillcrest Shootout already mentioned, Proviso West Tourney, City-Suburban Shootout against Milwaukee-Vincent (supposed to be good), as well as a couple tough non conference games. Good thing our conference sucks or they'd be screwed! :lol:

Oh man...

My sophomore team played Thorton in a tourney last year. Ugh, not pretty... Down 31-4 at the end of the first quarter. I, personally, got dunked on about four times. It sucked ass.

BTW - I think we actually stay a bit closer with Hillcrest this year than in the past. Our perimeter shooting is second to none in the conference (I'd say better than Hillcrest's outside shooters), we actually got a big guy this year who can play inside and bang with Hillcrest's big guys, and we're a lot more athletic than in the past.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not predicting a victory, but I think we stay within 20 (and considering the ass-whips we've received in the past, that's not terrible). Just gotta get Hillcrest out of that 1-2-2 halfcourt trap -- that's the key.

is that where bruce weber's brother is the coach cuz he mentioned it the other day and how they had a top recruit and he didnt want his bro to screw it up

is that where bruce weber's brother is the coach cuz he mentioned it the other day and how they had a top recruit and he didnt want his bro to screw it up

Yeah, that's us. Scheyer is the best junior in the state by all accounts and was all state as a sophomore last year. Rumor was that he was possibly going to follow Julian Wright to college because they are friends (same AAU team). After Wright went to Kansas that doesn't look likely. I heard from one of the other guys on the team that basically if Jon was going to follow Wright it would be nice for them, but now that won't happen. This was soon after it was announced that Wright was to be a Jayhawk. So Shuf, you won't be landing the best junior in Illinois. :)