What kind of money does Renteria expect?

knightni

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check on OBP ... since that was what I said was equal to Uribe's

Again I say to you..Tejeda in 2003 had a bad year, as did Renteria in 2004...I take my chances with Renteria, over Uribe.

Uribe had a great first 1/3 of the season then fell off then at the end turned it on again..That not a player I want to play everyday, give me a player who can hit around .300 all year long, which Renteria has been shown he can do in the past.

Again I say to you..Tejeda in 2003 had a bad year, as did Renteria in 2004...I take my chances with Renteria, over Uribe.

Uribe had a great first 1/3 of the season then fell off then at the end turned it on again..That not a player I want to play everyday, give me a player who can hit around .300 all year long, which Renteria has been shown he can do in the past.

And again I say to you .. the difference between Renteria and Uribe is not worth $7 million in payroll .... not to this team.

And again I say to you .. the difference between Renteria and Uribe is not worth $7 million in payroll .... not to this team.

We have 40mil to spend on upgrades.. Y

You don't think that Renteria is an upgrade over Uribe.. Then how the hell do you type with the blind cane?

The Sox need 3 things this offseason, actually 4 but the 4th is a little hard to come by.

1. A starter

2. A Defense SS, which Renteria is

3. RF

and the 4th

A GM

We have 40mil to spend on upgrades.. Y

You don't think that Renteria is an upgrade over Uribe.. Then how the hell do you type with the blind cane?

The Sox need 3 things this offseason, actually 4 but the 4th is a little hard to come by.

1. A starter

2. A Defense SS, which Renteria is

3.  RF

and the 4th

A GM

You know what .... I'm done talking to you. Take that blind cane and put where the sun don't shine.

$40 million to spend? BWAAAHAHAHA

okay I was wrong we only have 35.5 Million to spend, if KW lets the payroll go to 75mil

But if we can trade away Pauly's 8 mil a year. More cash to spend

Thanks for the welcome, I be sure to bring knoweldge to the board something that you seem to be lacking!  :D

We'll see who brings more to the board. I have no problem with that comparison. Let time tell it's tale. Regarding the payroll, we have about $12 million tops to spend.

okay I was wrong we only have 35.5 Million to spend, if KW lets the payroll go to 75mil

But if we can trade away Pauly's 8 mil a year. More cash to spend

Thanks for the welcome, I be sure to bring knoweldge to the board something that you seem to be lacking!  :D

I very highly doubt we have that much money. Arbitration and raises will eat alot up.

We'll see who brings more to the board.  I have no problem with that comparison.  Let time tell it's tale.  Regarding the payroll, we have about $12 million tops to spend.

:huh: Where do you get those numbers from?

Maggs's 14 mil gone

Jose 5 Mil gone

Alomars about 2 mil gone

Schoenweiss about 2 mil gone

But with that

Shingo increase to 2.5 mil

Burhurle is at 6

Garcia us at 7

Somaybe 40 was a little high, I say around 20-25...12 is way to low of a number.

:huh:  Where do you get those numbers from?

Maggs's 14 mil gone

Jose 5 Mil  gone

Alomars about 2 mil gone

Schoenweiss about 2 mil gone

But with that

Shingo increase to 2.5 mil

Burhurle is at 6

Garcia us at 7

Somaybe 40 was a little high, I say around 20-25...12 is way to low of a number.

Contreras $6 mill

Everett $4 mill

Those are figured into the Salary already,  Everett gets a 1 mil increase and Contreas actually is the same as last year since the Spankies picked up the difference.

We are at about 55-57 Mil

Those two salaries are new for 2005. NY picked up only $2 mill of Jose's $8 mill. salary. The sox picked up Carl's 2005 option at $4 mill.

NY picked up 2 mil a year for the remander of the contract

Everett  was included in the 65 mil with his 3mil Salary.. so his 4 mil only increases it by 1 mil

Actually that isn't right. The Sox only had him for under half a year, and even then MTL kicked in for half of his remaining salary. Everett is a net $3 million for next years payroll.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/MLB/Mon.../489636-cp.html