What kind of money does Renteria expect?

knightni

Anthrax .... Just taking a glance at that list you linked up, that has to be 2004 opening day salary or Magglio would not not be on the list. Not trying to be a smartass here in any way, shape or form. I think Thomas' 2005 salary is $8 mill of the top of my head, too. If this is the case, then several players' salries will be higher than what is listed. Just a thought.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st off Garland should not make 3mil. If he does, I think the players Union should be shot.

2ndly, I forgot about Thomas BS player option,  only one more year  :headbang

3rd I was thinking of increases, but with the players we lost I still figure we are around the 55-57 mil range in Salary 

4th Yasny,  :cheers

:cheers .... OK. Cool. Let's keep the insults to a minimum from now on and discuss thing like two reasonable Sox fans. Deal?

okay I was wrong we only have 35.5 Million to spend, if KW lets the payroll go to 75mil

But if we can trade away Pauly's 8 mil a year. More cash to spend

Thanks for the welcome, I be sure to bring knoweldge to the board something that you seem to be lacking!  :D

The Sox payroll currently sits very high. Just to give some of the big names:

Lee

Konerko

Thomas

Everett

Thats 22 million between them

Jose Contreras

Mark Buehrle

Freddy Garcia

Jon Garland (figuring 4 million)

Thats 24 million between them

That alone puts the Sox at 46 million.

Then you have the bullpen with Shingo/Marte/Politte combining to make 5 million

New Total 51 million

Then you have all the other players who are going to get raises. If the rest of the roster guys average 750 K (a realistic assumption) you get 10.5 extra million (of course some of those roster spots will be filled by FA/trades which will cost more).

That puts the Sox payroll at 61.5 million and its probably a little higher then that in all honesty at this point.

This means if the Sox payroll is at 75 million they have 14 million to spend (based on my very leniant numbers).

okay I was wrong we only have 35.5 Million to spend, if KW lets the payroll go to 75mil

But if we can trade away Pauly's 8 mil a year. More cash to spend

Thanks for the welcome, I be sure to bring knoweldge to the board something that you seem to be lacking!  :D

You're off to a roaring start.

Cough...Cough...

RussTrollGerman.JPG

;)

According to the numbers i have been keeping over the last year, if the Sox bring back Ben Davis, Juan Uribe, Joe Crede, Aaron Rowand, Timo Perez, Joe Borchard (or a minor leage replacment), Ross Gload, Willie Harris, and all their pitchers, the team has ABOUT $$63,000,000 tied up for next season. Now, I havent factored in raises in contracts due to arbitration or experience. Assuming the Sox DONT trade Konerko or Lee, that leaves us about $5 million to sign a SS, Reliever, and Starting Pitcher.

If the Sox are willing to spend $75 million, then we have an extra 5 million to work with. Now, with that being said, the Sox could find a way to back load the contract of a signed player to compensate for not having a lot of money available this year. If the Sox dont trade Konerko, he will be a free agent and so will Carl Everett. THat frees up over $13 million in 2005.

We also have to Figure on Alex E salary as well,

YASNY, I was very wrong about the 40mil.. I seriously think I pull that out of my arse.

I made a mistake earlier in this thread. So it's cool. Just don't be so quick to think you have an arguement won or to refer to someone else's lack of knowledge. You kind of set me off this morning, and that's my fault for letting that happen. :cheers

According to the numbers i have been keeping over the last year, if the Sox bring back Ben Davis, Juan Uribe, Joe Crede, Aaron Rowand, Timo Perez, Joe Borchard (or a minor leage replacment), Ross Gload, Willie Harris, and all their pitchers, the team has ABOUT $$63,000,000 tied up for next season. Now, I havent factored in raises in contracts due to arbitration or experience. Assuming the Sox DONT trade Konerko or Lee, that leaves us about $5 million to sign a SS, Reliever, and Starting Pitcher.

If the Sox are willing to spend $75 million, then we have an extra 5 million to work with. Now, with that being said, the Sox could find a way to back load the contract of a signed player to compensate for not having a lot of money available this year. If the Sox dont trade Konerko, he will be a free agent and so will Carl Everett.  THat frees up over $13 million in 2005.

Lee, Konerko, Shingo, Everett, and quite possibly, Frank Thomas, are FA EOE '05. That's $31+ M that is off the payroll.

:huh:  Someone who hits .330 is a thief?  Don't you mean Thomas and Everett?

LMAO .... I see it as Renteria having the same OBP last year as Uribe. Earlier I said he wasn't worth 8 million, so I damn sure don't think he's worth 10. Let's just agree to disagree on this. Neither one of us will convince the other.

LMAO .... I see it as Renteria having the same OBP last year as Uribe.  Earlier I said he wasn't worth 8 million, so I damn sure don't think he's worth 10.  Let's just agree to disagree on this.  Neither one of us will convince the other.

I was jsut about to say the same thing.. we are arguing knowing that I am right.. :P

WE can agree that , Renteria would be a good fit here.. and had one bad year! :P

:cheers

:huh:  Someone who hits .330 is a thief?  Don't you mean Thomas and Everett?

You are acting like he consistantly hits .330, only three times in his career has he hit .300. These are his career numbers.

Years G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS

8 162 615 92 178 33 2 10 71 54 84 30 11 .289 .346 .400 .746

Only thing about his numbers that are some what exciting are his stolen base numbers. He has only stolen thirty or more bases once in the last five years so it seems like he is not quite the same base stealer he once was. Also please do not give me ''but he is great at defense'' because he is 12th in range factor and and 9th in zone rating.

Bump.

Can someone please tell me why renteria is worth ten million dollars per season.

IMO he's not. I actually love Edgar too, one of my favorite players but he's not worth anything near 10 million dollars, I'd definitely use that money to go after pitching or a different position player.