Knicks "Sweeten" Curry offer

If this is what you call sweeten:

Knicks GM Isiah Thomas has added Michael Sweetney—previously thought to be off limits—into ongoing trade talks with John Paxson regarding Eddie Curry. Thomas has been in touch with Curry's representatives to gauge their client's interest in playing in New York.

I would also be all for that deal...

Sweetney is basically a Elton Brand Jr. type...he rebounds and actually has a few post moves something the baby bulls may never learn.

If you watched any of last nights game...Curry with his 4 points, 2 rebounds, 7 turnovers and 4 fouls in 17 minutes...how can anyone be much worse???

If Isiah is talking to Curry's people about playing for them next year or whenever, isn't that tampering?

sometimes when negotiations for trades get into the advance stages, or even early stages, teams will let representatives talk to the players agents about long-term deals because they want to have assurance of signing someone for a long-term contract. If they aren't allowed to talk deals wouldn't go thorugh.

I'd rather keep Curry and let his value raise if we are only going to get Sweetney. Curry has more talent than any of these guys, it's a matter of him applying it consistently. I know, I know, you've heard this before. My point is that his value can get no lower. Might as well just wait and see if Curry can improve his stock. You never sell the low.

I'd rather keep Curry and let his value raise if we are only going to get Sweetney. Curry has more talent than any of these guys, it's a matter of him applying it consistently. I know, I know, you've heard this before. My point is that his value can get no lower. Might as well just wait and see if Curry can improve his stock. You never sell the low.

I agree. You guys gettin hype over Sweetney and Wilcox? They wouldn't help us win games anymore than Curry has. I'd rather wait and see how high Curry's stock can rise.

No, Wilcox is already performing at a good level and he has the athletic ability to perform at a great level. Putting up 16 bounds a game or so with the Clips as their starting center.

He's going to be one of the better PF's in the game. Of course the Clips also have Kaman so I don't know how exactly a deal with the Bulls would work out, but having Kaman and Curry would be a nice option for the Clippers.

No, Wilcox is already performing at a good level and he has the athletic ability to perform at a great level.  Putting up 16 bounds a game or so with the Clips as their starting center. 

He's going to be one of the better PF's in the game.  Of course the Clips also have Kaman so I don't know how exactly a deal with the Bulls would work out, but having Kaman and Curry would be a nice option for the Clippers.

He is putting up nearly 17 points per game and nearly 8 rebounds per game.

What would we do with Chandler? Might he move to center, have Wilcox or Sweetney play PF, Deng @ SF, and Hinrich and Gordon at Guard?

Yes, chandler would move to center. He does not have enough talent to hang with most of the power forwards in the league imo. He would have a nice edge speed wise on practically every center in the league.

I think that if you can get a Sweetney or a Wilcox you do it.

I still think Eddy is going to be a force in this league... but im convinced it's not going to be as a bull.

C-Chandler

PF-Sweetney

SF-Nocioni

SG-someone until Ben Gordon get his head out his ass

PG-Kirk

that line-up can win 30 games this year.