The Official Metal Gear Thread

BobDylan

Any Metal Gear fans?

I picked the game up on Wednesday, when it came out. I'm playing on hard mode, so there is no radar. There is a radar for the other modes, but it is battery operated, so you can lose its power.

I haven't played it a lot, but so far it's more movie than game. It's a little annoying, but from all the reviews I've read, it pays off.

The jungle and Cold War aspect of the game is cool. So far it's harder than the previous two Solid games and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Anyone else pick the game up?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus its cool how you have to make Snake eat to survive. Plus no more heal packs due to the need to feed. This game looks to be the best one yet. Also looks great when you get to sneak up behind the enemy and get to slice their necks, use them as shields or slam them down by their necks.

I remember beating the original game on the Playstation.  That's my favorite game ever, anyone remember the part where you can beat the psychic boss by putting your controller in the other outlet. :headbang

Holy crap. I fought Psycho Mantis for HOURS and only hit him a few times. Then I read online to switch the controller outlet and I bet him within minutes. Do you, or anyone know the real way to beat him?

Holy crap. I fought Psycho Mantis for HOURS and only hit him a few times. Then I read online to switch the controller outlet and I bet him within minutes. Do you, or anyone know the real way to beat him?

I think that might be it because I sure as hell couldn't beat him any other way. Lol Psycho Mantis, what kinda name is that. I also loved that sniper battle.

What a game!

That is the real way to beat him. Once you change over you can really f*** his s*** up. Just remember to duck when he starts throwing wall paintings at you.

I think that might be it because I sure as hell couldn't beat him any other way.  Lol Psycho Mantis, what kinda name is that.  I also loved that sniper battle.

What a game!

Which one? There were 2 sniper battles, both of which kicked major ass.

I used the Remote Control missiles on Sniper wolf the second time and totally f***ed her s*** up.

Which one?  There were 2 sniper battles, both of which kicked major ass.

I used the Remote Control missiles on Sniper wolf the second time and totally f***ed her s*** up.

I only remember one but it was against Sniper Wolf. I think it was outside with her on the side of some building.

I remember beating the original game on the Playstation.  That's my favorite game ever, anyone remember the part where you can beat the psychic boss by putting your controller in the other outlet. :headbang

The original was on Nintendo hahah.

But yeah, anyways. I plan to pick it up when I get home for Thanksgiving break tomorrow. I beat the first two so many times. I remember beating the first one a ton, getting the stealth camo, the tuxedo and the bandana for unlimited ammo. I was addicted to that thing for a while. T

he second one was good but a bit of a disappointment in my eyes because I thought Rayden sucked major ass. I wanted to play as Snake, not some sissy that had no clue. Then I got confused for a while with the Patriots and stuff but eventually figured most of it out. Also enjoyed in the second game where Snake called himself Plisken, little Escape from New York reference that made me laugh.

I have been waiting for the third one for a long time. Can't wait to pick it up when I get home and try it. I hear you can interrogate guys and the like as well.

I only remember one but it was against Sniper Wolf.  I think it was outside with her on the side of some building.

That was the 1st time you face her, then you get captured right afterward.

The second time is toward the end of the game when you're running back into an open area from inside a building and the sniper shot goes off, then that little pussy Otacon cries like a b**** when you kill her.

That was the 1st time you face her, then you get captured right afterward.

The second time is toward the end of the game when you're running back into an open area from inside a building and the sniper shot goes off, then that little pussy Otacon cries like a b**** when you kill her.

Haha, yeah. I remember that part well. And then Snake tells Otacon how there is no place for feelings on the battlefield and Otacon whines about how he loved her and all that. I loved how Snake was so cold and distant but he could still give a nice moral lesson :D

The original was on Nintendo hahah. 

But yeah, anyways.  I plan to pick it up when I get home for Thanksgiving break tomorrow.  I beat the first two so many times.  I remember beating the first one a ton, getting the stealth camo, the tuxedo and the bandana for unlimited ammo.  I was addicted to that thing for a while.  T

he second one was good but a bit of a disappointment in my eyes because I thought Rayden sucked major ass.  I wanted to play as Snake, not some sissy that had no clue.  Then I got confused for a while with the Patriots and stuff but eventually figured most of it out.  Also enjoyed in the second game where Snake called himself Plisken, little Escape from New York reference that made me laugh.

I have been waiting for the third one for a long time.  Can't wait to pick it up when I get home and try it.  I hear you can interrogate guys and the like as well.

Actually, I think the original Metal Gear Solid was for Playstation. I think Metal Gear was for Nintendo. I could be wrong, however.

he second one was good but a bit of a disappointment in my eyes because I thought Rayden sucked major ass.  I wanted to play as Snake, not some sissy that had no clue.  Then I got confused for a while with the Patriots and stuff but eventually figured most of it out.  Also enjoyed in the second game where Snake called himself Plisken, little Escape from New York reference that made me laugh.

It's the La-Lie-Liu-Lae-Lo damnit. ;)

:lolhitting

You always come outta nowhere with this stuff Dbaho  :notworthy

The part about MGS2 that tripped me out big time when I first played through it was near the end when you're walking butt ass naked through the long tunnel then you have to fight your way through all the dudes inside Arsenal Gear and Col Campbell starts tripping out on the radio and seems like the whole game goes nuts. That totally blew my mind the first time through, I had been playing for like 8 hours straight and I thought the console was overheating or something.

:lol: