The Official Metal Gear Thread

BobDylan

The part about MGS2 that tripped me out big time when I first played through it was near the end when you're walking butt ass naked through the long tunnel then you have to fight your way through all the dudes inside Arsenal Gear and Col Campbell starts tripping out on the radio and seems like the whole game goes nuts.  That totally blew my mind the first time through, I had been playing for like 8 hours straight and I thought the console was overheating or something.

:lol:

That was freakin me out also. I was like what the f***..... I almost pressed reset on my PS2 without saving. Eeep. :huh:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha...i reserved the game...and it was supposed to be in tuesday..but some places had it come in wednesday. The place where i lived had it come in on friday. I am so pissed. I should have the game since tuesday...but i'm going to have to pick it up later today. Damn Peoria Gamestop...I've reserved Gran Turismo 4 and i hope nothing like this happens when it comes out. :angry:

The best part of Sons of Liberty was when you played as snake on the oil tanker. Great part of the game....that i've played over and over...but haven't played the oil rig section with Raiden that much. Better to have MGS4 mainly with snake...cuz putting Raiden as the main character through it all would be a real big mistake, but i'd still get it. :P

The best part of Sons of Liberty was when you played as snake on the oil tanker.  Great  part of the game....that i've played over and over...but haven't played the oil rig section with Raiden that much.  Better to have MGS4 mainly with snake...cuz putting Raiden as the main character through it all would be a real big mistake, but i'd still get it. :P

The part I am at is the part were you take the pictures of the Metal Gear! :lolhitting

You got a long way to go to beat the game.... :bang

That is the last thing you do on that part....then it goes two years later...and play as Raiden(how fun)

Wait, I have got past that part...because I remember playing as Raiden...

hmm.

i love metal gear. i love half life.

i want them both. which should i save until christmas? i need something for over the thanksgiving weekend.

Well, if I was in your situation I would get Half Life because I haven't even beat MGS:2 yet...but, since it is your decision, you decide...MGS:3 is tight from what I heard and if you are a big fan of it, get it...

The best part of Sons of Liberty was when you played as snake on the oil tanker.  Great  part of the game....that i've played over and over...but haven't played the oil rig section with Raiden that much.  Better to have MGS4 mainly with snake...cuz putting Raiden as the main character through it all would be a real big mistake, but i'd still get it. :P

One of the most badass parts in that whole game was when you have the shootout with the Russian commandos in the hallway leading to the tanker holds. You talk about intense! WOW!

My 2 other fav parts are as follows.

Fighting the Vamp the 1st time: All you gotta do is use the grenade launcher on him when he jumps out of the water or set up claymore mines in the walkway. I just love the look on his stupid face when he hits one......OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

After you rescue Otacons sister she gets really annoying so I drag her around for a while then blow her up with remote missiles or shoot her with the M4. Hearing her scream and listening to Otacon b**** about hurting his sister makes all that annoyance worth it even if you have to continue the game.

Sons Of liberty was a good game with too much of a outrageous story for my taste.

Raiden was a pussy.

Wouldn't it be funny if they brought Raiden back in MGS4 as the bad guy Snake would need to fight, and it had something to do with the Patriots. :huh:

Snake is getting old though.  He might not be around for the next sneaking mission except for a support role.

You wouldn't bring back Raiden as the main character though would you. I'm sure I've heard Hideo Kojima or whatever his name is that Raiden was only a 1 time thing.

You wouldn't bring back Raiden as the main character though would you. I'm sure I've heard Hideo Kojima or whatever his name is that Raiden was only a 1 time thing.

I sure hope so. He was a total puss. I wonder where they might take the whole Metal Gear thing next though. I mean he really f***ed some s*** up destroying Arsenal Gear.