The Official Metal Gear Thread

BobDylan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the last fight....not telling...cuz don't want to spoil it...but if someone else has made as far or has beat it i'll take comments on it. I think this will get PS2 game of the year....some unreal moments in the game, but that is what MGS is and it is what makes the game IMO. Great effects...easier story to comprehend...great story.... Game gets a 10 out of 10 from me.

I'm on the last fight....not telling...cuz don't want to spoil it...but if someone else has made as far or has beat it i'll take comments on it.  I think this will get PS2 game of the year....some unreal moments in the game, but that is what MGS is and it is what makes the game IMO.  Great effects...easier story to comprehend...great story....  Game gets a 10 out of 10 from me.

5 words.....

Grand

Theft

Auto

San

Andreas

I just finished the game, and to say this simply, the game was unf***ingbelievable. It gets a 10/10 in my book.

I reccomend to people that have played and beat the first two Metal Gear Solid games to play this one on hard mode. It's more of a challenge and just overall more fun on hard. You'll die more and get frustrated more, but hell, who wants to coast through? I watch my roommates play on normal and they beat bosses on their first try with no strategy because a couple of bullets knock half of the bosses life off. It ain't like that on hard mode.

Even to new players, give it a shot on hard. It's a much more enjoyable time.

And I can't wait for Metal Gear Solid 4!

I just finished the game, and to say this simply, the game was unf***ingbelievable. It gets a 10/10 in my book.

I reccomend to people that have played and beat the first two Metal Gear Solid games to play this one on hard mode. It's more of a challenge and just overall more fun on hard. You'll die more and get frustrated more, but hell, who wants to coast through? I watch my roommates play on normal and they beat bosses on their first try with no strategy because a couple of bullets knock half of the bosses life off. It ain't like that on hard mode.

Even to new players, give it a shot on hard. It's a much more enjoyable time.

And I can't wait for Metal Gear Solid 4!

I've beaten the 1st 2 already but I'm thinking about playing through all 3 Metal Gear Solid games in a row.........no matter how long it takes!!!!

/Goes on vacation starting Tuesday WOOT!

I've beaten the 1st 2 already but I'm thinking about playing through all 3 Metal Gear Solid games in a row.........no matter how long it takes!!!!

/Goes on vacation starting Tuesday  WOOT!

Oddly enough, from a story standpoint, it'd make sense to play the third one first, then the first and second. From a gameplay standpoint, it makes no sense at all...the third one is the hardest.

• 2 weeks later...
*BUMP*

I just beat the game last night and it wasn't quite as hard as I thought.

The very last boss "The Boss" was the toughest but I nailed her sorry ass on the 3rd try.

Anyone else take this one down yet?

What level of difficulty did you play the game on?

The Boss was the toughest until you figure her out. The End was tough just because it was hard to find him. I beat him with the tranquilizer, to get his gun and camo, did anyone else?

What level of difficulty did you play the game on?

The Boss was the toughest until you figure her out. The End was tough just because it was hard to find him. I beat him with the tranquilizer, to get his gun and camo, did anyone else?

I played on "normal".

The end I was able to nail on my 3rd try cause I just sat between a bunch of sniping points in the valley with the directional mic and when he showed up I got in behind him and took him down with the Dragonov sniper rifle.

The Boss wasn't too bad. I put on my snow camo and hung around the opposits side of the flowerbed & gave her 2 taps on the head with the Dragonov whenever she peeked out from behind a tree. She's just a b**** when she finds out where you are and runs you down.