RJ

thelatinoheat_30

I could see us sending over pauly and say a Double A pitcher, the Yankees throw in Lofton and another prospect to get Johnson..

We Get Vazquez

Rotation

Gracia

marky

Vazquez

Contreas

Garland

When your number 5 guy can get you 12 wins.. whats not to like?

But personally I want Diaz as the #5 what dos he have left to prove in Triple-A?

Diaz sure didn't look like a starting pitcher to me. It takes more than two pitches to be an effective starter.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts...

-Giving up Anderson is a bad move. Its a real bad move.

BUT

-And the White Sox welcome...Randy Johnson!

-Are you kidding me? Its the Big Unit guys!

I was thinking about this last night. Sportscenter opened with a story on the University of South Carolina. I'll let that sink in for a moment...South Carolina. When Spurrier decided to take the program after Holtz, that instantly put the Gamecocks on the map. They actually opened up Sportscenter.

Could you imagine what Randy Johnson could do for this ballclub. It would be along the lines up Shaq going to Miami. We would be a national prescence, something we haven't been in quite a long time. The PR would go through the roof! Everyone would be talking about us as contenders. That sort of vibe is invalubale.

You have my blessings Kenny. Would you do something to win now? "Yes." Would you do something to jeapordize the future? "Yes." Well, its one of those times.

AddisonStSox, here is my only problem with your theory at some point we are going to have to stop giving up our youth for trying to make it to the big dance, and failing..Maybe its time to rethink KW as the GM, yeah he makes some great moves.. Colon, Marte, but then there are plenty that make you go :puke ...

1st time fot Everett comes to mind.

As Much as I think everyone would love to see RJ here, you have to think down the line too, and I don't like the way we look, yeah I would like to Win it all in 04 but not at the cost of winning in the near furture.

AddisonStSox, here is my only problem with your theory at some point we are going to have to stop giving up our youth for trying to make it to the big dance, and failing..Maybe its time to rethink KW as the GM, yeah he makes some great moves.. Colon, Marte, but then there are plenty that make you go  :puke ...

As Much as I think everyone would love to see RJ here, you have to think down the line too, and I don't like the way we look, yeah I would like to Win it all in 04 but not at the cost of winning in the near furture.

I disagree with that. I just want to win it all. Do whatever it takes. None of us have seen a World Series champion from this team and very few if any were around when they made the Series last.

Go out and win no matter what it does to the future.

And there is nothing wrong with that.. Vazquez is signed the next 3 years..for pennies at that. And talk about a Great # 2 in your 3 hole..

in the words the best men on the planet

BRILLANT.. WHAT ELSE YOU WORKING ON!

Pennies? :unsure:

He signed a 4 year $45 million deal when he was traded to the Yanks.

AddisonStSox, here is my only problem with your theory at some point we are going to have to stop giving up our youth for trying to make it to the big dance, and failing..Maybe its time to rethink KW as the GM, yeah he makes some great moves.. Colon, Marte, but then there are plenty that make you go  :puke ...

How was that first Carl Everett trade bad?

We traded three prospects for an All-Star and CASH.

Two of the them are still in the minors, and the other one tossed a chair at a fan.

How was that first Carl Everett trade bad?

We traded three prospects for an All-Star and CASH.

Two of the them are still in the minors, and the other one tossed a chair at a fan.

What were we looking for all last year??? A closer, and what did we give up to the Rangers???

A Closer

I still confused on how Carla got to the All-Star game in '03, knowing Thomas should have been there.

EDIT.. for some reason I thought we gave the Rangers Cordero..who did we give up in the Everett trade?

What were we looking for all last year??? A closer, and what did we give up to the Rangers???

A Closer

I still confused on how Carla got to the All-Star game in '03, knowing Thomas should have been there.

EDIT.. for some reason I thought we gave the Rangers Cordero..who did we give up in the Everett trade?

Frankie Francisco is not the closer for the Texas Rangers, Francisco Cordero is.

And if you think we would've given Frankie a shot at the Closer's role before Shingo, or Marte, you're either nuts, or yet another 14 year old poster.

The Sox needed his bat back in 2003, there's no point in playing the "hindsight 20/20" game.

Frankie Francisco is not the closer for the Texas Rangers, Francisco Cordero is.

And if you think we would've given Frankie a shot at the Closer's role before Shingo, or Marte, you're either nuts, or yet another 14 year old poster.

The Sox needed his bat back in 2003, there's no point in playing the "hindsight 20/20" game.

Without hindsight, some people would have nothing to say.

Anyone have any inside info on Randy Johnson, like his email address?  We could always try getting him to come here, ala Curt Schilling...

This might be a start.

On Wednesday morning, Jerry Reinsdorf told Mike North on the Score that his neighbor in Phoenix, Randy Johnson, brought his kids trick-or-treating to Reinsdorf's house.

Replied North: "I hope you dropped a pile of money in his bag.''

Neighbor? :huh