On the Waterfront

Soxy

So, after years of my dad talking about this movie I finally watched it.

Oh my goodness. It was seriously one of the best movies I have ever seen. How, how, how did I live 22 years without seeing it. Wow. So good.

Although all the talk about inside jobs and corruption made me soooooo homesick for Chicago.

If you haven't seen this movie, see it.

Watched it for my Crises of Political Tolerance class when we were discussing Kazan's decision to name names to the House Un-American Activities Committee. Very good film -- but it was such a bad allegory for him (He tried to identify himself with Brando's character saying that his naming names was the same as ratting out the leaders of the union)

Jim,  thats a kickass avatar you got there.

:headbang

Thanks. :D

I actually have amassed a little collection of GWB giving the one-fingered salute. Most of them are pre-roll newspool, cutting room floor things, but this one with the flag in it seems to kind of sum things up attitude-wise.

'Course, we all have different opinions on whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. I kind of picture him striking that world-defying pose at the podium in front of the UN.

And again, we all have different opinions on the merits of that. Still, it seems more frat boy than presidential to me.