Kyle Farnsworth

hogan873

I just heard Bruce Levine say, in a recording, that the Sox may approach the Cubs about the availability of Kyle Farnsworth. What does anybody think about this? I don't think it's necessarily exciting, but if the Sox don't give up much, i.e. almost nothing, it might not be a bad deal. Let's just hope that, if a deal does go down, that he can remain healthy and throw the ball in the upper 90's like he's capable.

Most everyone I know who is a Cubs fan said that they could not figure out why Farns kept continuosly going to a breaking ball. He's almost unhittable with high heat, and yet the breaking ball which he threw a lot is what constantly killed him. I agree, "BY FAR", that we don't need another head case. But you wonder, could he help us if "Issues" were taken care of?

No friggin way. The guy's a headcase, and the last thing this team needs is another headcase.  He also gets worse as the level of pressure goes up.

He also left that last Cubs game early the same day Sammy did, but nobody paid attention to it.

Actually he was more then likely asked to leave...

Seriously though I might take him if he came really cheap. The cubs would have to pay his salary for this year and only want some mid-level prospects. Low risk, High reward.

Most everyone I know who is a Cubs fan said that they could not figure out why Farns kept continuosly going to a breaking ball. He's almost unhittable with high heat, and yet the breaking ball which he threw a lot is what constantly killed him. I agree, "BY FAR", that we don't need another head case. But you wonder, could he help us if "Issues" were taken care of?

Was it Farnsworth who threw that glorious fastball that Javier Valentin of the Cincinnati Reds smoked for a double? That game late in the year where the Reds beat the Cubs 2-1 in 12 innings?

Farnsworth has talent but he's immature IMO. That's a problem. The Sox need more leadership and less immaturity.

Was it Farnsworth who threw that glorious fastball that Javier Valentin of the Cincinnati Reds smoked for a double?  That game late in the year where the Reds beat the Cubs 2-1 in 12 innings?

Farnsworth has talent but he's immature IMO.  That's a problem.  The Sox need more leadership and less immaturity.

Hence their feigned interest in RJ. They wont get him though.

Actually he was more then likely asked to leave...

Seriously though I might take him if he came really cheap. The cubs would have to pay his salary for this year and only want some mid-level prospects. Low risk, High reward.

He did ask to leave. He asked the man in charge of the franchise and got permission.

Sosa said it was OK.

See, I disagree. I watch a fair amount of Cubs games ( my wife's a huge Cub fan and I was a big Stone fan ) and he seems to be MORE effective when his slider's working. When he panics he throws a straight flat fastball and that seems to be when he gets in trouble. It's just when the fastball's missing that he loses his composure and then nothing works for him.

I don't know if he's "fixable" on a consistent basis. I think he's always gonna be a "hot-and-cold" kind of guy, not reliable at all. Plus he's retarded. And that doesn't help.

Ugh'

I've harassed this guy so bad in the past. All my Cub friends know how I feel about him...if we got him, I'd never live it down.

Besides, the Cubs aren't going to give him away for "almost nothing." He throws a wicked fastball in the mid-90s...you don't exactly give that away.