Kyle Farnsworth

hogan873

Why dont we ask the Flubbs to package Borowski in with him and take all their loony bullpen people off their hands for em?

We have a looney manager who may be in need of more loonies. Let's get all the loonies available out there and they will be eternally loonie together. :P

I just hope we are not so loonie that we give up real talent for castoffs. It seems we have been relegated to picking up second tier players recovering from arm injuries and hoping we have a gem. It's just loonie I tell you! :D :lol: :bang

I just heard Bruce Levine say, in a recording, that the Sox may approach the Cubs about the availability of Kyle Farnsworth.  What does anybody think about this?  I don't think it's necessarily exciting, but if the Sox don't give up much, i.e. almost nothing, it might not be a bad deal.  Let's just hope that, if a deal does go down, that he can remain healthy and throw the ball in the upper 90's like he's capable.

Could be the case that Farnsworth needs a change of Sceanery. Even tho he would in Chicago he would be out of Wrugley field

We have a looney manager who may be in need of more loonies. Let's get all the loonies available out there and they will be eternally loonie together.  :P

I just hope we are not so loonie that we give up real talent for castoffs. It seems we have been relegated to picking up second tier players recovering from arm injuries and hoping we have a gem. It's just loonie I tell you!  :D  :lol:  :bang

What do Canadians have to do with the Sox? :huh:

I am pretty sure that Scho is a FA.

Is he? He isn't listed in their free agent players. I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he is going to be on the non-tendered list. I honestly wouldn't mind him back in the pen next season, but I think he wants to start. Injuries killed what could have been a good season for him, IMO.

Farnsworth isn't a headcase, he's a drunk, and those late nights of his kill him during day games. Take a look at his day night splits

day era 6.25

night era 2.39

At night he is clearly a different guy (maybe cause he slept it off?) This guy doesn't need a change of scenery he needs a schedule change

To the cubs he is worthless because most of their games are during the day, and his trade value has never been lower

if the sox can get hendry to deal with them he would be a perfect fit I think, well as long as he doesn't pitch during the day

Farnsworth isn't a headcase, he's a drunk, and those late nights of his kill him during day games. Take a look at his day night splits

day era 6.25

night era 2.39

At night he is clearly a different guy (maybe cause he slept it off?) This guy doesn't need a change of scenery he needs a schedule change

To the cubs he is worthless because most of their games are during the day, and his trade value has never been lower

if the sox can get hendry to deal with them he would be a perfect fit I think, well as long as he doesn't pitch during the day

unless you honestly know hes a drunk, i wouldnt accuse him of it

unless you honestly know hes a drunk, i wouldnt accuse him of it

There was an article in the trib late in 2003 about his problem with alcohol and how he beat it and what not. Not to mention many a rumour that ran around wrigley about him starting to drink again this year. Is he a drunk? I don't know for sure but I guess I'd rather be a headcase :D

interesting theory..

His three-year splits aren't nearly as dramatic though...

Day -- 5.07ERA in 108IP

Night --4.43ERA in 81IP

I remember an interview George Brett did like ten years ago about how he would have never been a hall of famer if he played for the cubs. He said those day games would have come way too early for him, he also said something about how some guys who struggle there usually go on to better carreers just for that reason.

I happen to believe this is what is causing Farnsworth to struggle.

Also during that three year span, 2003 was the year that the tribune trupetted his beating alcoholism, that year his day night splits were opposite 2.44 for day and 4.77 for night. 2002 was just bad

however his k\9 bb\9 hr were all considerably better during that 3 year span specifically last year