Valentin to the Twins?

Sox1422

Is there a full moon today? :lol:

I thought you were the Buerhle guy, and I was the Thomas guy....

I am a Buehrle guy and I don't buy into the BS that David Wells got him on track.

And he did rip Frank, everyone remembers it clearly.

I am a Buehrle guy and I don't buy into the BS that David Wells got him on track.

And he did rip Frank, everyone remembers it clearly.

If that one statement makes him a club house cancer garland should be considered one for saying that the team did not score enough runs for him when he gave up either 5,6,7 runs.

We should have let him go last year, but NOOOOOOOOOO KW has a hard on for the guy, and we had to shell out 5mil for a guy to hit .220 and lead the team in K's.

KW does not have a hard on for the guy. He has tried to replace him before with Royce Clayton. Did you forget that? KW is all about SS being a defensive position first. He only signed him the that deal last year because there was not a better value at that position. Where do you get that KW has a hard on for Valentin?

After his 03 performance, there was no way you bring a guy back for 5 mil a year.  And your right we didn't know how Uribe was going to be. But, Orlando Cabera wanted out of Montreal and I don't recall ever hearing our name in the mix.. WHy you ask.. simple KW has a hard -on for players who just like to collect checks and not perform at the Major league level

List

Ritche

Everett

ALomar (both of them)

Wells

Among the names I can think of at the time.

Ritchie was not KW's move, it was Schuler's. What is wrong with Carl Everett? THere is nothing wrong with Sandy Alomar if you are not expecting him to be an everyday catcher, which we weren't. What are you? 12 years old? allot = a lot! Damnit!

At this risk of making a stupid post, does anybody think

Jose's low average this year was cause we were out of

the race the whole second half because of the injuries

and he was going for only home runs?

The guy did whack a lot of homers. His defense wasn't

totally horrific. All he did was not hit for average.

I'm just saying the guy was not totally unproductive

as a Sox.

The guy whacked 30 home runs.

He is no Royce Clayton who single handedly ruined

that one season.

as a Sox.

that one season.

To be perfectly blunt its because he sucks and he's a selfish asshole who swings for the fences every single at bat. The guy can't hit the curve (I think teams finally must of stumbled on this board cause for the past 3 years I have constantly b****ed to the fact that all another team would have to do his throw him a curveball eveyr pitch and he would be lucky to make contact).

I guess advanced scouts are just a little slow, but they finally figured it out this year. Of course some teams still gave him a fastball and thats one thing Jose can really rip.

as a Sox.

that one season.

Jose always swung hard -- his k rate was higher this year than before, but it's not like we're looking at a different player.

I think one factor that people should consider is that Jose made it an objective this year to hit lhp better, and he spent time learning how to hit lhp as a lhb. And the thing is, he succeeded at that -- his ba against lhp over the last 3 seasons, .152/.130/.191. His obp, .204/.190/.262. His slg, .261/.196/.404. Each one of those 2004 numbers is a vast improvement. (And it's not like this is due to a small sample size -- Jose hit lhp a LOT this year, more often than PK and Carlos as a % of total abs.)

Putting time into improving against lhp means less time spent working on other areas of your game. And since everyone faces more rhp than lhp, anyway, his slumping avg against rhp (.226, vs about .260 each of the last 2 seasons) dragged his overall numbers down. I'm not sure Jose is finished, as much as I'm certain he picked exactly the wrong year to work on his weakness against lhp.

We should have let him go last year, but NOOOOOOOOOO KW has a hard on for the guy, and we had to shell out 5mil for a guy to hit .220 and lead the team in K's.

I'd like to see Jose V come back here and play next year with the Sox. What I see us doing is screwing around and ending up with a .180 punch and judy hitter with average defense and saying that we gave him seasoning for a run at it in '06.

Just wanted to chime in and say my baseball source in Minny just told me the talks with Jose have just been "taken to the next level." I'm not sure what that means just yet...but it looks like Jose may be a twinkie in the not too distant future.

They plan on using him as the DH, but also like the possibility that he can fill in nicely at SS when needed. He thinks that Jose will have a fair amount of starts at SS as well.