Career Comebacks

babybearhater

I saw on ESPN today that Mo Vaughn is attempting a comeback with the mets, and I was thinking to myself, how many ill-attempts at a late comeback have flopped considerably??

Does anyone think Mo Vaughn would make an impact???

I saw that. I know this much, MO Vaugh would not have any impact or benefit to the Sox. We don't need another DH only type player.

Sure, Mo Vaughn would make an impact.

If he fell out of a plane without a parachute and made a crater in the sidewalk with his fat ass. That would definitely be an impact. :lol:

Vaughn is done, ala Albert Belle.

And on a related note, Fred Manrique has decided to come out of retirement. He realized he could still compete and the White Sox approached him about being their 2nd baseman. Other 2b's to be offered minor league contracts are Scott Fletcher, Steve Sax and Vance Law, who said he would be willing to move to 2b if it would help the Sox.

Why wouldn't a team offer MO Vaughn a workout or a non-roster invitation to srping training? The upside is too good and the risk is nil.

You're right about the risk being nil...but he's long past his prime...he has no cartilage in his knee and couldn't play t he field to save his life...he has no upside anymore.

You're right about the risk being nil...but he's long past his prime...he has no cartilage in his knee and couldn't play t he field to save his life...he has no upside anymore.

He might be a fan draw. I might buy a ticket just to see him play for a team I usually wouldn't watch.

Mo Vaughn filed for free agency last week to clear himself off The Mets books for 2005.

They had to of bought him out for the two million because there was a 14 million dollar team option.

I was looking at your profile and when did thomas get his 3,000th hit?

I saw on ESPN today that Mo Vaughn is attempting a comeback with the mets, and I was thinking to myself, how many ill-attempts at a late comeback have flopped considerably??

Does anyone think Mo Vaughn would make an impact???

According to this he is only considering a comeback.

''Mo Vaughn is considering a comeback. The former Mets first baseman missed all of last season with an arthritic left knee, but his agent said yesterday that Vaughn is feeling stronger and had asked him to see what opportunities might be available. "He's working out and doing better," Greg Genske said. "He's interested in what options there are." Genske said he had fielded calls from a few clubs and said Vaughn would be a good fit with an American League team, where he could be a designated hitter. The 36-year-old went on the disabled list for the Mets in May of 2003 and announced his retirement last January after doctors told him his knee would keep getting worse.''

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...3p-217758c.html

And on a related note, Fred Manrique has decided to come out of retirement.  He realized he could still compete and the White Sox approached him about being their 2nd baseman.  Other 2b's to be offered minor league contracts are Scott Fletcher, Steve Sax and Vance Law, who said he would be willing to move to 2b if it would help the Sox.

:lolhitting

I heard Donnie Hill is gonna comeback too. And Maybe even Tim Hullett