Jose Guillen to Washington

Mr. Showtime

I assume this is the big announcement that the Angels have..

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3177746

The Expos have made their third significant acquisition of the week, acquiring outfielder Jose Guillen from the Angels for outfielder Juan Rivera and a prospect, The Sporting News has learned.

On Tuesday, the Expos signed free-agent shortstop Cristian Guzman to a four-year, $16.8 million contract and third baseman Vinny Castilla to a two-year, $6.2 million deal.

Guillen, who was suspended by the Angels in the final weeks of the season, will earn $3.5 million next season.

He also had been a target of the Mets.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is good for the RJ aquisition. This eliminates the probability of the Florida -> Yankees -> California trade. Now we just need Sexson to sign somewhere other than AZ and RJ to OK the deal to the Sox.

Smithers.... the plan is coming together.

Angels have good enough prospects to land Johnson. I think this move is going to pave the way for them to make a huge run at Beltran.

One would have to say that this trade happened because of a relationship between Jim Bowden and Guillen starting when they were with the Reds together. I think Bowden is a terrific GM (I don't blame him for the Junior Griffey deal at all). Excellent move and Guillen can be a middle-of-the order hitter as well as a great trading chip come July.

neither KW or Sabean is. Take a look at Omar Minaya. His trades have been MUCH worse thatn KW on a team that has less room for error. Jason Bay, Brandon Phillips, Sizemore, Cliff Lee and others for monthly rentals like Colon and Floyd. I don't know how he got the Mets job.

Omar Minaya brought life to an organization that had none. He absolutely without a doubt had to make those deals. If the Expos went far in the playoffs, hell even if they had made the playoffs, theres a pretty good bet that baseball could have been revived in Montreal.

Your nuts.. He is one of the best in the game, The Giants have a limited payroll much like us, yet were in the playoffs the past 2/3 years..

KW was handed a playoff team only to settle for 2nd place.

Yeah they have a guy named Bonds who pretty much carries that team every year

put Bonds on our team and Ide bet anything wed have been in the playoffs every year the past 4 seasons

Your nuts.. He is one of the best in the game, The Giants have a limited payroll much like us, yet were in the playoffs the past 2/3 years..

The Giants were in the playoffs only because Barry Bonds was on the team. The mere fact that Sabean can't surround Bonds with even respectable players, losing draft picks, and making dumb all around moves, he is the worst GM in baseball in my opinion.

neither KW or Sabean is. Take a look at Omar Minaya. His trades have been MUCH worse thatn KW on a team that has less room for error. Jason Bay, Brandon Phillips, Sizemore, Cliff Lee and others for monthly rentals like Colon and Floyd. I don't know how he got the Mets job.

He never traded Jason Bay...

That's what happens when you have Barry f***ing Bonds.

The Giants had a payroll $20 million higher than the White Sox did last year. That is about 33% higher. . I would hardly call $85 million "limited" as it was the 8th highest payroll in all of baseball.

The Giants were in the playoffs only because Barry Bonds was on the team.  The mere fact that Sabean can't surround Bonds with even respectable players, losing draft picks, and making dumb all around moves, he is the worst GM in baseball in my opinion.

Yes they have Bonds, but how many times does Bonds actually get to hit in a game? Ho wmany Box scores you read where he is walked 4 times?

The other have to produce in order for the Giants to get to the playoffs.

KW, again given a div title winner, and has not done squat with it..

You're absolutely nuts.

Kenny isn't  one of the better GM's in the league, but he's far from the worst.  If you actually want me to go on and tell you these GM's, if I have to, I will...

KW = Worse GM

I'm sure you can read the comments about him and why he is..

He should have been fired the day after he f***ed up the Baldwin deal.