Jose Guillen to Washington

Mr. Showtime

KW = Worse GM

I'm sure you can read the comments about him and why he is..

He should have been fired the day after he f***ed up the Baldwin deal.

Which players have produced from the Sox' 2000 Number One Ranked Farm System? How many, exactly?

It's funny how you think you could do a better job than him -- and by most of your posts thus far, I'm glad you aren't our GM, we'd be lucky to beat the Royals... :rolly

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which players have produced from the Sox' 2000 Number One Ranked Farm System?  How many, exactly?

It's funny how you think you could do a better job than him -- and by most of your posts thus far, I'm glad you aren't our GM, we'd be lucky to beat the Royals...  :rolly

You only wish I was the GM.. We would have won the damn thing already...

But its okay when we get Polanco in here and fail to make the playoffs again.. Boy I can't wait.

For starters we would not be worried about who is playing RF this year... or last year.

You only wish I was the GM.. We would have won the damn thing already...

But its okay when we get Polanco  in here and fail to make the playoffs again.. Boy I can't wait.

For startes we would not be worried about who is playing RF this year... or last year.

Oh god...

What moves would you have made to win it all?

What a joke.

You have no idea how hard it is to GM a team...

Your nuts.. He is one of the best in the game, The Giants have a limited payroll much like us, yet were in the playoffs the past 2/3 years..

KW was handed a playoff team only to settle for 2nd place.

what the f*** are you talking about?

if you honestly think the 2000 team was a playoff team for years to come you're idiot. I could see thinking the team was great at the time, I did as did many, but look back and the team wasn't a playoff team. It wasn't a team Schueler did a great job in building. Everything went right for them that year.

KW has been taking more chances and putting the Sox in great positions to win each and every single year. Clearly, it hasn't worked out, but unlike most GMs in Chicago sports history, he's taken chances and isn't afraid to make mistakes.

I won't be responding to whatever response you have, so feel free to say whatever ignorant thought comes to mind.

They been laughing when KW said I give you 3 prospects fot Todd Ritichie...

The Pitssburgh GM said hold on a min, and proceeded to laugh his ass off at how dumb this guy must be.. and then picked up the phone and said we have a deal..

name those three prospects...

Biggest mistake Kenny could have made was not targetting this kid.  What a bummer.

Not targetting a head case, who was his teams #2 power hitter, but still was kicked off his team in the final month which was fighting to make the playoffs?! It would have been a mistake TO target him, regardless of his talent.

BTW, how many teams has Jose Guillen been on, 7,8? Are all these teams wrong, or are the teams that go after him the ones that are wrong?

Not targetting a head case, who was his teams #2 power hitter, but still was kicked off his team in the final month which was fighting to make the playoffs?! It would have been a mistake TO target him, regardless of his talent.

BTW, how many teams has Jose Guillen been on, 7,8? Are all these teams wrong, or are the teams that go after him the ones that are wrong?

To answer your question, he has been known to be a clubhouse asshole, alot of players are rubbed the wrong way by Guillen, according to reports. I still think he would of been a good player for us to go after, knowing his talent. But I agree with what was said before, I think the angels dumped his 3.5 mill for a serious run at Beltran, I think its going to heat up starting next week

1) Sign Vladdy to play right, its only and extra mil than maggs was getting, and a much better player

For starters

2) traded Magss for a front-line starter

And even if we can do that, we're still like $8 mill over our limit at the very least(and that's me being very, very generous...that would be like signing Vladdy for $15 mill a year, and then subtracting Maggs's $14, and then adding $7 mill for the pitcher we bring in...that equals $8, and odds are, it would have been more then that), which would have meant trading Paully for nothing, which would have left us a hole at 1B, which would have had to have been replaced, which would have cost more money, at which point signing Politte and Shingo is probably thrown out the window and we go with like Diaz, Munoz, Baj, whoever else, at the beginning of the year in the pen, along with maybe Thriller.

Imagine a bullpen that looks like this will you...

Koch - CL

Marte - SU

Adkins - MR

Cotts - MR

Jackson - MR

Diaz - LR

Munoz - LR

And tell me that team wins the division with a straight face.

To answer your question, he has been known to be a clubhouse asshole, alot of players are rubbed the wrong way by Guillen, according to reports.  I still think he would of been a good player for us to go after, knowing his talent.  But I agree with what was said before, I think the angels dumped his 3.5 mill for a serious run at Beltran, I think its going to heat up starting next week

Money is not an issue, they have nearly fourty million to spend this off-season.

The managers he has played for have all been no bulls*** guys. Ozzie is different and I think he could have definitly helped this kid.