Jose Guillen to Washington

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The managers he has played for have all been no bulls*** guys.  Ozzie is different and I think he could have definitly helped this kid.

Blaming 7, 8 managers for mishandling a guy like Jose Guillen sounds like a reach.

I bet Jose was one headache Ozzie didn't want though.

Actually come to think about it, see if we could have traded the METS mags for Reyes and the SP they gave to the Devil Rays..(whose name eldues me)

That solves our SS problem..

You would have to worry about Reyes and his hamstring problems which is why the Mets are trying to trade him. Many in the organization think that these hamstring problems are chronic. That would not be good.

You would have to worry about Reyes and his hamstring problems which is why the Mets are trying to trade him. Many in the organization think that these hamstring problems are chronic. That would not be good.

The mets are not trying to trade him, that is the total opposite of what they want to do with him from everything i have read.

I'm sure I would have to give up a little bit more, but they gave kazmir to the Devil Rays, for nothing..

Kazmir would not have been in the majors with us. No chance in hell. This is an organization that is trying very hard to not rush players to the majors over what has happened to them in the past.

And what hole did we have at SS? Are you referring to the one you just made up right now looking back and realizing that Jose Valentin had a s***ty year? Because you can't do that...that's looking into the future and that is impossible. Remember, with these moves, we are still back in about December of 2003 or January of 2004.

Kazmir would not have been in the majors with us.  No chance in hell.  This is an organization that is trying very hard to not rush players to the majors over what has happened to them in the past.

And what hole did we have at SS?  Are you referring to the one you just made up right now looking back and realizing that Jose Valentin had a s***ty year?  Because you can't do that...that's looking into the future and that is impossible.  Remember, with these moves, we are still back in about December of 2003 or January of 2004.

I said I would not have taken the team option of 5mil on Jose, I stated this b4 and always will his performance in 03 did not warrant a 5 mil kick in.

SO with that being said, I wouldhave tried to aquire Reyes and Kazmir, for Mags.

I said I would not have taken the team option of  5mil on Jose, I stated this b4 and always will his performance in 03 did not warrant a 5 mil kick in.

SO with that being said, I wouldhave tried to aquire Reyes and Kazmir, for Mags.

Why the hell they do that for possibly one year of ordonez?

I said I would not have taken the team option of  5mil on Jose, I stated this b4 and always will his performance in 03 did not warrant a 5 mil kick in.

Ok.

So now instead of having a SS who hits RHP well, plays solid defense, can take a walk, and has some of the best baseball instincts in the game, you want to acquire a guy who has a career OPS of .714 in 494 career ABs?

We're much worse at SS now, due to Reyes's inexperience, his injury proneness, and his inability to hit well, we have a rookie 5th starter who is as good as toast in the majors, and all that just so we can get Vlad over Maggs, who put up comparable numbers, with Vlad's being slightly better?

Yeah probably a good thing you're not GM.

Ok.

So now instead of having a SS who hits RHP well, plays solid defense, can take a walk, and has some of the best baseball instincts in the game, you want to acquire a guy who has a career OPS of .714 in 494 career ABs? 

We're much worse at SS now, due to Reyes's inexperience, his injury proneness, and his inability to hit well, we have a rookie 5th starter who is as good as toast in the majors, and all that just so we can get Vlad over Maggs, who put up comparable numbers, with Vlad's being slightly better?

Yeah probably a good thing you're not GM.

Still don't see the big pitcure do you.. Nope

Mets already did that with one of them by giving away kazmir for V. Zambrano.

They got a player in return with a couple years left, they felt they where in the playoff hunt and thought at the time he was an upgrade over kazmir. What do you not understand? Oh, yes, nothing.

Still don't see the big pitcure do you.. Nope

When most everyone on the board disagrees with you...

Chances are -- in most cases, not all, but most -- that you're wrong. And don't take this as something like all of us are teaming up on you, cause that's not the case.

But you're just flat out wrong, and you're making yourself look really, really bad when saying you can do half the job Kenny has done, and by acting like a pompous jackass.

When most everyone on the board disagrees with you...

Chances are -- in most cases, not all, but most -- that you're wrong.  And don't take this as something like all of us are teaming up on you, cause that's not the case.

But you're just flat out wrong, and you're making yourself look really, really bad when saying you can do half the job Kenny has done, and by acting like a pompous jackass.

Dude a retarded kick on crack picking names out of hat could do a better job then KW.. so by me saying I can do a better job.. is not saying much.

I still can't understand why in the world you people settle for half-ass players that he trades or signs. and get over excited about the tandem of Harris/Uribe. Or the fact he let maggs walk, for nothing and could have had a player 10x better in Vladdy.

Give me 5 reasons why KW should be the GM of this team??? Other than the Colon deal name me 5 deals that have help out this team?

Dude a retarded kick on crack picking names out of hat could  do a better job then KW.. so by me saying I can do a better job.. is not saying much.

I still can't understand why in the world you people settle for half-ass players that he trades or signs. and get over excited about the tandem of Harris/Uribe. Or the fact he let maggs walk, for nothing and could have had a player 10x better in Vladdy.

Give me 5 reasons why KW should be the GM of this team??? Other than the Colon deal name me 5 deals that have help out this team?

1. Signing Loaiza

2. Signing Shingo

3. Trading for Marte

4. Trading for Olivo

5. Trading for Uribe

I've made no attempt to mask my hatred for Williams on this website--but signing Vlad to an extended contract, BEFORE Magg's knee injury surfaced would have been ridiculous. Last offseason our OF was not a priority with the corners occupied by Maggs/Lee. Rowand was a question, but you don't fork over 15 million for Vlad to roam CF.

1. Signing Loaiza

2. Signing Shingo

3. Trading for Marte

4. Trading for Olivo

5. Trading for Uribe

1. That was luck, and noone can ever say anything different. Yes he signed him but no-one could have predicted that in 03 he would have had that good of a season..

2. I don't see what the big deal is about him, the only reason he got the job becuase koch failed, so signing him and having koch knock each other out.

3. MArte, so far has been a bust he was suppose to be the closer of the furture and still has not proven it.

4. Olivo, never turned into the catcher he was touted as being, so this trade really does nothing for his credit.

5. Yes Uribe was great but we gave up a lefthanded bat that can lead-off so I highly take that as a good deal.