Jose Guillen to Washington

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. That was luck, and noone can ever say anything different.  Yes he signed him but no-one could have predicted that in 03 he would have had that good of a season..

2.  I don't see what the big deal is about him, the only reason he got the job becuase koch failed, so signing him and having koch knock each other out.

3.  MArte, so far has been a bust he was suppose to be the closer of the furture and still has not proven it.

4. Olivo, never turned into the catcher he was touted as being, so this trade really does nothing for his credit.

5.  Yes Uribe was great but we gave up a lefthanded bat that can lead-off so I highly take that as a good deal.

so basically, your analysis of every trade is that either A) it was lucky or B. the player didn't become great, just good...

the only legit point you made is for Uribe, but even that was a logical trade considering the Sox needed a bench player and got one who, in my opinion, is more talented than Miles anyway. the Sox didn't win that deal ... it was a trade that each team benefited from.

1. That was luck, and noone can ever say anything different.  Yes he signed him but no-one could have predicted that in 03 he would have had that good of a season..

2.  I don't see what the big deal is about him, the only reason he got the job becuase koch failed, so signing him and having koch knock each other out.

3.  MArte, so far has been a bust he was suppose to be the closer of the furture and still has not proven it.

4. Olivo, never turned into the catcher he was touted as being, so this trade really does nothing for his credit.

5.  Yes Uribe was great but we gave up a lefthanded bat that can lead-off so I highly take that as a good deal.

Hey, some advice buddy

Quit while you're ahead...or while you are not like way, way, way, way, way behind.

Most of those reasons are just stupid...sorry, but they are.

Ignore feature will be the best thing since sliced bread. :)

What I not saying the right little things your little klan likes to hear wait let me try

KW IS THE BEST EVER..I can't wait to have Polanco starting 2b,

:puke

Sorry I tried but, again he gets handed a Divsion title team, and manges to f*** it up to were we are looking over our shoulder at the Indians and Tigers to overtake us in '05

What I not saying the right little things your little klan likes to hear wait let me try

KW IS THE BEST EVER..I can't wait to have Polanco starting 2b,

:puke

Sorry I tried but, again he gets handed a Divsion title team, and manges to f*** it up to were we are looking over our shoulder at the Indians and Tigers to overtake us in '05

Little clan? Wtf, anyone logical baseball person can tell you that you do not know s***. Do you have tennis elbow?

Hey, some advice buddy

Quit while you're ahead...or while you are not like way, way, way, way, way behind.

Most of those reasons are just stupid...sorry, but they are.

They are honest and not the spon feed crap that I see most of the people here, giving you. Most of baseball sees KW as a bad GM..

Here a little story for you..

I was in my seats for the All-star game, sitting next to the Scouting Dir of the padres, I ask him what he thought of KW.. His response was this

He should have been fired after the JB trade, cause as a GM you should always know what you are getting back in return, never in baseball should you not know unless it is a player to be named later. KW is a great scout but a horriable GM.

I procceded to ask him if could talk to JR and get the GM job...

When other teams say you suck as a GM and that you should be fired.. There is a problem people.

KW took over a team that was a fluke and won the division(and it was a fluke...that was Frank's most recent real good year...meaning he has had a real good damn year 1 time in the past 6 or so...proving that he had a flukey year), and a 1-4 of Sirokta-Parque-Baldwin-Eldred pitched their asses off and won us a bunch of ballgames. How they did it, I do not know, but they did, and we got luckier then hell.

Everything went right for us in 2000...Cleveland was injury-riddled, and we were very healthy, the offense clicked and gelled, the pitching staff was just insanely good, and the bullpen was outstanding. That hasn't happened since then...not because KW took over, but because the Sox came down to earth.

Washington is gonna have a decent team out there in 05'.

considering how many good players the Expos have had, you would think so ... the main thing is that Washington actually has to support and keep this team, unlike the previous two times.

Wait that was using your brain.. no wonder why you love KW

Anthrax.......lemme tell you somethin'

Over my two year period of browsing Soxtalk (and WSI) I've witnessed countless fights break out over Williams effectiveness. Both sides are compromised of people unwilling to switch their positions. If you were to judge Williams by trades/signings, he'd split votes directly down the middle. What irks me the most is his attitude as general manager; specifically the moronic comments he's said within the media. Yes, he may wear his "heart on his sleave," but sometimes its as if his ego takes control of him. I don't trust a person of this character deciding who's the best fit for his club.

I've been patient with Williams for 4 years. If he fails to reach the offseason next year, there should be NO doubt of his dismissal as general manager. No one can convince me otherwise.

All I can do is laugh. :lol:

They are honest and not the spon feed crap that I see most of the people here, giving you. Most of baseball sees KW as a bad GM..

Here a little story for you..

I was in my seats for the All-star game, sitting next to the Scouting Dir of the padres, I ask him what he thought of KW.. His response was this

He should have been fired after the JB trade, cause as a GM you should always know what you are getting back in return, never in baseball should you not know unless it is a player to be named later. KW is a great scout but a horriable GM.

I procceded to ask him if could talk to JR and get the GM job...

When other teams say you suck as a GM and that you should be fired.. There is a problem people.

That's that guys opinion...and while he may hold guys to a high standard like that...f***ing up and getting a guy 32-year old career minor leaguer instead of a young pitcher. KW took the blame for it, but it wasn't that big of a deal. More of a little funny story to tell around the watercooler. Berry-Barry did not make or break the deal.

FWIW...Jon Berry, the pitcher KW intended on getting, didn't pitch this year.

Now, if someone contacts the White Sox about getting Carlos Lee, the White Sox could trade them the Carlos Lee that's in the minors...getting a minor leaguer like that instead of a legitamate stud is a completely different story, and something like that would have to be considered for a firing.

I would also disagree that most of baseball sees KW as a bad GM. They see KW as a very aggressive GM who will pay a lot for what he wants. They use his aggression to their advantage, and he will tend to overpay, but he gets the guy he wants a lot of the time.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, if it has I apologize. The prospect going with Rivera turns out to be Maicer Izturis, their ss of the future until they signed Guzman.

Guillen's a very good player, but I think Anaheim did really well in this trade. They got Rivera, who had a great season in 2004, and Izturis, who's put up great numbers in the minors. (Last year for Izturis was a fluke, but he still draws a ton of walks and hits decent.) They parlayed a player they didn't want into 2 excellent young players, who could be used in a package for RJ.

I assume this is the big announcement that the Angels have..

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3177746

OMFG, you gotta be kidding me. I'd of so traded Joe Borchard and a prospect cause thats about what Juan Rivera is. Juan Rivera is nothing super special. Amazingly good pickup by the Generals or whatever they are gonna be called.

Ignore this original rant. Should of continued reading the thread and seen who the prospect was as well as look up Rivera's stats.

When most everyone on the board disagrees with you...

Chances are -- in most cases, not all, but most -- that you're wrong.  And don't take this as something like all of us are teaming up on you, cause that's not the case.

But you're just flat out wrong, and you're making yourself look really, really bad when saying you can do half the job Kenny has done, and by acting like a pompous jackass.

:notworthy

Is there going to be an ignore feature when the boards are updated? :huh: