Jose Guillen to Washington

Mr. Showtime

neither KW or Sabean is. Take a look at Omar Minaya. His trades have been MUCH worse thatn KW on a team that has less room for error. Jason Bay, Brandon Phillips, Sizemore, Cliff Lee and others for monthly rentals like Colon and Floyd. I don't know how he got the Mets job.

Did he somehow deal Jason Bay to the Padres??? Cause Bay was given to the Pirates via San Diego in the Brian Giles deal along with Oliver Perez and another player (a solid infielder if I recall).

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Angels have good enough prospects to land Johnson. I think this move is going to pave the way for them to make a huge run at Beltran.

This move is the sign that the Angels have a good feeling they can land Beltran. In fact, you may see them sign him pretty quickly. They may be willing to go 7 to 8 years at 15 million per. They have said they won't offer him more then 15 on a per year basis though.

By the way I shouldn't of spoke so quickly, Rivera had pretty good stats and maybe he wasn't just a highly touted Yanks prospect (I never think much of highly touted Yanks prospects). Hit over .300 with 300 plus ab's.

One would have to say that this trade happened because of a relationship between Jim Bowden and Guillen starting when they were with the Reds together. I think Bowden is a terrific GM (I don't blame him for the Junior Griffey deal at all). Excellent move and Guillen can be a middle-of-the order hitter as well as a great trading chip come July.

But I do think he would of been better suited targeting Corey Koskie at 3rd base and spending a little less on the shortstop position.

What I not saying the right little things your little klan likes to hear wait let me try

KW IS THE BEST EVER..I can't wait to have Polanco starting 2b,

:puke

Sorry I tried but, again he gets handed a Divsion title team, and manges to f*** it up to were we are looking over our shoulder at the Indians and Tigers to overtake us in '05

:dips***

Is it KW's fault that Wunsch, Eldred, Baldwin, Thomas, and Parque were all hurt in 2001? Those guys all had HUGE roles in 2000, and they weren't around for all of 2001. What the f*** did you expect from a team that was decimated from injuries? :huh:

You're absolutely nuts.

Kenny isn't  one of the better GM's in the league, but he's far from the worst.  If you actually want me to go on and tell you these GM's, if I have to, I will...

In some circles I think Kenny's name would be bantered about as one of the better gm's in baseball. I know many here would laugh at this notion, but he's done a pretty good job with limited resources.

This is his key season though and he knows it and I expect RJ wearing a southsiders uniform this season.

OMFG, you gotta be kidding me.  I'd of so traded Joe Borchard and a prospect cause thats about what Juan Rivera is.  Juan Rivera is nothing super special.  Amazingly good pickup by the Generals or whatever they are gonna be called.

he was .358/.418/.526 after the ASB last year... last time I checked that was pretty good.

Did he somehow deal Jason Bay to the Padres???  Cause Bay was given to the Pirates via San Diego in the Brian Giles deal along with Oliver Perez and another player (a solid infielder if I recall).

bay was dealt from the expos to the mets and then to the padres and then to the pirates

They been laughing when KW said I give you 3 prospects fot Todd Ritichie...

The Pitssburgh GM said hold on a min, and proceeded to laugh his ass off at how dumb this guy must be.. and then picked up the phone and said we have a deal..

And then the sox laughed back when they got Damaso Marte and Ruddy Yan for Matt Guerrier.

Izturis might just be the prospect/player the Angels needed for a bargaining chip to land Unit.

Dodgers will not deal Itzuris. If they do they are stupid cause he's an awesome defensive shortstop and a developing offensive player. Very young too, meaning he's incredibly affordable.

Angels will only look for a big name middle infielder for whatever reason. Personally I think they are just find. Then again I see no reason for them to piss away money on Jason Varitek when its obvious they need pitching.

And even if we can do that, we're still like $8 mill over our limit at the very least(and that's me being very, very generous...that would be like signing Vladdy for $15 mill a year, and then subtracting Maggs's $14, and then adding $7 mill for the pitcher we bring in...that equals $8, and odds are, it would have been more then that), which would have meant trading Paully for nothing, which would have left us a hole at 1B, which would have had to have been replaced, which would have cost more money, at which point signing Politte and Shingo is probably thrown out the window and we go with like Diaz, Munoz, Baj, whoever else, at the beginning of the year in the pen, along with maybe Thriller.

Imagine a bullpen that looks like this will you...

Koch - CL

Marte - SU

Adkins - MR

Cotts - MR

Jackson - MR

Diaz - LR

Munoz - LR

And tell me that team wins the division with a straight face.

Technically speaking I have no doubt the Sox could of worked out a deal with the Dodgers unloading Maggs for prospects, Edwin Jackson and one other (just not Jackson and Miller) like many of us wanted on the board last year.

SO they could of made the deal without adding payroll, but I don't think anyone figured Vladdy would end up signing for 15 mill and he didn't want to play in a big city, thats why he picked Anaheim.

He knew their infield coach and was so happy to come to Anaheim. The question was whether they'd make the offer or not and finally they did. The Dodgers thought they had him signed and were kind of shell shocked when he ended up in Anaheim.

The mets are not trying to trade him, that is the total opposite of what they want to do with him from everything i have read.

Well their are some talks of a Soriano for Reyes deal but the economics of it don't work out. However, if Texas took on a contract from New York I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a deal go down.

1. That was luck, and noone can ever say anything different.  Yes he signed him but no-one could have predicted that in 03 he would have had that good of a season..

2.  I don't see what the big deal is about him, the only reason he got the job becuase koch failed, so signing him and having koch knock each other out.

3.  MArte, so far has been a bust he was suppose to be the closer of the furture and still has not proven it.

4. Olivo, never turned into the catcher he was touted as being, so this trade really does nothing for his credit.

5.  Yes Uribe was great but we gave up a lefthanded bat that can lead-off so I highly take that as a good deal.

:bang :bang

First off, I can give you some credit in terms of Elo, I think that was kind of pulling a rabbit out of a hat type deal.

But Marte has been one of the best setup men in baseball the past couple years, even with his down year this past season. When has he been given the opp to be teh closer of the future.

The Sox have had Foulke, Gordon, and Koch around and hten Shingo stepped in and was brilliant.

As far as Olivo goes, he along with Reed were turned into Freddy Garcia whose one of the better pitchers in the AL and still has a lot of upside potential, imo.

he was .358/.418/.526 after the ASB last year... last time I checked that was pretty good.

I think it is a great deal for the Angels. Rivera looked mighty good against the Sox and also when I saw him against the Marlins at the Cell. Plus they get a potential gold glove as SS, all for a guy they fired at the most critical point of the season. Talk about a hamburger for a steak!

Dodgers will not deal Itzuris.  If they do they are stupid cause he's an awesome defensive shortstop and a developing offensive player.  Very young too, meaning he's incredibly affordable. 

Angels will only look for a big name middle infielder for whatever reason.  Personally I think they are just find.  Then again I see no reason for them to piss away money on Jason Varitek when its obvious they need pitching.

He meant Maicer Izturis (who's part of the Guillen trade), not Cesar. The Diamondbacks do need a shortstop, and Izturis will probably be ready within a year.

He meant Maicer Izturis (who's part of the Guillen trade), not Cesar.  The Diamondbacks do need a shortstop, and Izturis will probably be ready within a year.

Ya, I picked up on that later in the thread. I was reading through the thread one page at a time replying.

My bad.

Well their are some talks of a Soriano for Reyes deal but the economics of it don't work out.  However, if Texas took on a contract from New York I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a deal go down.

Also soriano does not want to play the outfield and that is where they want him. He said he would retire if a team would put him out there. Also the mets said reyes was too much for soriano like three or four days back.

Yeah it doesn't with you guys..

Hey, keep believing what you want.

This whole "Soxtalk Clan" is totally against you, and is bent against arguing and disagreeing with every point you make.

As for your argument against Kenny Williams moves, like Marte and Uribe and Loaiza -- thanks for the laugh, I almost fell out of my chair... :lol:

But like you said, we know nothing, and you should be the GM, because if you were our GM, we'd never have a losing season, never lose the World Series. You are -- awesome. (And green isn't being used for super obvious reasons...)

Isn't it frickin sad that the newly Washington team can get more and better players than us, a "big market" city like Chicago. So far, Guillen, Castilla, and Guzman, I would take any of the 3.

They got a cancer, a has been and a slacker. You can keep all three.