Yan Lost

Rex Hudler

To be honest, two years ago I'd of b****ed up a storm about this, but this is just general stuff. I have no problem with this, it is life. I still think Yan may pan out to something, but I have my doubts.

If he didn't have his speed I'd think nothing of the fact. The Wing thing still irks me though. God that pisses me off.

Why was another team able to claim Yan? Was he released by the Sox or something? How does that work?

just fillin out the 40-man

Also Friday, the White Sox purchased the contracts of right-handers Kris Honel and Matt Smith, and infielder Pedro Lopez from Double-A Birmingham. They also purchased the contracts of right-hander Sean Tracey, left-hander Paulino Reynoso and infielder Casey Rogowski from Single-A Winston-Salem.

:lol:

Rangers claimed infielder Ruddy Yan off waivers from the White Sox.

Probably the worst waiver claim of the offseason so far. Yan, 23, hit .267/.315/.338 with 35 steals in 54 attempts for Double-A Birmingham last season. His career minor league OPS is under 700. The Rangers could take a look at him as a center fielder, but he's never going to hit enough to be a major leaguer. That the Rangers think he's more worthy than Ben Kozlowski of a 40-man roster spot is truly baffling. From rotoworld.

i thought he was a good player to have in the minors...but i was shocked to see how much his stolen base totals went from single to double a.

He was playing injured during the early portion of the season. I'm not sure if he ever got back to 100%, but I'm positive the injury had a negative effect on him at least part of the year.

His speed was insane though.