White Sox Purchase 6 Contracts

Chisoxfn

White Sox Add Six to the 40 Man Roster

By Jason Gage

FutureSox.com

November 19, 2004

The Chicago White Sox purchased the contracts of six minor league players. Pitchers Kris Honel, Sean Tracey, Matt Smith, and Paulino Reynoso were added to the 40 man roster while infielders Casey Rogowki and Pedro Lopez were also added. The moves bring the 40 man roster to 38...MORE

Smith will not make it before Bajenaru.  Not unless Baj gets hurt.  Period.  End of Story.

Agree on this.

I see Smith as a depth guy, a fall back option in case somebody gets hurt.

Smitty is a guy who may get a chance in the Show if he is in the right place at the right time.  Whether he stays there for awhile will be up to him at that point.

Is Smith likely to start the season in the pen for the Knights or Barons Rex?

I saw Reynoso pitch once and he got it up their on the gun which kind of surprised me. But it was the Hogs gun and from what I know that gun is a little generous.

As far as Smith goes, I think he'll get an invite, Ozzie will get a looksie at him but he'll be in Charlotte at the start of the year.

Munoz/Diaz/Baj/Adkins will be the guys competing, imo. You can throw Grilli in their as well.