Pacers Suspensions

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pacers actually played only 7 guys tonight. Apparently they might have to activate some injured players because it is a rule that they have to dress 8 players.

Actually only 6 guys....

Tinsley and Pollard had to dress, though they were hurt. Reggie even offered to come off the IR, but Carlisle didn't want Reggie to risk making his injury worse.

EDDIE GILL 48

FRED JONES 48

JAMES JONES 43

AUSTIN CROSHERE 42

DAVID HARRISON 44

John Edwards 15

Starters in caps, and those are their minutes tonight. The guys showed some major heart.

ESPN did a poll concerning length of suspensions of the players involved. In each case, 10 games or more was leading. That's B.S. I was also amazed that 80 percent of respondents rated this the worst fan-player incident they have ever seen. I expected it to lead since it just happened but 80%?

Why are you surprised by this???

What else comes CLOSE to this?

Why are you surprised by this???

What else comes CLOSE to this?

There was a hockey fight a while back at Madison Square Garden when a bunch of Bruins charged up into the stands and started attacking people. I wouldn't expect that one to take votes, but considering the Gamboa incident, the chair throwing incident with the Rangers, and the Yanks/Red Sox fight, and numerous other incidents with fans throwing bottles/batteries/whatever, I figured that is would get more like 60, not the overwhelming majority. Also, anytime you have an open-ended question like that you never know what incident on what level of play someone is going to bring in. This is even wierder considering the next question gave a choice between the Gamboa attack, the Rangers, and this and it was a lower percentage. It's not even the first time an NBA player has charged into the stands and punched somebody. They make it sound like it's the first time anything like this has ever happened. Yeah, the scale was bigger than we are used to, but jackass fans and player retaliations are nothing new.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned when Ty Domi and the fan fought in the penalty box in, IIRC, Philly.

Seeing that Pacer/Piston fight on TV after consuming multiple Jagerbombs -- I turned to my friend Dann and said "Artest is really serious about wanting that time off to promote his rap album, huh?" :lol:

Ben Wallace started the on court fight.  He didn't go into the stands.  You could say that if it wasn't for him Artest wouldn't have gone into the stands, but I doubt the league is going to give Artest that benefit.

If Ben Wallace doesn't over react like a stupid b**** nothing, and I mean nothing ever ever ever ever happens.

Ben Wallace didn't attack any fans.

O'Neal did the slide-punch on that fat guy, and kept fighting afterward.

If you're on the court, you're asking for it.

That no question right there is self-defense. What do you think the fan's intentions were, if he was on the court? To get to the other side? I don't think so.

If you're on the court, you're asking for it.

That no question right there is self-defense.  What do you think the fan's intentions were, if he was on the court?  To get to the other side?  I don't think so.

No, I don't think you understand what self-defense is. That guy was nowhere near O'Neal and he just came flying at him. Being on the court doesn't give the players free reign to go ballistic.