Pacers Suspensions

No, I don't think you understand what self-defense is.  That guy was nowhere near O'Neal and he just came flying at him.  Being on the court doesn't give the players free reign to go ballistic.

Alright I ask you this...was it ok for the Royals players to attack the guy who attacked Gamboa?

It's the same thing as JO attacking a guy who attacked Artest.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright I ask you this...was it ok for the Royals players to attack the guy who attacked Gamboa?

It's the same thing as JO attacking a guy who attacked Artest.

No, it isn't the same thing. Gamboa didn't go running into the stands. The point is to defuse the situation, and the Pacers players didn't defuse it, they threw gas on the fire.

But if you don't believe me, just ask David Stern.

No, it isn't the same thing.  Gamboa didn't go running into the stands.  The point is to defuse the situation, and the Pacers players didn't defuse it, they threw gas on the fire.

But if you don't believe me, just ask David Stern.

The guy who JO punched is the same guy that confronted Ron Artest ON THE COURT!

Nope, watch the video.  The guy with the Tigers hat who Artest attacked on the court is in the background while O'Neal slides in and hits the other guy.

As Artest and the guy with the Tigers hat fight the other guy who JO punches brings Artest down. I have the video on right now!

Once the guy touches Artest JO should have punched him.

If that guy is defending his friend from Artest then why can't JO defend his friend, Artest.

There's a question of magnitude. Pushing someone away during a fight is much different from coming out of nowhere and clocking a guy who is sitting on the ground.

I don't blame Artest for defending himself against that guy on the court, but what O'Neal did was way out of line.

There's a question of magnitude.  Pushing someone away during a fight is much different from coming out of nowhere and clocking a guy who is sitting on the ground.

I don't blame Artest for defending himself against that guy on the court, but what O'Neal did was way out of line.

Whatever, we aren't gonna change each others opinions on it.

If players get suspended for going in the stands, fans certainly can't go on the court.

Two fat little detroit fans decide that their tough enough to be on the court and talk s*** to Ron Artest...IMO, if youre that stupid to pick a fight with Artest, go onto the court, and wander around like they own the place they got what they deserved. You have to remember that these people arent just standing there they may have been throwing stuff and definitely were running their mouths. Jermaine O'neal was out of line but when youre a fan on the court during a riot I think you deserve what you had coming to you. I think O'neal got screwed with the 20 game suspension...

And the guy that Artest punched and the guy O'neal punched WERE two different guys who just happened to be dressed VERY similar and both were a tad portly :lol:

The fans who were throwing food, chairs, and who knows what else better all lose their season ticket rights for the rest of the season IMO...that is what i would do if i was the detroit pistons...Watch the tapes ANY PERSON who at all acted out by throwing food, or pushing people should never be allowed in that stadium again.

I think it would be cool, as Marc Stein suggested, to lock the fans out of the next home game against Indiana and only allow the media in.  There's got to be some accountability.

Wouldn't be a bad idea...Some dumbass is going to try to pull something...

Kind of like when the Sox and Royals met for the 2nd time...

Apparently O'Neal also cold-cocked someone off camera too.  While headed for the tunnel, I believe.  Keep in mind, more may have happened than was shown on camera.

I don't understand how that could have happend.

He was being restrained by like 5 guys.

Who knows though.