Boras comments on comcast.......

chisox05

Hmm, the only client that comes to mind right now (I know there's more) of Boras is Milwood...

I'd almost bet that the reference would be to Derek Lowe. Groundball pitcher in a bigtime home run park would make sense.

I see no Boras clients signing with the Sox, regardless.

He said in the brief conversation w/ KW they had a possible fit for 1 pitcher.  I wonder who it is?????

Kevin Millwood would have to be it. If their is any truth to him signing for 1-2.5 million on a one year deal I'd be all over signing him, but I still can't see him falling that far.

Lowe should have been the pitcher from the start that KW goes after.. A big game pitcher who with a solid D at short say a Orlando Cabera, would be a huge asset to this team.

Lowe and Cabrera? I'd like that very much, actually.

If they could land those two and find a decent RF, ( I'd prefer a speedy OBP guy over another thumper ), I'd feel like it was a successful off-season.

Lowe and Cabrera? I'd like that very much, actually.

If they could land those two and find a decent RF, ( I'd prefer a speedy OBP guy over another thumper ), I'd feel like it was a successful off-season.

If ALL we do is sign those 2, then our outfield would be

lee-LF

rowand-CF

Everett-RF

We wouldn't need an RF and I have really high hopes for Everett for this upcoming season.

If ALL we do is sign those 2, then our outfield would be

lee-LF

rowand-CF

Everett-RF

We wouldn't need an RF and I have really high hopes for Everett for this upcoming season.

I have hope ONLY if Carl is working out like a madman.

He's not getting any younger and he's had injury problems.

I'd like him as an option, but maybe not as the main option.

just a question, but can Everett play first?

He has never played first although first base is far and away the easiest position and if someone is over 6'0 I have no doubt in my mind that with some work, they could handle the 1B job well.

So yes, if we needed him (which i doubt we would) I believe with a month or 2 of preperation he could play 1st base at least adequately.