wishful thinking

toasty

I would rather jr spend the cash on beltran than RJ, even if it is more money and longer we know beltran loves chicago... boras or no boras,spend the money, man!

"Carlos likes Chicago, period," Boras said in the interview. "He's expressed to me that he loves the city. Chicago is one of the best baseball venues in the major leagues and any interest either of the clubs (the White Sox or Cubs) have in him will be considered." -daily southtown

I would rather jr spend the cash on beltran than RJ, even if it is more money and longer we know beltran loves chicago... boras or no boras,spend the money, man!

"Carlos likes Chicago, period," Boras said in the interview. "He's expressed to me that he loves the city. Chicago is one of the best baseball venues in the major leagues and any interest either of the clubs (the White Sox or Cubs) have in him will be considered."  -daily southtown

/anything to get his value increased

He'll sign with the Angels or Yanks.

Anything can happen.

Who thought the Angels were gonna get Vlad last year?

NOBODY.  Yet it happened in a second before there were even rumors of it.

Miracles can happen people.

Sad then, that a miracle's what it would take to land Beltran, isn't it?

The Angels were in a COMPLETELY different situation than the Sox. Aggressive new owner trying to impress his team's fanbase.

Kinda like the early 80's, when a couple of brash new owners waltzed into Chicago and brought in Carlton Fisk and Greg Luzinski....

The Angels were in a COMPLETELY different situation than the Sox. Aggressive new owner trying to impress his team's fanbase.

Kinda like the early 80's, when a couple of brash new owners waltzed into Chicago and brought in Carlton Fisk and Greg Luzinski....

20+ years later people are complaining about them being cheap

Ironic, isn't it?

How many AL titles did those 2 bring us?

Anybody else think this guy is an Instigator? ;)

Ligthen up dude. Add to the discussion, not stupid sarcastic comments like you have been lately. Sheesh Are you Roman, Brando or one of those guys? If your gonna add to the discussion fine but you realy haven't and it's sad a Mod has to close a thread cause of it. :headshake

Have a nice day ;)

Anybody else think this guy is an Instigator? ;)

Ligthen up dude. Add to the discussion, not stupid sarcastic comments like you have been lately. Sheesh Are you Roman, Brando or one of those guys? If your gonna add to the discussion fine but you realy haven't and it's sad a Mod has to close a thread cause of it.  :headshake

Have a nice day  ;)

Yes.

That wasn't really the topic, but the answer is zero.

They won a division with a pretty good-looking team in 83 - good balance of speed and power and a strong starting staff - but it derailed in the ALCS. Injuries, etc. crumbled that team and it's never really been the same.

The point of my earlier post was, let's see if Moreno is still as aggressive in free-agent pursuits after 20+ years of ownership. Or if he's still even their owner....

BTW, even though I like John Bush's voice better, Anthrax wrote better songs when Belladonna was their singer.

:headbang

John Bush Blows He can't hold Belladonas Jock

I hereby temporarily hijack this thread... :D

I like John Bush on the CDs, but I find him to lack something live. He's not really very charismatic, his voice is weaker live than on the discs and he ab-so-LUTE-ly cannot hit the high notes necessary on the Belladonna-era songs! He just screams like his leg is caught in a bear trap.

For this reason, I have NO interest in hearing The Greater Of Two Evils. I'd rather they re-record those songs with Joey on vocals, since recording processes have gotten MUCH better since the 80's and the guys in 'Thrax are much better musicians than they were back then ( and they were pretty damn good back then, IMO ).

instead of Beltran why can't we go get Drew for half the price (or at least 8 million less per)?

i'd love to get JD to play RF.

that would be the best OF on the southside that i can ever remember.

I'd love to have Drew. I think he is one of the best pure hitters in the game.

He's good. If he could only avoid the Injury Bug

He has been injured a lot but as of now, no injury has permanently effected his body.

Besides, we would be fine as long as his injury(s) arent longer than a week or 2 cuz we got TIMO and gload.

instead of Beltran why can't we go get Drew for half the price (or at least 8 million less per)?

i'd love to get JD to play RF.

that would be the best OF on the southside that i can ever remember.

I keep hearing Beltran and Drew's names come up, are we still looking for an outfielder? I thought we had Carlos, Rowand and Everett....didn't we just ink Everett for 2 more years?

Why is Maggs better? JD has never played a full season until now. JD has never proved himself. Drew is better with the Leather too ;)

You said yourself,JD is not proved himself yet. Mags has and he knows our field and AL pitching! Thats not saying that I dont like JD,I just dont think its the best outfield we have had. :D