wishful thinking

toasty

You said yourself,JD is not proved himself yet. Mags has and he knows our field and AL pitching! Thats not saying that I dont like JD,I just dont think its the best outfield we have had. :D

Maggs really has to prove himself again really after the horrific knee injury he had.

You said yourself,JD is not proved himself yet. Mags has and he knows our field and AL pitching! Thats not saying that I dont like JD,I just dont think its the best outfield we have had. :D

First off welcome aboard. I think in terms of the more proven player, you'd have to look at Maggs. Up until this past season he had never had any serious injuries and he had been a very productive player.

However, right now, I think you have to question his true status, especially with Boras doing everything he can to hide Magglio and prevent work outs, etc.

I think potential and talent wise, JD Drew is a better player. He hits for power, average, but has an oustanding eye. He also is a little better defensively and is a lefty which the Sox could use.

The flaw is Drew finally had a pretty healthy season, is it a fluke or is it a sign that his injuries are in the past.

I keep hearing Beltran and Drew's names come up, are we still looking for an outfielder? I thought we had Carlos, Rowand and Everett....didn't we just ink Everett for 2 more years?

Nope, everett will just be with us next year. Unless they do in fact resign him.