Artest gone for the Season

aboz56

DETROIT (Ticker) - It appears the Indiana Pacers will pay a heavy price for Friday's embarrassing melee.

WDIV-TV is reporting that Ron Artest of the Pacers will be suspended for 30 games and teammates Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson will be suspended 20 games apiece for their roles in Friday's ugly brawl against the Detroit Pistons that saw players taking on fans both on and off the court.

According to WDIV, center Ben Wallace of the Pistons will be banned for five games.

----------

If true, they let Wallace off far too easy IMO. The guy instigated the whole incident by his lame overreaction. Pacers probably won't even make the playoffs now and that's a damn shame.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty brilliant by Detroit actually. Have your player go off on another player, then have your fans finish it off. You get off relatively scotch free and your biggest foes in the Eastern Conf. get completely destroyed.

Pacers are going to be in the playoffs...That's all that matters.

Question is, what would Wallace have gotten had the rest of the stuff with the fans never happened? That is how you have to look at it. His part was no more than a typical fight during a game. Artest went into the stands and could have controlled that.

If 5 games is what Wallace would have gotten had the incident ended there and not spilled into the fans, then that is what he should have gotten.

Question is, what would Wallace have gotten had the rest of the stuff with the fans never happened?  That is how you have to look at it.  His part was no more than a typical fight during a game.  Artest went into the stands and could have controlled that.

If 5 games is what Wallace would have gotten had the incident ended there and not spilled into the fans, then that is what he should have gotten.

If I'm not mistaken Wallace didn't really do anything after the initial shoving match other than throw a towel at Artest.

Exactly.  So the NBA has to evaluate his punishment as if Artest never went into the stands.

I dont think Wallace's punishment, if it is in fact 5 games, is too lenient at all. His part in the whole mess was limited.

On a side note, the pic I grabbed for my avatar f***ing rocks! Captures the moment of chaos so well.

:lol:

Exactly.  So the NBA has to evaluate his punishment as if Artest never went into the stands.

Ya, I saw it as Wallace getting mad. He didn't go into the stands, he didn't punch the fans.

Take away the aftermath, and all you have is Wallace and Artest getting in a shoving match. To be honest the most I'd of given Ben Wall was 2-3 games cause I Think thats all he would of gotten had Artest not jumped into the stands afterwards.

Wallace went after Artest several times after the initial outburst. I gotta disagree about Wallace getting the punishment as if nothing else happened. Wallace's outburst was completely uncalled for and lead to the fans anger which incited the entire incident. Ask yourself this... Would the fans have been angry enough to throw a cup at Artest if Wallace hadn't gone after Artest for no reason? They were just trying to stick up for fan favorite Ben Wallace. Without Wallace's outburst, none of this would have happened.

Wallace went after Artest several times after the initial outburst. I gotta disagree about Wallace getting the punishment as if nothing else happened. Wallace's outburst was completely uncalled for and lead to the fans anger which incited the entire incident. Ask yourself this... Would the fans have been angry enough to throw a cup at Artest if Wallace hadn't gone after Artest for no reason? They were just trying to stick up for fan favorite Ben Wallace. Without Wallace's outburst, none of this would have happened.

and had artest not gone into the stands no pacer would have gotten suspended except for maybe what they did on the court after the initial incident.