Artest gone for the Season

aboz56

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a joke.

ONeal for 25 is the one that pisses me off the most.

Ron Artest should just say f*** it with the NBA and retire.

I think its harsh. Regardless of whether he should of thrown the punch of not (in reference to O'Neal). The guy was on the court saying s***. Thats the players domain and to me its your own fucing fault if your stupid enough to be on the court (by on I mean walk out on the court and talk and say s***) during a situation like that.

I think its harsh.  Regardless of whether he should of thrown the punch of not (in reference to O'Neal).  The guy was on the court saying s***.  Thats the players domain and to me its your own fucing fault if your stupid enough to be on the court (by on I mean walk out on the court and talk and say s***) during a situation like that.

Exactly...what does the guy thinks gonna happen?

The players aren't gonna be like, "You what up dude? How's it going?"

Basically a fan coming onto the court is like someone walking into your work ready to assault you, you are supposed to just take it I suppose.

The NBA's message here is.

1. Fans are free to batter players

2. Don't stick up for teammates.

Detroit fans got exactly what they wanted. They incite Artest, get to fight the Pacers 20,000 on 12, then watch the opposing team torn apart from suspensions. Good message NBA.

At the same time with emotions high and your teammates being attacked you hvae no idea whats going on and when someone steps into your domain it appears as if its a threat adn considering all that was going on I don't see much of a problem with O'Neal stepping in.

I mean Artest was getting drilled by multiple fans when he went into the stands, etc and at that point the punches he through were in defense. It was the original going into the stand act that I had the problem with.

But he never hit the original fan he went up into the stands for. He hit the fan that was punching him in the side of the fan (also the guy who through the beer on him).

I think its bulls*** how the NBA made an example out of these and ruined the Pacers season. Detroit walks away with nothing and while their players weren't a part of it their fans were.

The funny thing is, the White Sox had that one incident and it was talked about how we have hoodlum fans and thus far I haven't heard near as much attacks on the security and stuff like that.

I guess the fan didn't actually go out onto the court, but at the same time the fans were freaking nuts their.

I know one thing, I will never throw an object at any player or anyone when at a game.

Check it out

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3182714

Overall, nine players from the teams were banned for 143 games, including some of the harshest penalties the league ever issued. Artest is the first player to be suspended for nearly an entire season for a fight during a game.

Indiana's Stephen Jackson was suspended for 30 games and Jermaine O'Neal for 25. Detroit's Ben Wallace - whose shove of Artest after a foul led to the 5-minute fracas - drew a six-game ban, while Pacers guard Anthony Johnson got five games.

Four players were suspended for a game apiece: Indiana's Reggie Miller, and Detroit's Chauncey Billups, Elden Campbell and Derrick Coleman.

All of the suspensions are without pay.

IMO the NBA did the right thing in this situation.

I agree, but i think wallace should have gotten a few more games at least 10. I also hope that the fans are going to get prosecuted, at least the ones throwing punches and the ones that threw things at the players. If the players are suspended then i think those fans who were involved should be banned from games for a little while too. Just my opinion.

I am from Indiana and disagree with almost everyone here, I guess. d

Artest f***ed up and caused all of this. If he does nothing, security would have stepped in and handled the person who threw the cup of ice. Wallace would have gotten his suspension and everything would have been done.

The Pacers players threw gas onto the fire rather than trying to put it out. rtest went into the stands out of retaliation, not self-defense. There is no way self-defense can be argued.

The NBA is a thug league and has done nothing but get worse the last several years. David Stern HAS to be harsh in order to bring some civility to his league or things will just get worse.

The penalties HAD to be harsh. Artest has a history. It doesn't matter how good a player he is. Someone has to get him under control and obviously this is the only way to do it.

The Pacers team/fans are essentially getting punished because of their own problem child. Blame Wallace all you want, but the situation was over had Artest not decided on his own that it was okay to retailiate against an idiot fan (who may or may not have even thrown the cup of ice).