Hunters murdered over deerstand dispute

southsider2k5

Apparently. three of the bodies were scattered. Which, to me means he ran them down.  :headshake

Yeah, they said he was sniping at them when they came to help one of the victims then chased a few others down.

Just tragic and completely unnecessary loss of life....thoughts go out to the families of the victims.

Well obviously a well armed militia is important in our society. Imagine the magnitude of this tragedy if none of these guys were armed? That's why I love Texas. With our concealed handgun laws, this could happen at a downtown corner. In related news, a couple dozen deer are resting comfortably today.

With apologies to the Boomtown Rats

The silicon chip inside his head

Gets switched to overload

And nobody's gonna shoot a deer today

He's going to make them stay at home

And daddy doesn't understand it

He always said he was as good as gold

And he can see no reason

Cos there are no reasons

What reason do you need to be shown

Tell me why

I don't like Mondays

I want to shoot

The whole day down

Edited by Texsox

The trib is reporting the guy used an SKS semi-automatic military rifle. My dad doesn't hunt much any more so I'm a bit out of the loop--but isn't that a little bit of overkill?

There are several honest explainations of why he chose that particular firearm, and several not so valid reasons.

Economics, it was the only firearm he owned of a suitable caliber and this was a once a year trip.

Accuracy, it was the one he had confidence in.

On the other side, he's a wacko, nutjob, paramilitary, idiot who thought he was in some jungle fighting commies, or GIs.

Well obviously a well armed militia is important in our society. Imagine the magnitude of this tragedy if none of these guys were armed? That's why I love Texas. With our concealed handgun laws, this could happen at a downtown corner. In related news, a couple dozen deer are resting comfortably today.

With apologies to the Boomtown Rats

I shoulda figured. :rolly

All I can say is that in my opinion, if they take our guns away .... we are majorly f***ed.  I'm not going argue with anyone.  I won't change my viewpoint.  It is what it is and it will stay what it is.

I am not for taking away guns, I am for being honest and admitting that it does little to stop crimes, and more to heighten them. I also believe me and my deer rifle has no chance against Nuke and all his cool weapons of destruction and bombs, and everything else. So having firearms to protect us from our government is a joke.

As far as personal, home protection. To really protect yourself and your family, especially if someone btreaks into your home, you need your gun

1. Available in seconds.

2. Loaded, with one on top.

3. A lock that comes off in less than a couple seconds.

4. Be able to tell the difference bwteen your scared child breaking down your door and running into your bedroom, and the bad guy, and be able to make the right decision.

1+2+3+4 for me = my guns in a safe and I store very small amounts of ammo at home. That is my choice, I feel my family is safer with my guns properly stored, not within reach of me and my kids.