Beer throwing fan ID'd

Ron Artest shouldn't and won't be banned from the NBA.

Let me just say this.  While what he did was clearly wrong and merits the suspension, if I was at work and a customer threw something at me, you better believe they are going to get an ass beating. 

The clear culprit in this whole situation is Ben Wallace, who is now acting like he had nothing to do with the whole situation.  This guy is completely classless and I cannot wait until they visit Indiana on Christmas day.  I'm sure he's going to get himself a few presents.

:notworthy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wallace's confronting Artest is what got the fan riled up that threw the beer at Artest.  If Wallace doesn't do anything, the fans never get upset enought to throw something.  It was like dominoes.

Ron Artest is how old...? You want me, and the other innocent people he may have hurt on his way into the crowd, to excuse the behavior because Wallace pushed him..? If anything it was Artests showboating on the table that made the s*** worse. The idiot even put on headphones. Talk about pissing the crowd off..

A few cards short of a full deck obviously.

Ron Artest is how old...? You want me, and the other innocent people he may have hurt on his way into the crowd, to excuse the behavior because Wallace pushed him..? If anything it was Artests showboating on the table that made the s*** worse. The idiot even put on headphones. Talk about pissing the crowd off..

A few cards short of a full deck obviously.

Maybe if you took every player on the Pacers and threw em together you might scare up a full deck.

Wallace's confronting Artest is what got the fan riled up that threw the beer at Artest.  If Wallace doesn't do anything, the fans never get upset enought to throw something.  It was like dominoes.

If you are going to say that, then it's Artest's fault for the hard foul on Ben Wallace when you are down by double digits and less than a minute to go.

Ridiculous? Not any more than saying it's Wallace's fault for Artest going into the stands. Everyone should be held accountable for their own actions. Wallace got the fine he should have for shoving and going after Artest. If it ended there, you wouldn't be b****ing. But it didn't. Artest went into the stands. WHICH IS WRONG!!!

Sorry I hate to be in arguments with you the whole day but I'm disagree with that big time. I think 73 games plus any playoff games is long enough.  Numerous players said they'd do the same thing if it happend to them. I know Artest has had problems in the past, but that fan was just as much out of line. If you want to banish Artest forever that fan should never be able to see another NBA game in person either.

Hmm.. guess I misunderstood. I interpreted this to mean if one got banned you supported them both getting banned.

Oh well.

Oh God.. I just watched this again. It is beyond me how anyone could possibly defend Artest and all the rest of the idiots who participated in this mess.

I honestly truly pray that none of you ever have to watch something like this happen to a loved one of yours. I can't imagine the horror not only of those in the way of him jumping in the crowd.. but of those small children who witnessed the incident.

I am defending Artest and that is my opinion. But I do understand why he was suspened for 73 games plus the playoffs. Which could result in a 101 game suspension if the Pacers were in game 7's in all four rounds. But that's extremely unlikely. I also defend O'Neal and totally disagree with his suspension, but that's another story.

If you are going to say that, then it's Artest's fault for the hard foul on Ben Wallace when you are down by double digits and less than a minute to go.

Ridiculous?  Not any more than saying it's Wallace's fault for Artest going into the stands.  Everyone should be held accountable for their own actions.  Wallace got the fine he should have for shoving and going after Artest.  If it ended there, you wouldn't be b****ing.  But it didn't.  Artest went into the stands.  WHICH IS WRONG!!!

that's what i tried saying in one of the many threads on this issue. obviously some people discard logic due to bias...

Oh God.. I just watched this again. It is beyond me how anyone could possibly defend Artest and all the rest of the idiots who participated in this mess.

I honestly truly pray that none of you ever have to watch something like this happen to a loved one of yours. I can't imagine the horror not only of those in the way of him jumping in the crowd.. but of those small children who witnessed the incident.

Steff, we're old. Give these young guys a few years and they will understand there is a bigger picture in life other than beating someone that does something to you. Time will give them the wisdom to understand things like this.

really?

It looked like the exact same guy.

it was the same guy. But he was down at court level just before the Melee started... I wouldn't think that as a reporter(whatever his credentials were for) he would bring his kids to the game and sit them alone a few rows up from him, while he's at "work"

it was the same guy.  But he was down at court level just before the Melee started... I wouldn't think that as a reporter(whatever his credentials were for) he would bring his kids to the game and sit them alone a few rows up from him, while he's at "work"

Ohhh, alright I gotcha.

Just kinda funny to see some guy punch an NBA player in the face and then go comfort 2 young kids.

See to me this is all circular logic that refuses to accept any blame. Gee if Ron Artest's mom didn't have any sex, Artest would have never gone into the stands. Everyone should be responsible for their own actions in this. Artest made the decesion to go into the stands, no one else made it for him. Heck players have had beers spilled on them for generations now, it doesn't mean that gives the player a free ticket to kick his ass. And on the otherside fo the coin, just because you buy a ticket to a game, it doesn't mean you are in some kind of a rules free zone.

As I said before, the NBA players have gotten their justice doled out. Now I hope to see the police and the Pistons do the right thing to the fans, and both have their tickets revoked, and to see them charged with every applicable law there is.

See to me this is all circular logic that refuses to accept any blame.  Gee if Ron Artest's mom didn't have any sex, Artest would have never gone into the stands.  Everyone should be responsible for their own actions in this.  Artest made the decesion to go into the stands, no one else made it for him.  Heck players have had beers spilled on them for generations now, it doesn't mean that gives the player a free ticket to kick his ass.  And on the otherside fo the coin, just because you buy a ticket to a game, it doesn't mean you are in some kind of a rules free zone. 

As I said before, the NBA players have gotten their justice doled out.  Now I hope to see the police and the Pistons do the right thing to the fans, and both have their tickets revoked, and to see them charged with every applicable law there is.

I agree; however, to pinpoint this whole thing on Artest is another wrong.