Tyson Chandler

DBAHO

From the Trib., I sense something going down soon;

PHOENIX -- Denver and the Bulls have discussed a trade that would send fourth-year big man Tyson Chandler to the Nuggets, according to two league sources.

The talks only advance the growing perception that general manager John Paxson will trade either Chandler or Eddy Curry between now and the February trade deadline.

Curry has been linked in trade talks with the Knicks, among other teams.

The Bulls would seek a big man in return for Chandler, and a logical target is Nene, a 6-foot-11-inch, 260-pound power forward. The third-year player is currently sidelined with a hamstring injury and recently had his fourth-year option exercised by Denver. Nene makes $2.4 million.

Other salaries would need to be included to match Chandler's $4.8 million salary. One possibility is third-year big man Nikoloz Tskitishvili, who makes $2.9 million and whose fourth-year option was recently declined by Denver.

Denver general manager Kiki Vandeweghe has a long history with Chandler, dating back to shared Los Angeles backgrounds and big man camps.

I'd rather send out Eddy.  At least Tyson gives a s*** most of the time.

Frankly why not send out both? If you get Nene, Tskitka and possibly a future 1st for Tyson, and you could get Nazr Mohammed and Mike Sweeney plus a couple of draft picks for Curry, then your frontcourt would become a lot more deeper, which is something the Bulls desperatley lack. But I think they should still go after Dalembert as they are probably the worst shot blocking team in the league, hell guys like Ratliff and Amare Stoudemire average more blocks alone then the whole Bulls team.

Frankly why not send out both? If you get Nene, Tskitka and possibly a future 1st for Tyson, and you could get Nazr Mohammed and Mike Sweeney plus a couple of draft picks for Curry, then your frontcourt would become a lot more deeper, which is something the Bulls desperatley lack. But I think they should still go after Dalembert as they are probably the worst shot blocking team in the league, hell guys like Ratliff and Amare Stoudemire average more blocks alone then the whole Bulls team.

I still see some Ben Wallace-type desire in Tyson, in a whole lot bigger body. Eddy doesn't care enough to reach any of his potential. I guess I woulnd't be all that upset if both of them got dealt, but I can see us regretting Tyson a whole lot more.

Looking at the Bulls' stats for this season there are a few that REALLY stick out.

1 - They shoot an average of 90.3 points a game and conceed an average of 101.6 points.

2 - The only shoot 40.8% from the floor, which is really quite terrible. Their opponents shoot 45.1% from the floor on the other hand.

3 - The Bulls only shoot 20.9 free throws a game, and only shoot 66%, while their opponents take 30.9 attempts from the line and make an average of 81%.

4 - The Bulls have only had 26 blocks, and conceed 102 fouls, while their opponents have had 46 blocks and only conceeded 73 fouls.

Getting a guy like Dalembert would help fix problem #4 significantly, but they really need some guys who can get to the line more, someone like Paul Pierce who they were trying to get at the start of the season.

I don't think Hilario is an upgrade. He's been a decent scorer, but he's got a case of Eddy Curry syndrome. Despite the fact that he is 6'11" 260, he is not a good rebounder or shot blocker. He's played more minutes than Tyson the last two years and still only average 6.1 and 6.5 RPG and .5 and .8 blocks. He might have some more value because he is definitely a center, but I think keeping Tyson would work out better. Tskitisvili (don't really care if I spelled it right) would have to actually live up to the hype for us to win this trade. Right now, Tyson strikes me as a guy that would be a nice piece on a good team but because of his limited offense he doesn't help out much for us, kind of like a poor man's Ben Wallace. I'd really like to see us keep him and add either Allen or Redd, and then deal Curry and try to get Stromile Swift. With a perimeter lineup of Hinrich, Allen or Redd, and Deng, Tyson's rebounding and shot blocking become much more valuable and his lack of scoring isn't as much of an issue.

I don't think Hilario is an upgrade. He's been a decent scorer, but he's got a case of Eddy Curry syndrome. Despite the fact that he is 6'11" 260, he is not a good rebounder or shot blocker. He's played more minutes than Tyson the last two years and still only average 6.1 and 6.5 RPG and .5 and .8 blocks. He might have some more value because he is definitely a center, but I think keeping Tyson would work out better. Tskitisvili (don't really care if I spelled it right) would have to actually live up to the hype for us to win this trade. Right now, Tyson strikes me as a guy that would be a nice piece on a good team but because of his limited offense he doesn't help out much for us, kind of like a poor man's Ben Wallace. I'd really like to see us keep him and add either Allen or Redd, and then deal Curry and try to get Stromile Swift. With a perimeter lineup of Hinrich, Allen or Redd, and Deng, Tyson's rebounding and shot blocking become much more valuable and his lack of scoring isn't as much of an issue.

That sounds like a plan.

C Stromile Swift

PF Tyson Chandler

SF Luol Deng

SG Ray Allen

PG Kirk Hinrich

Bench:

Ben Gordon

Andres Nocioni

#1 or #2 overall pick in the draft

We need to sign two veterans to come off the bench in addition to either Allen or Redd.

Then we'll be in business.

OMFG, DO IT. Nene is a good offensive player, well a developing one who seems to have a good attitude. I like Chandler but I don't know if he's low post game will ever develop properly.

Plus they get Sktisifhidi or however you spell it (I know the spelling is far different then the pronunciation). He's thought of as a good defender and both have big bodies.

This then opens up a deal of Eddy Curry. Personally I'd unload both of them and start over. I love the base with Hinrich/Deng/Nocioni and I'm even thinking Gordon could have a future as an awesome 6th man. I realize you don't draft a guy in the 3rd round for that, but I'm talking Bobby Jackson type. Just instant offense.

Then Skidi/Nene coming off the bench or starting with the Bulls maybe able to acquire Wilcox for Curry in a 3 way deal involving Dunleavy potentially. Besides that they would be able to keep these quality players and be able to make a run at Stromile Swift.

Swift/Skidi/Nene

Wilcox/Skidi/Nene

Deng/Nocioni

Gordon/Deng/Nociono

Kirk Hinrich/Gordon/Duhon

Obvioulsy AD and Harrington would probably get sihpped out, potentially for a good player. I think Harrington is actually a FA but I could be wrong.