Traveling Thursday? Be prepared to wait

southsider2k5

Crap, I may have to bust out my suburban with the 4-wheel drive to make that 1.5 mile trip down to my parents' house. :D

Hopefully this will decrease the number of people that insist on going to the few stores that are actually open that day. I've worked retail on Thanksgiving and Christmas day both. It sucks...

On a related note, how many people are planning to get up at the crack of dawn the day after to get all those early-bird sales?

I did it one time in my life and haven't done it since. I might this year because I missed out on a couple of really good deals last year and my kids (and myself) have a couple big-ticket items on our list.

Crap, I may have to bust out my suburban with the 4-wheel drive to make that 1.5 mile trip down to my parents' house.  :D

Hopefully this will decrease the number of people that insist on going to the few stores that are actually open that day. I've worked retail on Thanksgiving and Christmas day both. It sucks...

On a related note, how many people are planning to get up at the crack of dawn the day after to get all those early-bird sales?

I did it one time in my life and haven't done it since. I might this year because I missed out on a couple of really good deals last year and my kids (and myself) have a couple big-ticket items on our list.

the past 2 years, when i was working at dominick's i had to work thanksgiving, there was probably 5 people in the entire store after 3...but no one was allowed to go home till 6.... :fyou

Crap, I may have to bust out my suburban with the 4-wheel drive to make that 1.5 mile trip down to my parents' house.  :D

Code, good to see you around.

I always intend to try and get up early on Black Friday but it rarely happens. This year I actually have money though so there might be stuff out there worth getting. The self-loathing once I actually get to a store and see all the people like ants on an ice cream cone might be another obstacle of its own.

the past 2 years, when i was working at dominick's i had to work thanksgiving, there was probably 5 people in the entire store after 3...but no one was allowed to go home till 6.... :fyou

The year I had to work on X-mas I was at a 24-hour Osco. I could not believe the number of people who were shopping there that day! I think it was the busiest day I'd ever seen while working there.

The whole time I just wanted to stand up on the counter and yell "What the hell are you people doing here on Christmas Day?!? Go home!"

In the meantime DBAH0 is writing his book, How to Make Chicagoians Hate Aussie's :lol:

Meh, I get to hear all about your wonderful summer weather from June to August, so it's about time I get to turn the tables. And would you rather spend XMas in freezing temp's with snow or in 90 degree temperatures with shorts and thongs. ;) :bringit

Meh, I get to hear all about your wonderful summer weather from June to August, so it's about time I get to turn the tables. And would you rather spend XMas in freezing temp's with snow or in 90 degree temperatures with shorts and thongs.  ;)  :bringit

Personally I would prefer summer all year long, but that's just me B)

There won't be much traffic Thursday morning for me.  ;)

Out of curiousity, are they running a lot more planes out over the midwest? I don't know if I am just noticing it more, but it seems like there are a ton more contrails than I am used to seeing. I lived close to Ellington AFB growing up, and starting watching stuff like that then, and I don't remember it ever being quite so busy.

I work at a small Grocery store in my neighborhood and we are closed thaksgiving so i don have to work. Im workin 4-9 today though so it will probably be really busy :bang

I had to deliver papers this morning.....and yes the wind was nasty...there was a mix of snow and rain and sleet pouring down....and the temperature was 35. I also didn't know this was going to happen...so all i wore was a sweater coat. I had no gloves....and no cap to wear. I had to stop at a gas station to pick up some gloves and the cap....Damn that sucked.....i never want that to happen again. :crying

I had to deliver papers this morning.....and yes the wind was nasty...there was a mix of snow and rain and sleet pouring down....and the temperature was 35.  I also didn't know this was going to happen...so all i wore was a sweater coat.  I had no gloves....and no cap to wear.  I had to stop at a gas station to pick up some gloves and the cap....Damn that sucked.....i never want that to happen again. :crying

You a mailman?

:headbang That is like...my dream job :lol: