Baseball America's Top 10

maggsmaggs

Rogers is getting peppered with some pretty immature questions....

I like it!

Frank the Tank from North Aurora, Il asks:

Is there any long term hope for us Sux fans as long as Kenny Williams keeps trading away our best prospects for mediocre talent?

Haywood from Jablome, Montana asks:

Bahaha.

Phil didn't answer my question regarding why Brian Miller was the polar opposite of his bio in BA's Prospect Handbook.

I wonder why? That fluid delivery was gold!

Lol, Easy 95 MPH heat too :D

Miller has to develop a good breaking ball/offspeed pitch before anything happens with him.

Heres a guy I'm going to go out on a limb and say he turns into a stud....Tyler Lumsden.

Seems like things have gotten quiet on him, but between him and Liotta the Sox have two really good under the radar arms that I think have "ACE" potential.

We already know I like Bmac and Tracey a lot. I'm liking the potential of the organization and I think the farm system keeps taking steps forwards, not backwards, like some seem to imply.

I'm not a big fan of Rogers, but this chat was fun to read...

I didn't see a link. http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/chat/041129pr.html

some interesting statements and thoughts.

Q:  Tom McCullough from York PA asks:

Thanks for the chats. Last year Roberto Valido was the White Sox SS of the future while Juan Uribe was a short-term place holder. This year is Uribe projected as the long-term White Sox SS? If not, has Pedro Lopez replaced Valido as the White Sox SS of the future?

A:  Moderator: Thanks for the question Tom. It's an interesting mix of players that you mention. Personally I'd like to see how Uribe would do as the regular shortstop but I'll be surprised if he's there on Opening Day. Lopez is definitely a safer bet than Valido at this point. So if I'm picking for 2007, I'll take Lopez.

D'oh!

Q:  Mark Buerhle from Comiskey Park asks:

Who am I going to throw to for the next couple of years?

A:  Moderator: Hey, Mark, good talking to you. I wish I knew. For your sake, I'd hope it's not Ben Davis. The White Sox desperately need a veteran catcher from the Damian Miller mode. Henry Blanco might be a better bet.

:unsure:

Mark asked 5 questions in the Cardinals chat.

Edited by The Cheat

Heres a guy I'm going to go out on a limb and say he turns into a stud....Tyler Lumsden.

Seems like things have gotten quiet on him, but between him and Liotta the Sox have two really good under the radar arms that I think have "ACE" potential. 

We already know I like Bmac and Tracey a lot.  I'm liking the potential of the organization and I think the farm system keeps taking steps forwards, not backwards, like some seem to imply.

Agreed, there was a big influx of quality prospects from the '04 draft.

We won't know for a couple of years but baseball people seem to be impressed with guys like Gonzalez, Lumsden, Liotta, and Whisler.

Rogers' comments on Adam Ricks were interesting as well. He did some catching in highschool and he was catching in instructional league. He's a little older so he might surface fairly quickly.

The Sox aren't brimming with top quality prospects but we do have our share, which is promising.

im impressed at how highly rogers thinks of gray. he projected him to be a jeff kent type. pretty damn good praise

Yeah, he did kind of have a chubby for Gray, didn't he? I really didn't think of it until you mentioned it.

High praise indeed, comparing him to Jeff Kent.

As far as Antoin Gray goes, he's legit. I wouldn't compare him to Jeff Kent cause he has nowhere the power, but i'd say he rates similarly to Ray Durham, but with less speed.

Think offensive second baseman who is average to a little below average defensively. Gray would of got a lot more fame had he not been overshadowed by Richie Weeks at Southern.

Q:  Richard A. Smiley from Chicago, IL asks:

Thanks for doing this chat! What's your assessment of Jim Bullard? Will he make your top 30?

A:  Moderator: Hi Richard. Bullard didn't make my top 30 but could make it to the big leagues a lot quicker than many guys on the list. He's a left-handed reliever with the kind of large frame that gets noticed. It's not out of the question somebody will take him in the Rule 5 draft this year, as the Sox didn't protect him. But he just doesn't seem to have a big upside.

Bummer. I hope Bull stays with the organization.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, that was me. I've been having internet problems, that's why I haven't been here. But, lucky me, I was able to find a computer to get some questions in at BA. All I did was at 2 EST, put in a bunch of questions. I thought I'd be lucky to have one of them answered!