*Official* College Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Arizona, should be a great matchup with Michigan. Two great point guards going at it, both teams have some nice athletes and good depth.

Don't believe the hype, I've watched him play quite a bit and Daniel Horton is not a great point guard. I'm not sure I would even classify him as a good PG at this point in time, his career assist to TO ratio is about 1.1/1 which is awful for a PG. Essentially Horton has been a scorer who gets really hot ocassionally and keeps his team in games but other that really doesn't produce.

I've seen Horton play several times, a few in high school also. Horton's more of a mix at the PG position, like Dee Brown when he played some point. Bernard Robinson carried alot of the load at PG and lead the team in assists, but had a bad A/TO ratio also. Horton has never really been a great passer, but he can score from the position and defend it. Horton is never going to have a great A/TO ratio because he's basically a 2G playing PG. Even this year he has 10 assists and 9 TO's, Michigan as a team is horrible again with 27 assists to 28 to's on the year, its just sad. Michigan has so much depth, but so little discipline.

Holy crap! I've been off the boards for a month, and this thread has 19 pages going... I think I've been missing too much. Im getting pumped up for tonights opener against, oh wait, I guess it's just Delaware St. but still... I-L-L!

Does anyone know if it will be on 670 (Score) tonight?

Go Illini!

El Caballo you do realize that Illinois wasn't SI's #1, that was a nice photoshop done by someone.

Haha, see, that's how long it's been since I've been on here. A month ago it was reported on illiniboard.com but of course we know that not to be true at the #9 spot.

I'll change that now... :)

The way Delaware St was playing the 1st half, it was a good test on how we could break the zone that was bothering us early. Although, it won't be that easy against the Big 10 type zone's we will be surely seeing. I wonder how much Pruitt will be involved this season. He only had 4 minutes tonight, but he may just need to keep learning the motion offense to succeed.

Good start though..

Go Illini! :headbang