*Official* College Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we still need Illinois to beat the ZAGS tomorrow

Gonna be tough.

Hopefully Bruce and the boys don't overlook them for Wake, I doubt they will.

Should be interesting to see how we play against a real team.

Turiaff may light us up. We're gonna need a good shooting day to counter their zone.

ILL

I would prefer being overated. Seriously, Illinois is good, but they are not as good as everyone thinks they are. They have no great inside presense.

A team that went to the Sweet 16 and returned every single player?

You watch this year as Powell and Augustine become one of the top frontcourt tandems in the Big10.

Not to mention they have the best 3 guards of pretty much any team in the country.

I think we are seeing just how good the Illini can be. Like greasy said, it doesn't have to be your team against everyone else. Why not root for the Big Ten?

Personally, I like this Illinois team and think they definitely have a chance to do big things.

58-27 at half, I'm not impressed :bang

Illinois is definitely going to be a player. Great guard play these days can take you a long, long way.

By the way, what the heck happened to all the shooters at Gonzaga. First Florida went away from it, and now it looks like Gonzaga is. I don't know why teams go away from what has worked for them.

I think we are seeing just how good the Illini can be.  Like greasy said, it doesn't have to be your team against everyone else.  Why not root for the Big Ten?

Personally, I like this Illinois team and think they definitely have a chance to do big things.

They are impressing the s*** out of me. Then again the Zags don't have nearly the depth or outside shooting they have had in the past, but I sure am not going to take anything away from Ill.