*Official* College Basketball Thread

the more i get to sit at home and take in the win the more i think of how great this team has played of late; even with the strong D wake played against us we were able to counter with even better D

ps im still covered in the orange i put on myself for the game i dont know i should ever wash this off :headbang

Hushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Lets take this one step at a time. Lots of posters here have great memories. We all know now, if we didn't already, what this team is capable of. When they are firing on all cylinders they can not be beat. Period. I stand by that statment 100%.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Lets take this one step at a time.  Lots of posters here have great memories.  We all know now, if we didn't already, what this team is capable of.  When they are firing on all cylinders they can not be beat.  Period.  I stand by that statment 100%.

true....but i also know we're not going to shoot this well the entire year.

If we can win the games where those 3's aren't landing, then we're set.

I have a prediction to make NBA wise, even though it's terrible to think about...

Deron Williams will be a Top 2 PG taken in either draft he enters. Book it.

Also, there were 23 NBA people at the game tonight and I think Roger Powell just may have gotten himself into the late 2nd round, and Luther Head helped himself too.

I have a prediction to make NBA wise, even though it's terrible to think about...

Deron Williams will be a Top 2 PG taken in either draft he enters.  Book it.

Also, there were 23 NBA people at the game tonight and I think Roger Powell just may have gotten himself into the late 2nd round, and Luther Head helped himself too.

Well if you leave early your dumb, imo, unless your going to be a lottery pick.

Well if you leave early your dumb, imo, unless your going to be a lottery pick.

Which is why I said, in either draft he goes into.

I highly doubt he leaves after this year, so he will be even better when he does enter the draft.

I highly doubt he leaves after this year, so he will be even better when he does enter the draft.

Oh I got that. Just saying its a foolish thing to do, imo. Well depending on the situation. If you were going to fail out of college or something then I'd say go for it.

Williams is gone after this year. How can you say you "highly doubt" it?

Maybe you're just not in tune as much as some of us...that's not meant as a rip, but he's as good as gone

He's already a lotter pick.

Deron Williams will be a Top 2 PG taken in either draft he enters.  Book it.

If williams leaves next year we are f***ed. We are already gonna be losing head and powell. I agree that powell can possibly be taken late second round. Head on the other hand will not be drafted imo but he will be in the nba at some point.

Maybe you're just not in tune as much as some of us...that's not meant as a rip, but he's as good as gone

Cha-Ching!!!!

Sorry Willie. As Hawk says...

well you know the rest.

Alrighty then...my bad.

I don't know why I was thinking he would stay...

Me

:dips***

If williams leaves next year we are f***ed. We are already gonna be losing head and powell. I agree that powell can possibly be taken late second round. Head on the other hand will not be drafted imo but he will be in the nba at some point.

We're not "f***ed," don't panic

We'll still be a pretty good team (top 25)

McBride can step in and do a pretty good job, to start with.

Oh I got that.  Just saying its a foolish thing to do, imo.  Well depending on the situation.  If you were going to fail out of college or something then I'd say go for it.

Why is it foolish, as long as you are going to be picked anywhere in the first round I don't see any problem with leaving school early. Thats 3 years guaranteed of making a lot of money and almost every first round pick gets a second contract of some sort even if they don't play that well. College will always be there if you want to go back the NBA might not be, not to mention there is no guarantee that staying in college longer will raise your draft stock.

Williams will be a top ten pick next year without a doubt. But why not stay for your senior year and possiblly be a top three pick? Differance of money in the top three to tenth is quite a big differance actually.

To get to your second contract quicker which is the one that pays the real big money, and why risk having your draft stock go down if you are already a top 10 pick.

We're not "f***ed," don't panic

We'll still be a pretty good team (top 25)

McBride can step in and do a pretty good job, to start with.

Ya, i know. I just really want williams to stay next year even though that is highly unlikely. Maybe he will shock us and possibl stay. I think mcbride would take over heads role and do so pretty well. He has such a nice touch.

Why is it foolish, as long as you are going to be picked anywhere in the first round I don't see any problem with leaving school early.  Thats 3 years guaranteed of making a lot of money and almost every first round pick gets a second contract of some sort even if they don't play that well.  College will always be there if you want to go back the NBA might not be, not to mention there is no guarantee that staying in college longer will raise your draft stock.

Casue if your not a guaranteed lottery pick then you take the chance of taking a major slide into the 2nd round where you don't get a guaranteed contract and all of a sudden you are in a serious bind.

Cause the top 20 players at the very least are all told they will be lottery picks, so if your in that group you should feel safe about being picked in the 1st round, if your not then your likely to go anywhere from late first round to 2nd and if you got eligibility left why not get your education and improve your status.

For those of you debating the draft...he couldn't help his stock much more if he stayed another year. I don't see the advantage of staying, unless the draft class is much weaker in his senior year, thereby improving his rank? I don't know the nba draft very well, i'm just speculating on how it might work.

For those of you debating the draft...he couldn't help his stock much more if he stayed another year. I don't see the advantage of staying, unless the draft class is much weaker in his senior year, thereby improving his rank? I don't know the nba draft very well, i'm just speculating on how it might work.

It all kinda depends on when all the PG's leave.

Paul

Felton

Gilchrist

We'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out. If those three all go this year, Deron may wait another year and be the best of the best at PG.