*Official* College Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
The illini are the cubs of the college basketball scene.... and the Blue Demons are the white sox....

I just thought that up in my head I know i am a genious.

So what would u rather be?

Someone who knows how to spell the word "genius." :huh

GO ILLINI!!!!

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)
The illini are the cubs of the college basketball scene.... and the Blue Demons are the white sox....

wtf how does that make any sense? :bang

in that case i would be a cubs and a sox fan but then again i would hope most people would root for depaul to do well especially after whooping cincy

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)

and why?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
Andrew Bogut dropped down 33 points from 8-14, 16 rebounds and 5 blocks in a 64-50 over Colorado State. How long until Utah goes top 10?

They were really high on him in Austrailia I heard when he was going to Utah. I hear they are even more excited about seeing Ben Allen. I hear he's even more dominate than Bogut..... What you know about him DBAHO?

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
I was just kidding.... i do really enjoy watching the illini play, i guess i shoulda put all that in green. my bad

Same here.

I'm definitely not an Illini fan, but I definitely love watching that team play. They're really unselfish, and overall, they play a real fun game.

That being said, I'll be the first one cheering if Northwestern beats them at Assembly... :)

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
Same here.

I'm definitely not an Illini fan, but I definitely love watching that team play.  They're really unselfish, and overall, they play a real fun game.

That being said, I'll be the first one cheering if Northwestern beats them at Assembly...  :)

if that happens don't even think of showing your face at a tailgate. :lol:

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
Same here.

I'm definitely not an Illini fan, but I definitely love watching that team play.  They're really unselfish, and overall, they play a real fun game.

That being said, I'll be the first one cheering if Northwestern beats them at Assembly...  :)

And i'll be the first one to give you a beat down :chair :rolly

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 08:17 AM)
Andrew Bogut dropped down 33 points from 8-14, 16 rebounds and 5 blocks in a 64-50 over Colorado State. How long until Utah goes top 10?

Has anybody seen any early draft rankings/projections?

I'm curious to see what talent is out there since nobody really stands out..

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
Has anybody seen any early draft rankings/projections?

I'm curious to see what talent is out there since nobody really stands out..

The only stuff I've seen is on ESPN Insider. This is a weak high school class and the senior class isn't stellar either. However, there is a pretty good European class and a lot of good underclassmen. Their projected top 5 from January was, in no particular order, Chris Paul, Chris Taft, Marvin Williams, Rudy Gay, and Martynas Andriuskevicus (7-3 PF from Lithuania). Two other hot names that just missed are Andrew Bogut and Nemanja Alexandrov (6-10 SF from Serbia). Those last two are moving in opposite directions.

The high school senior class is the weakest in atleast 10 years. But that won't stop kids from jumping into the draft anyways. I wouldn't be suprised to see 6+ from this class again try to make the jump. I wouldn't be suprised to see any of these guys make the HS/Pro jump; Louis Williams, Monta Ellis, Brandon Rush, Julian Wright, Andray Blatche, Martell Webster, Shawne Williams, Gerald Green, Amir Johnson, Chris Douglas-Roberts.

Most likely Monta Ellis and Louis Williams will make the jump, they are on opposing teams in one of the biggest all-star games and will likely be auditioning against each other. Both are very talented players, but what position Louis Williams will play in the NBA or even on the next level is a question. I think Brandon Rush, Martell Webster, and Gerald Green are on the next tier of most likely to go, all 3 are very talented 2G/SF types. What you will see out of this class is that there is a severe lack of post players that could make the jump which could help someone like Chris Taft at Pitt who has been struggling but is very talented and of course all the foreign big men will feast on the draft again.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 03:04 AM)
I loathe the HS to NBA jump...ugh...

Yeah for the most part I do too. Especially the players who think they're ready, but they end up being the 12th man on the team. I think they need to put a minimum age in the NBA, like 20 as they've mentioned before. That would require a year or two in college or wherever. I feel old knowing that there are people in the NBA younger than me now.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
The high school senior class is the weakest in atleast 10 years. But that won't stop kids from jumping into the draft anyways. I wouldn't be suprised to see 6+ from this class again try to make the jump. I wouldn't be suprised to see any of these guys make the HS/Pro jump; Louis Williams, Monta Ellis, Brandon Rush, Julian Wright, Andray Blatche, Martell Webster, Shawne Williams, Gerald Green, Amir Johnson, Chris Douglas-Roberts.

Most likely Monta Ellis and Louis Williams will make the jump, they are on opposing teams in one of the biggest all-star games and will likely be auditioning against each other. Both are very talented players, but what position Louis Williams will play in the NBA or even on the next level is a question. I think Brandon Rush, Martell Webster, and Gerald Green are on the next tier of most likely to go, all 3 are very talented 2G/SF types. What you will see out of this class is that there is a severe lack of post players that could make the jump which could help someone like Chris Taft at Pitt who has been struggling but is very talented and of course all the foreign big men will feast on the draft again.

There are definitely people that will try to go, but they'll be largely unsuccessful. Supposedly Green and Webster are the only ones with any hope of the lottery, although Ellis has been moving up after torching Williams head to head. He's got a much better chance if the scouts think he is a PG, which is starting to happen. Williams is one of those guys that thinks he is better than he is. He thinks he's Allen Iverson, most scouts aren't sold. This is definitely only a blip on the radar though, prep players going early isn't going to stop. Greg Oden and Brandan Wright will probably both be top 5 picks next year, and Kevin Durant might have a shot with some good performances.