*Official* College Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what else would you expect. Once agaon U of I gettin no respect and UNC and KU way overrated. KU barely won against vermont, UNC lost to Santa Clara, a pathetic team. Illini gettin the job done against Delaware St.  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Illinois is a top 5 team, how is that not getting respect.

My Wildcats gave me a scare, were down 9 in the second half but ended up winning. Parker hit a 3 pointer to win it, had a solid game. Hachad was pretty off and Vedran didn't shoot very well, but they still won. These guys might be scary once Thompson is eligible.

It's early. They barely won, but I'm thrilled to see Brandon Lee contribute. He definitely fits the possible diamond in the rough mold. Playing 2nd banana to some Shaun Livingston guy in HS didn't allow him to look good or put up the numbers, but I think he is going to be a stud.

you in the krush?

i am at the opposite end of the court right next to the band and like i said before in response to '99 i didnt think it was zone but my view is obstructed so its hard to even tell what they were doing defensively on that end but in the 2nd half they used no zone

Ok, now I'm really confused. Sportsline put us as winning 88-70 and then I went to the universitys site to get a recap and apparently we lost 88-70. :huh: Oh well I guess, we have a solid freshman class that can do good things later on.

Actually that makes much more sense. Oh well.

Salukis open up at home today vs. Augustanna ILL @ 3pm. I know I'm the only one who cares.

Gonna be representing SIU all season!

Hey I am a Missouri Valley guy so I am with you on the Salukis. I have met and like Chris Lowery as well.

Speaking of the Valley, cellar dweller Evansville won their opener Friday night with a 100-85 win over Central Michigan. I am not expecting big things, but hopefully they can improve. They went on a Canadian Tour in the preseason and won four games. They also won both of their pre-season games so Friday's win gives them seven in a row. Granted the competition level has sucked, but for them winning seven in a row against anyone is a step in the right direction.