*Official* College Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its less than 4 games into the season, but my god does this team look good. They are certainly going to be something special.

Be carful.... many teams play great in November and December and something goes wrong later. I like the Illinois team, but I'd keep your expectations on the ground.

Case in point, two years ago, IU looked like world beaters for their first six games or so, coming off an appearance in the championship game. Not long after, Davis gave too much rope to Bracey Wright and he tried to be the star, changing how they played, and the losing began.

I am not saying that specific thing will happen with the Illini, but things can and often do change for teams playing too well early on.

Be carful....      many teams play great in November and December and something goes wrong later.  I like the Illinois team, but I'd keep your expectations on the ground. 

Case in point, two years ago, IU looked like world beaters for their first six games or so, coming off an appearance in the championship game.  Not long after, Davis gave too much rope to Bracey Wright and he tried to be the star, changing how they played, and the losing began. 

I am not saying that specific thing will happen with the Illini, but things can and often do change for teams playing too well early on.

Thats EXACTLY what im trying to say. They started out winning the Maui and going 8-0 and were ranked number 5 in the nation and Davis just starting loving Wright and we just starting sucking because we started to live and die by the three.

Thats EXACTLY what im trying to say. They started out winning the Maui and going 8-0 and were ranked number 5 in the nation and Davis just starting loving Wright and we just starting sucking because we started to live and die by the three.

Seriously, Illinois is good, but they are not as good as everyone thinks they are. They have no great inside presense.

I hope Gonzaga beats the s*** out of Illinois, and Deron breaks his leg.

Those two quotes sure don't make it seem that is exactly what you were trying to say. Perhaps choose your words more carefully next time?

Beautiful win for the Illini.

Score makes it seem a lot closer than it really was, pretty much just a 2nd half full of coasting, not as much defensive pressure.

Congrats to Mark Few on padding some guys stats when the Illini had their 11th+ men on the floor. :lol:

Wake...:bringit

i only saw the 2nd half of the illinois game so i can't comment much, all i can say is i was pretty happy when i saw the score :headbang

You missed some incredible basketball.

Wooden himself said the 1st half was one of the better performance he's seen in awhile.

You missed some incredible basketball.

Wooden himself said the 1st half was one of the better performance he's seen in awhile.

Just got back from the game, that quote gave me goosebumps when I heard that. Is Luther on fire or what? I hope he can continue his hot shooting on Wednesday. I'm thinking James will have to be pretty huge as well, because we're not going to be hitting better than 50 percent from 3 point land 5 games in a row. I guess we can only hope, but all I do know is Assembly Hall is going to be rocking in 4 days!

GO ILLINI!

Well getting Freshman and Sophomores minutes are key. Did you see DJ White at the end of the game. He wanted the ball every time down. And Ewing  Jr is just freaking ridiculously athletic.

You are gonna need a helluva lot more than that to beat UNC.

Perhaps a sprained ankle for every UNC starter might work...but I doubt it.

BTW...nice game Bracey Wright. :notworthy :lol: