*Official* College Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illinois fans, watch Chris Paul closely, he's a punk on the court. He's always throwing elbows and throwing tantrums on the court, especially when he thinks he was fouled. Not many have noticed it, maybe he will show it again. He's a great player that Matt FREAKING Doherty asked to walk-on at UNC, Paul was a huge UNC fan. Can you imagine Paul and Felton in the same backcourt, DAMN YOU DOHERTY. Ok done ranting.

I'll be there  :D

Awesome. It is Paint the Hall Orange night, correct?

Man right now I'm on a Wake board talkin to some people and damn...they have no idea. They're talkin about how playing at the Hall won't scare Wake and won't make any difference. They arguing that our guards are more sloppy and bigger ball hogs than Wake's guards. :lol:

Awesome.  It is Paint the Hall Orange night, correct?

Man right now I'm on a Wake board talkin to some people and damn...they have no idea.  They're talkin about how playing at the Hall won't scare Wake and won't make any difference.  They arguing that our guards are more selfish and bigger ball hogs than Wake's guards.  :lol:

i haven't heard anything about it being paint the hall night.

and i'm not suprised by what the wake fans are saying, illinois gets no respect for being a tough game for visitors. I know its silly but just look at EA's march madness game, illinois wasn't even in the top 25 toughest places to play....just an example.

It's going to be an awesome night, it'll be my first "real" krush game too....i'm pumped.

and i'm not suprised by what the wake fans are saying, illinois gets no respect for being a tough game for visitors.  I know its silly but just look at EA's march madness game, illinois wasn't even in the top 25 toughest places to play....just an example.

It's going to be an awesome night, it'll be my first "real" krush game too....i'm pumped.

It was one of the dumbest things I had ever read though.

MORE SELFISH?

After Basketball God himself (Wooden) said we were one of the most unselfish team hes seen. More sloppy? What a clown, just completely ignore A/TO ratios.

Whatever, like talking to a brick wall.

Also, said the only reason we have a good home record is because we play Big 10 teams... :huh:

Man, what am I thinking about PTHO...I'm losing it.

and i'm not suprised by what the wake fans are saying, illinois gets no respect for being a tough game for visitors.  I know its silly but just look at EA's march madness game, illinois wasn't even in the top 25 toughest places to play....just an example.

those rankings were bulls***. Illini are the best home team in the country over the past few years, bar none, not even the dookies. 55-2 or sumthin like that

It was one of the dumbest things I had ever read though.

MORE SELFISH?

After Basketball God himself (Wooden) said we were one of the most unselfish team hes seen.  More sloppy?  What a clown, just completely ignore A/TO ratios.

Whatever, like talking to a brick wall.

Also, said the only reason we have a good home record is because we play Big 10 teams... :huh:

Man, what am I thinking about PTHO...I'm losing it.

no sense in arguing, we'll let 'em see on wednesday ;) :bringit

If Illinois wins, you think they move up to at least 2????

if they win, they better be first! IMO they should be number three in the polls tom. since GT almost lost to UIC and Wake almost to Zona. Not to mention that we just beat the s*** out of a pretty good Gonzaga team on a neutral court

well once you get in that number 1 spot its hard to lose it unless you lose so i guess it matters in a way... btw im not a big college basketball fan this is actually my first year watching it other than March Madness(got to make money somehow)

Quick question the refs in this game seemed to let the guys play and not call every little thing like its done in the NBA... is it like that in most college bball games or were these refs just kind of blind? It helped me enjoy the game a lot more thats for sure.

It is paint the hall orange night 2005.

Although Illinois is trying to make every game a paint the hall orange night. There's no reason not to wear orange.

I'll be in the Krush to the left of the basket. I'm getting in line at about 2:00 for the game.

Steve, it's gonna be awesome, even if you aren't on the floor.

lucky me i dont have to wait in line to get my floor seats although i am tucked away in one of the corners by the band gonna be the best game in my 4 years here though

I don't have to wait, in theory, because i'm an all american, but i want my normal spot and i think waiting outside will just build the anticipation for the game.

Plus, i'd rather be outside assembly hall than in class

how does it work for getting your seats anyways with being behind the basket and those who sit in chairs right by me

if your all american level (like illinikrush) you get floor seats automatically.

if your a chump varsity level (like me) you have to wait, and hopefully after all the all-americans get in there are enough floor seats for you, if not your put up top.

All-Americans get first dibs for floor seats (read, only ones who will get floor seats for big games). As far as bleachers/chairs along the baseline goes, that is simply first come, first serve.

I prefer the bleachers by the basket, i like the view of the game better and i like being able to stand the entire game and go nuts. You have to stay down for the most part if you are in the chairs. It's not really a true Krush feeling...sitting back and watching the game like that.