*Official* College Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, start a thread in the contest board and see who jumps in.  I'd participate.

I'll let someone who knows what the best format would be start it. Does anybody know where I can find a list of the games being played in the challenge this year?

I have always thought the Big Ten got screwed with the matchups.  I don't think it was done intentionally, but I just always felt the Big Ten was at a disadvantage.  They never seemed to get key matchups at home, rather had to go on the road or play on a neutral court.  I haven't even looked at the matchups this year.

Is it possible to do some kind of pool on it this year, picking the winners?

I've always felt the same way.

Iowa will not be involved this year... Only Illinois is definitely better than them in the B10... So that's the B10's 2nd or 3rd best team watching at home.

Sure they got completely outclassed by NC, but that was after back to back wins against top 15 teams.... it's tough to expect ANYONE to do that in March for an NCAA title.

I just posted matchups in the prediction thread. Here's the schedule...

Monday, Nov. 29

7:00 p.m. ESPN2 Purdue at N.C. State

Tuesday, Nov. 30

7:00 p.m. ESPN Michigan at Georgia Tech

7:30 p.m. ESPN2 Florida State at Minnesota

9:00 p.m. ESPN Michigan State at Duke

9:30 p.m. ESPN2 Maryland at Wisconsin

Wednesday, Dec. 1

7:00 p.m. ESPN Wake Forest at Illinois

7:30 p.m. ESPN2 Ohio State at Clemson

9:00 p.m. ESPN North Carolina at Indiana

9:30 p.m. ESPN2 Virginia at Northwestern

UNC is slaughtering a pretty good USC team with 6 seniors. It was 56-28 at the half and UNC is piling it on, likely another 100 point game. The best I have ever seen UNC play, everyone that has played has an assist and defense is causing USC to shoot 35%. Just wow.

UNC wins 97-65. It was even worse than that, UNC scrubs came in with 6 mins to go and gave up about 12 points.

Sean May 17 points 10 boards 3 steals in 27 mins

Jawad Williams 23 points in 21 mins

Marvin Williams 14 points 6 boards 24 mins

McCants only 13 points on an offnight

Manual 14 points in 20 mins

Felton 7 points 12 assists in 27 mins

IU-UNC should be a good matchup, can't wait.

Hey Spiff what the heck is wrong with FSU's team this year? I expected them to be a very solid team, then they lose to Texas A&M CC and Kent State? Is it a bad rotation or just bad all-around play?

I honestly couldn't tell you not having been able to see them play yet. Those are some really really bad losses for a team who was supposed to be top 30 or so. Maybe they read too much of their own press. Not having Tim Pickett anymore is big I suppose, but they have to get over it and it seems like nobody has really stepped up to be a scorer. I mean, their leading scorer is averaging 11 ppg.

Maybe it is just an early season funk or maybe they were just a bit overrated, I guess we'll see. Hopefully on Tuesday night they'll put on a good performance.

The only way the Big Ten can win this challenge is to get 3 wins on Tuesday night and rely on Ohio State to beat Clemson, which would make it all come down to the Illinois/Wake game.

The disappointing thing is that none of these games are being done is high definition. That blows.

Any Illinois students on here, i have a friend that has 2 student tickets available for the wake game, section C row 2, you are gonna have to come up with some cash, let me know if you want to bid on them.

I'll ask Chewie if he's interested. What does he want for them, just face value?

As I opened up my free issuse of Playboy today, I noticed that they ranked us #1!

:headbang For being #1!

:headbang For Playboy!

free playboy????

Someone posted a link over at WSI, and all it asked for was your e-mail address, and phone number for 2 free issues. I came back from a bar crawl that night, so I gave them my actual phone number. :dips*** But I haven't recieved any calls yet.

Someone posted a link over at WSI, and all it asked for was your e-mail address, and phone number for 2 free issues.  I came back from a bar crawl that night, so I gave them my actual phone number.  :dips*** But I haven't recieved any calls yet.

only 2 that sucks, i guess youll be looking at the same girls a lot ;)

btw who is on this months cover